PDA

View Full Version : Why No Credit?

Biographer
27-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I posted the thread about the staff list being updated, and when the article was posted on the main website, I was not credited.

Why is this?

I posted it on the account "Author" so please credit that account.

Dj_dude007
27-01-2007, 12:52 PM
News Reporters do not have to give credit for things reported on when somebody has posted it in the UK News & Rumours Forum. It is at News Reporters discretion whether they wish to credit the person or not.

6. If someone tells you about news we encourage you to put their name and a thanks from them, but you dont have to.

Adzeh
30-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Not every single piece of news our reporters post is taken from the Habbo News forums, in fact, I don't think many reporters regularly check them, unless they are stuck for topics to post.

We encourage our reporters to look for news on their own, and post reports which they have found the details to themselves, this is what tends to happen a lot of the time.

I think it was me who posted the report you are on about? In any case, I would have got the details from a range of sources, not just forum posts, and put them together into a report. In this case, I would have to credit a number of sources or none at all, so I just didn't bother :).

As Dj_dude says, we do encourage our reporters to credit sources, but it is voluntary.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!