PDA

View Full Version : favourite band live?

louder
21-01-2007, 03:44 PM
yer, whats your favourite band live - some people don't like thier normal favourite bands live.
like atm my favourite band is probably panic! at the disco, but they're shocking live (i've not seen them live, but i've seen it on tv etc.)

my favourite band live is out of;
bmth
lostprophets
the ark

can't rly decide.

uh huh her
21-01-2007, 03:54 PM
paramore [saw them in october]
madina lake [same night as paramore]
muse [saw on tv, amazing]
green day [bullet in a bible dvd, amazing]

& i recorded a programme about p!atd on tour, & i'd agree with you, they're not amazing live. but they're still a great band.

kooldude23
21-01-2007, 03:57 PM
InMe. Seen them twice.

:dallsgreen
21-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Alexisonfire & Moneen.
Although when I saw them together Moneen put on a better show. But alexisonfire is a great band to see live.

YoManGo!
21-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Flogging Molly; Irish dancing circle pits!

would give anything to see Misfits again, preferably with Balzac supporting.

louder
21-01-2007, 04:22 PM
green day [bullet in a bible dvd, amazing]

they're not all that great live - billie joe was hyping up the american idiot solo + everyone was getting ready for it, + thier other guitarist played it while he played the main riff "/

YoManGo!
21-01-2007, 04:31 PM
green day are lame live.

summer
21-01-2007, 04:35 PM
you can't be a great band if you suck live. a live performance is the real sound of the band - they have to put all their talent into it if it exists, and sadly panic showed that when it comes to the crunch, they have no talent. the only thing they're capable of doing at a live show is murdering radiohead songs.

Browney
21-01-2007, 04:39 PM
From what I've seen Artic Monkeys hype the crowd up something amazing. I saw them on the Tv from the reading festival.

RedStratocas
21-01-2007, 04:52 PM
you can't be a great band if you suck live. a live performance is the real sound of the band - they have to put all their talent into it if it exists, and sadly panic showed that when it comes to the crunch, they have no talent. the only thing they're capable of doing at a live show is murdering radiohead songs.

Hmmm, I kinda disagree with that (but I highly agree with PATD murdering radiohead). Many great bands arent very good live, its just not their atmosphere. Like the band XTC. The lead singer suffers from stage fright, you can imagine how difficult that is. But their albums got massive critical aclaim. Different bands feel better in different situations. Many bands spend monthes, sometimes even years in the studios perfecting every sound on their album, so to go out live and perform the song that took them weeks to make in a matter of minutes is mind boggling.

I guess it depends on the style of music and the band though.

benjamin
21-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Muse are amazing live.

Sly
21-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Anti-Flag & Rise Against are good live.

&& Kids In Glass Houses.

YoManGo!
21-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Rancid are pretty bad live. Too many fat sweaty girls and boys trying to hug me.

Arneuh
21-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Muse.I Like Them

RedStratocas
21-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Coldplay are pretty good live *boot to the face*

Uh, R.E.M. werent bad either, even though they're kinda old, haha.

louder
21-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Rancid are pretty bad live. Too many fat sweaty girls and boys trying to hug me.

lmao. SCORE!
i only like one rancid song. not heard it since last year and i can't even remember what it's called - thier most well known song i think though.

MsTanya
21-01-2007, 05:12 PM
babyshambles were amazing

YoManGo!
21-01-2007, 05:22 PM
lmao. SCORE!
i only like one rancid song. not heard it since last year and i can't even remember what it's called - thier most well known song i think though.

It really wasn't.
Hmm, does it go ''destination unknown, ruby, ruby, ruby, ruby soho!''
...And Out Come The Wolves, Let's Go and Rancid were good albums, but the last 3 all sucked, and I'm guessing the new one will too.

louder
21-01-2007, 05:25 PM
It really wasn't.
Hmm, does it go ''destination unknown, ruby, ruby, ruby, ruby soho!''
...And Out Come The Wolves, Let's Go and Rancid were good albums, but the last 3 all sucked, and I'm guessing the new one will too.

can't remember how it goes, thats the thing, lmao.

YoManGo!
21-01-2007, 05:32 PM
It was probably that one.
that song is too popular for its own good.

samsaBEAR
21-01-2007, 06:35 PM
the automatic (h)
but only atm

hobo
21-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Flogging Molly; Irish dancing circle pits!

would give anything to see Misfits again, preferably with Balzac supporting.

haha i have a flogging molly t shirt, was going to go see them with a guy from work who was obsessed, but i couldnt afford it!
so he brought me back a t shirt.

steps.

joshuar
21-01-2007, 06:48 PM
The Fratellis <3 and Kaiser Chiefs were quite good live aswell.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!