PDA

View Full Version : Preventing line break within a hyperlink

sierk
09-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Does anybody know how to prevent a line break in the middle of a link?
On the homepage the text at top looks like this for me:

useful background information about Habbo Hotel
UK. We have our own .....

There is a linebreak between Hotel and Uk which are part of the same link. Of course this is different for everybody, depending on the size of your browser window and other things. I would like it so that there can never be line break at a space between 2 words that are part of the same hyperlink.

Anderman
09-04-2005, 12:15 PM
I dont think ther is away unless you edit the layout tables :/

Mentor
09-04-2005, 12:23 PM
the link is broken so it fits inside the tables, you could set the tables so they do resize, but this would cause problems for people useing smallers screen resoltions

scottish
09-04-2005, 12:35 PM
read Wrong... Sorry DELETE PLEASE!

splintercell!
09-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Ok after consulting a html guide I found a wierd code but one which is meant to work it works like:
jfdlk<nobr>HabboHotel</nobr>dgjlg and that will stop the auto matic linebreak :)

-JT-
09-04-2005, 01:14 PM
just make the text smaller OR you could increase the size of the tables ever o so slightly

sierk
09-04-2005, 01:59 PM
no i want it to look good for all different sizes. i can try that nobreak command.

just make the text smaller OR you could increase the size of the tables ever o so slightly

-JT-
09-04-2005, 02:16 PM
the other thing i can suggest is shortening the sentence!

sierk
16-04-2005, 11:56 AM
thanks that worked.

Ok after consulting a html guide I found a wierd code but one which is meant to work it works like:
jfdlk<nobr>HabboHotel</nobr>dgjlg and that will stop the auto matic linebreak :)

BlueTails
16-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Does anybody know how to prevent a line break in the middle of a link?
On the homepage the text at top looks like this for me:

useful background information about Habbo Hotel
UK. We have our own .....

There is a linebreak between Hotel and Uk which are part of the same link. Of course this is different for everybody, depending on the size of your browser window and other things. I would like it so that there can never be line break at a space between 2 words that are part of the same hyperlink.

:o a super site owner dont know that.... music to my ears

DanDaTard
25-03-2006, 01:48 AM
*Removed*

Edited By Snoop-20(Forum Moderator): Please Do not Be Rude and Do not Spam

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!