PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] Magic Spell Casting Scene

Ekalb
25-01-2007, 12:14 PM
I haven't posted this in the alterations section on this forum yet for some reason. People have already began picking it apart and stealing various parts from it so I think I should post it before anyone else steals it.

Something I made during the hype of a hogwarts school opening (If you don't like Harry Potter/Harry Potter related things please don't reject it for that reason).

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3028/magicspellcast1ss3.png

Personal Comment: I tried many different backgrounds and had trouble with various surfaces, so I came up with a simple scene of a duelling arena with 3 different tiles running down the centre and on the bricked wall some fire lamps recoloured and re shaded. I'm relatively happy with the magician in it especially the hair and position. I am fully aware that the spell doesn't have a low opacity glow around it but after doing some experimenting im not sure if it needs it.
CC please.

IT IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE HARRY POTTER THX

shank
25-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Eeeeek, very nice!
8.5/10. :eusa_clap

lolligeboy
25-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Nice, I allready have seen it. 9/10
I like the lights!!!
You should join hogwarts pixel group:
http://habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1201

Acidulantes
25-01-2007, 04:29 PM
To quote a friend... you really need the glasses and the scar...

Browney
25-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Not your best work but I love it all the same.
As you know. :rolleyes:

I would say to add more rugs etc but obviously it's an arena. Not much to improve on I would'nt say.

Ekalb
25-01-2007, 09:44 PM
To quote a friend... you really need the glasses and the scar...

Why would I need glasses and a scar? It's meant to be of me but I haven't had any injuries in a long time that would be showing in that image and my vision is basically perfect so I don't need glasses.
However if you are indicating that it doesn't look like Harry Potter well it is clearly you who needs glasses as it's not supposed to be him.
Btw Acid, you once said you could give me so much CC on every alt I did because they need it so badly but your post is obviously lacking it. Maybe that says something about you.

Thank you everybody else, you may have seen the alteration already posted by me in the hogwarts forum, HD forum, HF.

Describe
25-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Calm down
Acid was giving Tips
Its a nice alt
I'd also like to see maybe a Floor Rug ?
Some chairs against the wall- Nice 9/10

Ekalb
25-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Calm down
Acid was giving Tips
Its a nice alt
I'd also like to see maybe a Floor Rug ?
Some chairs against the wall- Nice 9/10

I am calm, see below
He is just having a dig at me on purpose, he was quoting someone on another forum who abused me and bad repped me for it not being harry potter even when I had written in big text and posted a few times that it wasn't suppose to be harry potter.
Thank you I'm glad you like it.
In the place where it's set.. I don't think so since it's suppose to be like a dungeon-esque arena
Again not really needed in the area, like putting a chair on the middle of a fencing ground.
Thank you for your comment I understand what you are trying to say and I also understand that you weren't fully informed about what Acid was trying to do.

Acidulantes
26-01-2007, 10:49 AM
I was trying to help you? Maybe people would understand it more if it was harry potter... Last time I try that... and I didnt say I could give every single one of your alts c+c becuase they need it so bad... so shut up.
The only thing it says about me is that I like to help improving peoples alts WITH them... not doing it for them like some people I know of but wish I didnt...

oh and another tip if you actually listen to these things...

after doing some experimenting im not sure if it needs it

It does.

Blinger1
26-01-2007, 10:51 AM
nice alt :-) +rep the body looks a bit flat if you stare at it?

Acidulantes
26-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Yea flat aswell.. like another one of you alts of a man stood in dark clothes in a dark room... Youd think youda taken the hint but you obviously dont listen to c+c when it comes your way. Maybe I should do it for you? Nah Im not a jerk.

Blinger1
26-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Yea flat aswell.. like another one of you alts of a man stood in dark clothes in a dark room... Youd think youda taken the hint but you obviously dont listen to c+c when it comes your way. Maybe I should do it for you? Nah Im not a jerk.
my comment wasn't ment to start an arguement just pointing out it looks a little flat..

Acidulantes
26-01-2007, 11:07 AM
This started a few threads ago... dont youworry lol

Roboevil
26-01-2007, 11:25 AM
This started a few threads ago... dont youworry lol

Where?

Ekalb
26-01-2007, 12:25 PM
I was trying to help you?

No you weren't. By quoting someone who obviously was trying to take a stab at me for some unknown reason on purpose who offered no good CC (That's like me saying that your skate park alteration is bad because it doesn't look the same as one of my local skate parks) you are not helping at all.
I really do not see why you are intent on trying to start arguments in my threads. Here's a tip for you budy, actually become good at pixel art before you start trying to offer "c+c" even though what you posted clearly is not a constructive comment that will improve the graphic. It is a design based on my habbo not Harry Potter. Please don't post in this thread until you do manage to think of some valid CC.

About the glow, it actually isn't needed really, looking at various 100% pixel by pixel works of a similar topic the 'low opacity glow' isn't really needed if the right tones of colours is used on the spell.

Thank you Blinger for your constructive comment, I'll try to put a bit more space between the tones on the coat around the curve of the body.
And Mit it's best not to get involved in this childish war of words, fact he is still bitter about when I gave an in depth guide to my comments about one of his alts.

Why must I be forced to write out long replys when mature people could be examining the graphic and posting instead.

:Hazel
26-01-2007, 12:45 PM
i like :D 9/10

Acidulantes
26-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Im not bitter... whos bitter? I said where you posted this on HD That you could atleast post the one with the glow aswell to see which one people liked more but you just shrugged it off...
More people know harry potter than your local skatepark which is why I and the guy on HD suggested the scar and glasses but yet again, you shrugged off something which could potentially make it better thinking you know best...
Im not your buddy,
If everyone were to become good at pixel art before they offered cc, you wouldnt get any of the like in this thread.
Your just being silly ignoring my comments and listening to someone else who said the same thing.
You didnt give me an in depth guide to one of mine. You did it for yourself trying to show people you could do it better.

no one forced you to reply with such a long piece of writing, you could just take the c+c I offered

Ekalb
26-01-2007, 01:31 PM
I wanted to make an alteration of a habbo version of me in hogwarts gear and you critcise those basic plans and say it should be something else. Sure if i wanted a harry potter I would have designed one but I didn't. It was my idea so I do know best about it, I made it.

You have never asked me to post the glow experiment image and I had never 'shrugged off' showing you it. In fact you even said it's fine the way it is.
You didn't offer any CC, not on this forum anyway. You just said it should be something completely different and I don't want it to be.

Mr.Sam
26-01-2007, 01:36 PM

Just leave the thread already, if you had read the op you would know that it is supposed to be blake not harry potter. No need to criticise his work for something you got wrong.
also your not one to pick faults at peoples work - look at your own.

Nice work blake, You said that you tried a few scenes maybe try in a dark forest so the beam stands out a lot? :)

8/10

Acidulantes
26-01-2007, 01:38 PM
IM TRYING TO HELP YOU. I think you would get more/higher ratings if it was harry potter. To quote well, you.
'Can you actually try and read the post?'

I know I said its fine the way it is, but thats my opinion. Others might think it needs a glow...

I never said it shoud be completely different, I said add glasses and a scar, and maybe a glow so err I hardly said you should make him in shorts and a tshirt, throwing a frisbee, with a cowboy hat on did I?

Just leave the thread already, if you had read the op you would know that it is supposed to be blake not harry potter. No need to criticise his work for something you got wrong.
also your not one to pick faults at peoples work - look at your own.

I did read the opening post, and yet again, I was trying to help him get higher ratings... maybe you should read my posts?
I didnt get it wrong, Im saying maybe he should make it harry potter when I knew it was supposed to be him.
And if only people who were perfect at pixel art could comment on others, this thread would be empty, along with any other on this forum. No ones perfect yea? although its quite clear you think blake is...

Ekalb
26-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Acid, I don't give a damn about ratings. What I am interested in is the words people put into their replies "Good work,but it just didn't do it for me", "I'm not really a fan of the topic but it's okay", "It's not very good for these reasons but it is still nice", "It is my favouritest eva!" etc.

I wanted to make an alt of me, in my hogwarts gear for the hype of hxhog. I didn't say you had to be a perfect pixel artist to give valid CC, I said you had to be good or at least have enough experience. Your CC about it needing a scar and glasses will not at all help me make a better alteration of me in hogwarts gear, it may help make a better alteration of harry potter but I don't care for that right now.

argument cease plz

Roboevil
26-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Okay Sam don't storm in without me, that's just not funny. By the way Blake, I asked for the thread as I'd like a non-biased view anyway, eventhough arguing on the forum isn't allowed. But yeah, prima facie I'd say that Acidulantes, you're evaluating work that isn't there, as oppose to concentrating on what Blake's actually done. It doesn't matter what Blake should add if it means changing the idea of the alt, he's obviously used his self image as oppose to Harry, he's also clearly indicated this. I don't know what has been said on HF, HD or whatever you said but it does seem like you're trying to fight an argument in revenge or whatever Blake might have done.
As of the alt, I'd say that you just need up the contrast of your colours, I've said it before that the lighting would be a little ambient. Although it makes the image look a lot more realistic, it isn't a Habbo style. Also, the projectile speed of the spell doesn't match the stance and power that's coming from your Habbo. I like it though, I'd rep but I already have so I'll leave it.

Acidulantes
26-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Right so people arent listening to what Im saying so Ill just leave it with what blake wants to hear...

It's not very good for these reasons:
Its not harry potter
Hes wearing dark clothes and hes in a dark place so it makes the alteration look flat.
There is no glow coming from the 'spell'

Oh look, basically what I said before...

Papershop
26-01-2007, 02:25 PM
It would look better with a long floor rug as someone suggested.

And how about you post a picture with a low opacity glow around the spell?

Browney
26-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Acid, please stop arguing. Ekalb has agreed to stop and i'm sure Ekalb would much prefer comments rather than arguements and counter arguements.

About the darkness in the alt; It's meant to be dark. It's a dark themed room. Granted, maybe a couple of lighter coloured tiles would help but having a rainbow of colours would ruin the alteration for me.

I'm not sure about the "flatness." I don't think it looks flat at all. But black is a very flat colour already. There's not alot of shading you can do on it to make it look black but still not grey. I've tried. :rolleyes:

The bricks in the wall could be a varied colour so it does'nt look as much of a copy and paste job. It would also add to the stone brick effect. I'm not sure about varying size. I'd experiment with different styles. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

As Mit said, it looks like he's in the stance to blast a massive spell and it seems this wimpy little green strand comes out. But as that's not really a problem for me.

9/10 +Rep

Acidulantes
26-01-2007, 04:25 PM
I wasnt arguing to begin with... I basically said what I said in my last post, but because ofhow I worded it, he thought I was being rude... I never wanted an argument, but since he started being rude to me, who am I to let him be the only one?

Cajak
28-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Just one word...excellent !
No mistakes...no glitches...excellent !!!

11/10 :eusa_clap

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!