View Full Version : I dont know what i want to do with my life

Bouncing
26-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Well as the title says, i dont know what to do with my life, i want to do decide what i want to do with my life. I think I want to be a journalist, but whatever i want to do always comes risks. I want to be a journalist but i know there are risks it's not as easy as it seems, does anyone know anyone i could email and get help from them and they could help me on the topic of journalism or helping me decide what i want to do.
many thanks
anthony

irresistible
26-01-2007, 06:23 PM
um, only you can decide what you want to do, as you'll be doing it.
go see someone from like connexions or w.e

VINTAGE
26-01-2007, 06:24 PM
go into the army i wnt to do that looks well ace and wen u come out u will be loaded and probably be accpeted for any job in reason u get me

Glitter
26-01-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.connexions.gov.uk/

Charlie
If you wanna do journalism, you need the right grades, then you'll probably need to go into further education to get again the right grades and then university maybe? As they could have a course or something for that.

But, i guess you'd need to check connexsions or the local college or something and see if they have anything to do with it.

louder
i dunno what i wanna do either.
go to uni then decide.

Charlie
If you wanna do journalism, you need the right grades, then you'll probably need to go into further education to get again the right grades and then university maybe? As they could have a course or something for that.

But, i guess you'd need to check connexsions or the local college or something and see if they have anything to do with it.

Glitter
26-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I have exactly the same problem. I really don't no what career path to choose. We are doing work experience in May and i haven't even started to write my letter. I'm just going to see what options i get when i get my GCSE results and go from there.
Loads of people know what they want to do straiht away, but tbh how am i supposed to know what i want to do for the rest of my life?
The only advice i can give is.. Go with the flow :)

Casanova
26-01-2007, 06:32 PM
No matter what career path you follow, there will always be risks. Such as footballers with injuring themselves badly, racing drivers possibly crashing, construction workers working with dangerous tools and materials.

Life's fool of dangers, get over it and try your best. Speak to your career's adviser, that's what i done when i felt the same about the same time last year. They'll tell you the practicality's of things, what school grades you need and in what classes, then consider a university or college.

DCeption
26-01-2007, 06:33 PM
The only advice i can give is.. Go with the flow :)[/B]

Thats just stupid :rolleyes: Just becuase other people are doing something, doesnt meen it will be right for you.

Nixt
26-01-2007, 06:33 PM
I have exactly the same problem. I really don't no what career path to choose. We are doing work experience in May and i haven't even started to write my letter. I'm just going to see what options i get when i get my GCSE results and go from there.
Loads of people know what they want to do straiht away, but tbh how am i supposed to know what i want to do for the rest of my life?
The only advice i can give is.. Go with the flow :)

You bring shame to the family! Nah I'm joking ;)

Can I ask how old you are? Because if you're only in like, year nine then you don't need to worry. If you are in year ten/eleven, focus on your GCSEs and then start making the important decisions when it comes to choosing your A Level options.

YoManGo!
26-01-2007, 07:53 PM
I think you should have fun now and worry about it when it's important.

Glitter
26-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Thats just stupid :rolleyes: Just becuase other people are doing something, doesnt meen it will be right for you.

Thats not what i mean. I mean when decide when the time is right. Make decisions when they come around.

Bouncing
27-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Thank you everybody for your nice replys, i shall go on that conextions website or something, im in yr 9 yes haha. But I just like to plan life ahead, i enjoy life, but i dont like childhood you see :P.

cocaine
28-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Take GCSE's that will give you a wide base to work from when you're older if you cant decide now.

Nixt
28-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Thank you everybody for your nice replys, i shall go on that conextions website or something, im in yr 9 yes haha. But I just like to plan life ahead, i enjoy life, but i dont like childhood you see :P.

I had my life planned when I was in year 5 :p but the fact is, it's really not necessary to do that quite yet. Focus on getting good SATs results, take GCSEs that you like (because as long as you get good marks, then you're okay and what you choose doesn't really affect you in later life), then when you reach year eleven, when you start choosing A Levels - start to worry about what you want to do in life.

louder
28-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I had my life planned when I was in year 5 :p but the fact is, it's really not necessary to do that quite yet. Focus on getting good SATs results, take GCSEs that you like (because as long as you get good marks, then you're okay and what you choose doesn't really affect you in later life), then when you reach year eleven, when you start choosing A Levels - start to worry about what you want to do in life.

yer but why bother going through a-levels + everything if your job doesn't even need it.
what if he takes his a-levels + goes onto work at mcdonalds? would have been a waste, lmao.

:Hazel
29-01-2007, 10:10 AM
tbh i dont really know what i want to do but im just going with the flow atm...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!