PDA

View Full Version : PSP Router connection?

TheLastShadow
22-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Is there anyway i can further the internet router connection im taking from my neighbor? Like increase the distance like instead of having like 33%, increase the connection to like 66% so i can move around my house more.

myke
22-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Imo you shouldn't be stealing it anyway.

gosling
22-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm pretty sure there isn't. Bit dodgy but I used to try and use next door's connection but it was only ever about 12%.
We've got our own Wireless Router now anyway :]

Nick.
22-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Buy a router of your own. You can buy signal increaser things. Look on Amazon ;)

shank
22-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Move your bed or something?
Buy your own router, it's only
like £40 quid..

GommeInc
22-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Best advice to go with :rolleyes:

TheLastShadow
23-01-2007, 01:41 AM

Best advice to gGoo with :rolleyes:

Why not? Its not actually stealing it. The Wi-Fi is entering my property. I can use it.

Kenneth
23-01-2007, 02:15 AM
Its stelling there internet service which they payed for

TheLastShadow
23-01-2007, 02:20 AM
Its stelling there internet service which they payed for
No its not actually..I read up online for an example..

Okay Say your neighbor was watering there lawn. And they turned there sprinkler system on. And part of there sprinkler reached over the street. So a guy walks by and sees theres water being thrown on the street. So he grabs a bucket, and collects the water. And the homeowner says its stealing. But how? The pedestrian didnt trespass. He didnt walk on your lawn. The water was on the street that is public property. So whos to say that its stealing? Its the Same thing with Wi-Fi. Someone router goes onto my property. I pick it up, and i use it. If they want to keep it theres they should put a security code. Regardless, if its in the air, and you dont go on there property for it, it isnt stealing.

shank
23-01-2007, 11:18 AM
No its not actually..I read up online for an example..

Okay Say your neighbor was watering there lawn. And they turned there sprinkler system on. And part of there sprinkler reached over the street. So a guy walks by and sees theres water being thrown on the street. So he grabs a bucket, and collects the water. And the homeowner says its stealing. But how? The pedestrian didnt trespass. He didnt walk on your lawn. The water was on the street that is public property. So whos to say that its stealing? Its the Same thing with Wi-Fi. Someone router goes onto my property. I pick it up, and i use it. If they want to keep it theres they should put a security code. Regardless, if its in the air, and you dont go on there property for it, it isnt stealing.

True, they're basically inviting you to use
it, as they have no WEP key or nothing.

GommeInc
23-01-2007, 12:02 PM
We're talking about Wi-Fi, not water on a street. Firstly, there is a wall between you too, and a router is something the neighbour owns and they cannot control how far the distance goes while with a spinkler, you can "/ That is the major flaw with that argument.

It is stealing, using someones internet connection. They paid for that money and they cannot control how far it stretches out. You're just using this opportunity for a free connection while you could just get your own so you could stop being stingey?

TheLastShadow
25-01-2007, 02:45 AM
We're talking about Wi-Fi, not water on a street. Firstly, there is a wall between you too, and a router is something the neighbour owns and they cannot control how far the distance goes while with a spinkler, you can "/ That is the major flaw with that argument.

It is stealing, using someones internet connection. They paid for that money and they cannot control how far it stretches out. You're just using this opportunity for a free connection while you could just get your own so you could stop being stingey?
No Lol

HUGECOOL
25-01-2007, 04:56 AM
You're not only borrowing your neighbor's internet connection, you're entering into their entire network and even if you're the most computer-illiterate person in the world, your presence in their network is not wanted. The example you used was very poor. Water is not the same as data, which if not careful, can pose a danger to the original owners depending on the content you're accessing. Second, the 'bucket' used to collect the water cannot be tracked down, so if in your example the neighbor wanted to press charges against the water thieves, they'd be out of luck because you cannot track down buckets. However, devices that connect to the Internet all have their own personal MAC address, which makes tracking down devices a very easy process. The origin of the water in your example also does not keep track of devices that have accessed water from it, however, a router always keeps a log of the MAC address and IP Address assigned of every device that has ever connected to it unless reset by the owner. So you see, its much more complex than 'water thrown in your property'. In fact, many major cell phone companies are trespassing my property with their networks. Does that give me a right to bypass their protocols in order to gain access to their services free of charge that, by your logic, belong to me? No, it doesn't. I have to pay for it, just like everyone else. Point being, unless you asked the person to use their wireless connection or you bought your own personal wireless router, you shouldn't complain that the signal is too low.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!