PDA

View Full Version : what programs should i use

KyleSmith07
29-01-2007, 06:34 AM
To make an online game

Blinger1
29-01-2007, 06:37 AM
what type of game? I wouldn't bother either as in about 24 hours you will give up ;)

KyleSmith07
29-01-2007, 06:38 AM
I wont im prepared to take this down,

Erm, text mmorpg

Moh
29-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Dont u use flash that rather:
Links to a mysql or a Server?

Craigeh
29-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Lingo, and hmm maybe vb to do your coding on the commands and that.

Hard job, you wont even be able to do it considering your so new to this stuff.

just go download a retro of habbo and edit it in vb to different images and that, its what did.

Unpredictible.
29-01-2007, 09:07 AM
You can't make a game you don't have experience..

your just going to rip peoples work like that 'firescape' onLOL

danny-dylan
29-01-2007, 03:36 PM
although i feel many people on here have had a go at you for trying to do something...in your many threads *rolls eyes*...i think that your ambitions are rather extreme for an 11 year old.

You say you want to make a text based mmorpg however to do this you will need to know advanced html, php, mysql and even javascript for just a basic text mmorpg. Although their are many programs such as dreamweaver that will help you cut corners with coding it is very unlikley that you will be able to code a complete text based game and run it on your own at your age (no offence). You will need days of work to complete it and then after you finish it you will need to work on it everyday to make sure its running smoothly for the players. I won't even mention the costs it will be to keep it running. (it wont support itself to start with or a few years)

If you do really want to make an online game why not start out with a forum based rpg game. That way you can get it up and running within a few days and can see if you really DO have the dedication to run something much bigger!

Just because its forum based does not mean you cannot make it interesting for yourself and others with pictures and new original ideas for the game.

Good luck

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!