PDA

View Full Version : Best Console?

Rock:Dude
27-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Im pretty sure this has probably been done before, but hey, here goes.
Question: Which is better?
Answer:
A) XBOX 360
B) PS3
C) Nintendo Wii

I personally feel that the Xbox seems to have the edge over the other consoles. Microsoft seem to be a reputable hardware and software company and have produced a good games console, probably the best for online gaming.
The PS3 with its Blu Ray discs and so on is in my opinion also good but lacks appeal due to its similarity to a pile of bricks with an enormous price tag. Also the delay in the UK makes it less of a contender.
The nintendo Wii on the other hand, is a mere novelty from my point of view, although the numchuck sounds funny!

Anyway, enough of my monotonous drivel. I want your opinion. Which is your favourite console? Why? Have I missed a brilliant console?? Tell Mee!

louder
27-01-2007, 09:15 PM
The nintendo Wii on the other hand, is a mere novelty from my point of view, although the numchuck sounds funny!

you sir, deserve one huge slap.
the nintendo wii is far from novelty, it just doesn't have as much prestige as say the xbox 360 or the playstation 3.
nintendo are very under-rated.
the thing is, microsoft + sony are trying nothing new in making the xbox360 and the playstation 3, they're just simply upgrading it.
every console nintedo bring out there's a new main feature.
the xbox has live play as thier main feature in both consoles.
the playstation has graphics as thier main feature in all three consoles.
whats nintendo's main feature in all of thier consoles? they don't have one because they're willing to try something new wiht each console they bring out whether it's a disaster or a sucess.
the wii is by far the best console of the 3 because what are games about? they're about gameplay + the wii has the best gameplay, it's the most lifelike + gets you moving more.
your probably sitting there bad mouthing the wii + don't even own one - well, i own a wii + i play the 360 like every single week at my friends house and the wii is by far better.
so please don't bad mouth the console until you've had a proper play of it.

EDIT; you even said yourself 'the numchuck sounds funny' which means you've only heard things about it, play it - then give your view on it.

27-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Well, I have played a nintendo Wii, and it was a rather good experience, although, after about an hour i seem to have exaughsted the rather limited games variety and my arm is aching really bad.
Microsoft actually seem to be giving gamers the better deal, since although the PS3 has a massive Processor to handle those immense graphics, the 360 actually has 3 processors and one of them is dedicated just to the graphics!!

Youheard
27-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, I have played a nintendo Wii, and it was a rather good experience, although, after about an hour i seem to have exaughsted the rather limited games variety and my arm is aching really bad.
Microsoft actually seem to be giving gamers the better deal, since although the PS3 has a massive Processor to handle those immense graphics, the 360 actually has 3 processors and one of them is dedicated just to the graphics!!

To be honest if your arm hurts after playing a Wii you probably need to do more excersise.

Back to Gnarley's point it's pretty much impossible to form an opinion considering very little/no-one here will have played the PS3 yet.

louder
27-01-2007, 10:20 PM

nintendo aren't about graphics, they're about gameplay + the wii is a fitness training game - thats why on wii sports there's a fitness test and everything.
people forget what consoles are about, they're about gameplay, not graphics!!

To be honest if your arm hurts after playing a Wii you probably need to do more excersise.

Back to Gnarley's point it's pretty much impossible to form an opinion considering very little/no-one here will have played the PS3 yet.

yes but i've read tonnes of reviews, will be the worst console of the three.
it's over-priced for no reason.
all it's upgraded is graphics from the ps2.
so yer, it shouldn't be class as a next-gen console as it's just the ps2 with better graphics + a better dvd player in it "/

Oni
27-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Ive played the Ps3 in london so :P

In my opinion the wii owns because of its unique features and I think it has the widest variety of games. For example all the ports are usually racing/shooting games so nintendo has all of them but also unique games like animal crossing wario ware etc.

Then id say probably the PS3 [Just]. Although it did break down when I played it and its enourmously overpriced the graphics were sweet [although gameplay over graphics]. The thing is overall its probably cheaper than the 360 as the 360s main upoint is online which you have to pay for.

Finally the 360 it isnt the cheapest, it doesnt have the best graphics, its not innovative in anyway but it has the best online [as of yet although i think the wiis will overtake it as it has more applications] and it has the most games [although not really a wide variety]

louder
27-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Ive played the Ps3 in london so :P

In my opinion the wii owns because of its unique features and I think it has the widest variety of games. For example all the ports are usually racing/shooting games so nintendo has all of them but also unique games like animal crossing wario ware etc.

Then id say probably the PS3 [Just]. Although it did break down when I played it and its enourmously overpriced the graphics were sweet [although gameplay over graphics]. The thing is overall its probably cheaper than the 360 as the 360s main upoint is online which you have to pay for.

Finally the 360 it isnt the cheapest, it doesnt have the best graphics, its not innovative in anyway but it has the best online [as of yet although i think the wiis will overtake it as it has more applications] and it has the most games [although not really a wide variety]

ah, i agree with the wii, but i'd switch ps3 + 360.

the 360 has amazing live play and awesome graphics. the live play is definatly the best part, like how you can download stuff for your live account + stuff, it's really great.

and finally ps3 because the reviews do it no justice, but i'll decide for sure when i play it [:

Oni
27-01-2007, 10:33 PM
ah, i agree with the wii, but i'd switch ps3 + 360.

the 360 has amazing live play and awesome graphics. the live play is definatly the best part, like how you can download stuff for your live account + stuff, it's really great.

and finally ps3 because the reviews do it no justice, but i'll decide for sure when i play it [:
PS3s graphics own it
You can do that on the PS3 too
But again its close because all Ps3s games look the same

GommeInc
27-01-2007, 10:47 PM
nintendo aren't about graphics, they're about gameplay + the wii is a fitness training game - thats why on wii sports there's a fitness test and everything.
The the Wii is a fitness training game?! o.O
1. It's a console.
2. It was created to make you intereact more with the game "/
3. Wii Sports is a game where you pretend you're playing against other characters in a range of games. The fitness test is an add-on, to see how fit you are as an adult on Wii Sports "/

People forget what consoles are about, they're about gameplay, not graphics!!
I totally agree. People forget this sort of thing "/

yes but i've read tonnes of reviews, will be the worst console of the three.
it's over-priced for no reason.
all it's upgraded is graphics from the ps2.
so yer, it shouldn't be class as a next-gen console as it's just the ps2 with better graphics + a better dvd player in it "/
It is over-priced because it has Blu-ray technology in, which is worth about £1000 on it's own. Each PS3 sold means Sony lose alot of money per console. Games are suppose to help gain that lost money back.

But I do agree, nothing is different other than it is a PS2 with better graphics , bluetooth controller and blu-ray tech inside.

I vote for Wii, it's different and has brought fun back into gaming :D

ZL2.
27-01-2007, 10:58 PM
360 tbh =].

Russia
27-01-2007, 11:29 PM
the thing is, microsoft + sony are trying nothing new in making the xbox360 and the playstation 3, they're just simply upgrading it.

You deserve a slap

i have a nintendo wii myself and a Gamecube so dont critisize me

The Nes and the SNES are just upgraded
64 And the gamecube was just an upgrade
and the gameboy advance and the gameboy advance sp Whats the diffrents between the sp and the normal advance nothing except it flaps up

Anyway the wii will win its for familey and you dont have aload of buttons too play Meh im playing red steel now and im bloody stuck!

Russia
27-01-2007, 11:31 PM

Ive played one once when i went too america over the christmas term went too eb games and they had one

They suck badly.

Mod please merge The posts coz i double posted

Azul
27-01-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm bound to be abit biased towards the 360 as that is the console I own. I chose the 360 purely because of Xbox Live. Before my 360 I owned and loved my Gamecube along with my PS2.

GommeInc
28-01-2007, 01:50 AM
I wouldn't say that the Gamecube was an upgraded 64? The Gamecubes used a mini-CDs as opposed to cartridges and the controller changed so it has two parts to hold on to, rather than the three. Other than that, it was graphics and even sound.

Jazza
28-01-2007, 02:15 AM
NINTENDO 64 RULES ALL!

louder
28-01-2007, 03:04 AM
You deserve a slap

i have a nintendo wii myself and a Gamecube so dont critisize me

The Nes and the SNES are just upgraded
64 And the gamecube was just an upgrade
and the gameboy advance and the gameboy advance sp Whats the diffrents between the sp and the normal advance nothing except it flaps up

Anyway the wii will win its for familey and you dont have aload of buttons too play Meh im playing red steel now and im bloody stuck!

yes, ninetendo have made upgrades on consoles but they have different types of console.
all of thier consoles are different + have different main features.
but do you see sony with thier different types?
no, the psx, ps2, psp, ps3, they're pretty much all the same.

MrChaz
28-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Im not saying anything bad about the wii, but i have played it.

I did not see what the big deal about it was, i got bored with it rather quickly. Not because i was tired but it was really repeat. If you get that. You cant do much combos with any of the games i find.

FOr me the ps3 has to be amazing, that might be because ive had a Playstation, and a PS2, but oh well.

PS3 ftw.

louder
28-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Im not saying anything bad about the wii, but i have played it.

I did not see what the big deal about it was, i got bored with it rather quickly. Not because i was tired but it was really repeat. If you get that. You cant do much combos with any of the games i find.

FOr me the ps3 has to be amazing, that might be because ive had a Playstation, and a PS2, but oh well.

PS3 ftw.

i've had a psx + a ps2, infact.. i'm currently playing my ps2.
and i preffered the ps2 over the xbox + the gamecube, but tbh, the ps3 won't be very good - not from what i've heard in reviews and stuff anyway.
i still say wii ftw.

Russia
28-01-2007, 11:32 AM
yes, ninetendo have made upgrades on consoles but they have different types of console.
all of thier consoles are different + have different main features.
but do you see sony with thier different types?
no, the psx, ps2, psp, ps3, they're pretty much all the same.
Nes + Snes preety the same

Gameboy colour gameboy advance No diffrence except just abit bigger and smaller catages. or w/e there called

Wayne
28-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I prefer the PS2 and the Wii. Many people will argue that the Wii is rubbish, but that's their opinion. The Wii isn't any normal console, it contains a different atmosphere, hence the movement ability when playing. It's far from similar to any other console, because other consoles have like, serious games like shooting etc, but the Wii has adventure games and is more suitable for a party.
Edit: I like the SNES aswell.

louder
28-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I prefer the PS2 and the Wii. Many people will argue that the Wii is rubbish, but that's their opinion. The Wii isn't any normal console, it contains a different atmosphere, hence the movement ability when playing. It's far from similar to any other console, because other consoles have like, serious games like shooting etc, but the Wii has adventure games and is more suitable for a party.
Edit: I like the SNES aswell.

the wii is far from rubbish - as i've said, it's origional, it just doesn't have enough prestige.
but i guess it's also what kind of game your looking for.
why get a wii if you don't have any friends? lmao.

louder
28-01-2007, 04:34 PM
can't edit previous post.

Nes + Snes preety the same

Gameboy colour gameboy advance No diffrence except just abit bigger and smaller catages. or w/e there called

that's what i'm saying, they do have upgraded consoles like the nes + the snes, and the gamboys but they have different types of console with different main features.
e.g.;
the gameboy + the nes are different.
the gamcube + the wii are different.
the ds + the n64 are different.

but the psx, ps2, ps2 slimline, psp, ps3, they're all the same, where's the different part?
it's just size + upgrades.

PS3s graphics own it
You can do that on the PS3 too
But again its close because all Ps3s games look the same

yes you may be able to do that on the ps3 aswell, but it's not it's main feature + therefore wont be half as good as the xbox's.
like the ps3 also have a motion sensor plug-in that'll be coming out but that wont be half as good as the wii's as it aint thier main feautre.
and the graphics will be better on the ps3 than they are on the 360 because graphics is the playstations main feature.
different compainies focus on different things.
i guess it just depends on what your looking for.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!