PDA

View Full Version : Rare values poll is this right or wrong?

fitcovboy
29-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Well recently we seen the white smoke jump up an incredible 5T from 18T to 23T, all because of one recent trade, it is strange as it was traded for a little over 15T, as per my post in Boxiel's thread a few below, now certain management staff (above the RVR department) think this is fine, as there are only 2 of them and so basically the owners can name their own value. I am not going to name names, but suffice to say this came from the highest level, so as we all know James (Pitch) owns the majority of the info buses, so he could now infact state whatever value he wants them to be! Maybe i should collect purple dragons or purple ICM's, then i can set a price on them, i own a considerable amount of green pillows, does this mean i can now set the value? When i first got involved with the RVR department, which was before i was even staff, i worked hard to sort the values out, to now see them turn like this i feel is wrong. Another thing that was said is that despite the habbox value, people will trade for whatever they want, that is true, because there is no way on this earth a white smoke is going to go for 23T, i wouldnt pay 10T for one and i know many of the people that are a position to buy such items also would not, i told Boxiel after he traded 14T for it from Pitch, that is was not a wise move, but he done ok making a little over 1T profit, Pitch was not stupid enough to buy it, he took it in a bet. So it appears that if you own 50% of something you can name the value, or is this just applicable to the person that bought the white smoke? This brings a whole new side to the rare values, so how do you feel about people being able to name their own value? is it right? or is it wrong?

*Note this is nothing to do with the rare values department, the decision was taken by a higher source*

:Hazel
29-01-2007, 10:12 AM
wrong, people shouldnt be influencing values just because they have ownership of most of the certain type of rare.

fitcovboy
29-01-2007, 10:27 AM
wrong, people shouldnt be influencing values just because they have ownership of most of the certain type of rare.

My sentiments exactly, i would certainly like to see the author of that decision post here to explain why they think letting people name values is a better way.

Rich.Boy
29-01-2007, 04:02 PM
To be honest, i think it is alright.

If I just happened to magically own all the bronze nellys avaliable on the hotel (just an example), then it would be my right to set its value.

Lets just say I go into a rare trade room. I see someone saying - Buying Bronze Nelly for 15 hc. I could then turn to them and say - No you are not, if you want a bronze nelly then you MUST pay 2 thrones for one, because nobody else has them to trade. So in theory, the value WOULD be 2 thrones, as there would be no possible way to get it cheaper.

Therefore for a rare that only two people have (White Smoke for example), If I owned them both (Dream on >:) ) then I would never dream of sticking to the habbox value. I own them so its my decision what i sell them for, and nobody can make me sell them for less than 30 thrones. If you want them you can have them for 30 thrones, but not for anything less. They cant exactly turn and say "Well someone else says theyre selling for 25t" becuse nobody else has one to sell.

Thats just my opinion.

benjamin
29-01-2007, 04:03 PM
no, lol.

you can only dictate the value for it if you have the only item/all the items

it just makes sense?

Energizer
29-01-2007, 04:24 PM
nvm.. but i think it's alright

Wyked
29-01-2007, 05:14 PM
I paid 20t for my purple dragon, is it now worth 20t?

Rcss
29-01-2007, 05:42 PM
My few is ...
You say there 2 white smokes ? well if one was traded around 18t or woteva it was and other one on habbo hasnt been traded for ages your value is out of date so 18t would be the lastest value of trade which makes the value of the item. But then lets say the nxt day someone sold theres at 25t there would have to be a aveage in the middle of the two values

Tristan
29-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Erm... No there wouldn't...
We don't do averages Ross...

Jazza
29-01-2007, 06:36 PM
The owner only has the right to choose the price if they own every single one of the item.

fitcovboy
29-01-2007, 10:50 PM
To be honest, i think it is alright.

If I just happened to magically own all the bronze nellys avaliable on the hotel (just an example), then it would be my right to set its value.

Lets just say I go into a rare trade room. I see someone saying - Buying Bronze Nelly for 15 hc. I could then turn to them and say - No you are not, if you want a bronze nelly then you MUST pay 2 thrones for one, because nobody else has them to trade. So in theory, the value WOULD be 2 thrones, as there would be no possible way to get it cheaper.

Therefore for a rare that only two people have (White Smoke for example), If I owned them both (Dream on >:) ) then I would never dream of sticking to the habbox value. I own them so its my decision what i sell them for, and nobody can make me sell them for less than 30 thrones. If you want them you can have them for 30 thrones, but not for anything less. They cant exactly turn and say "Well someone else says theyre selling for 25t" becuse nobody else has one to sell.

Thats just my opinion.

The point is habbox take values taken from trades that take place, or used to be. At the end of the day, if you owned all of one item, you could demand what you liked, but regardless of this, when habbo's do not pay that price, then you either lower the price or be stuck with the items with the risk of release.

no, lol.

you can only dictate the value for it if you have the only item/all the items

it just makes sense?

They only own one of them.

I paid 20t for my purple dragon, is it now worth 20t?

You also claimed to have paid 23T for the white smoke, which has been proved a false claim, if you paid 20T for a purple dragon you have no trading sense, after all i have seen go for between 7 & 8T per, so maybe they should be 7T!

My few is ...
You say there 2 white smokes ? well if one was traded around 18t or woteva it was and other one on habbo hasnt been traded for ages your value is out of date so 18t would be the lastest value of trade which makes the value of the item. But then lets say the nxt day someone sold theres at 25t there would have to be a aveage in the middle of the two values

It was traded for between 15 & 16T, the other one that nickg has i traded to him months ago for 15T, also the last seller bought it for 14T and yet the GUIDE price is 23T :s

The owner only has the right to choose the price if they own every single one of the item.

Yes you can demand what you want, it still does not take the value of what they were traded to the person that owns all of them for, it also would not affect what habbo's are prepaired to pay, what habbo is going to pay 23T for a white smoke .... hands up ... dont be shy.

Wyked
29-01-2007, 11:39 PM
You also claimed to have paid 23T for the white smoke, which has been proved a false claim, if you paid 20T for a purple dragon you have no trading sense, after all i have seen go for between 7 & 8T per, so maybe they should be 7T!

I've already been offered 27t for it, now who's the one with no trading sense.

Boxiel
30-01-2007, 08:06 AM
I've already been offered 27t for it, now who's the one with no trading sense.
Proof?

Wyked
30-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Proof?

Ask Hachette if you see him

fitcovboy
30-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Ask Hachette if you see him

I have known Hatchette for enough time on different accounts he has had .... one thing to say your full of ****! If you paid 15T 11 hc for summat and get offered over 10T profit as if you would not take it, but yeah sure i will ask Hatchette when i am on msn. Why did he change to that account again ..... lmao. Hatchette has not used that account for nearly a year, check it out for yourself last login 02/02/2006 20:24:23. Further proof of your dishonesty!

Not the most honest person are we now .... paid 23T for a WSM & 20T for a purple dragon yeah ok, oh yeah not forgetting you got offered 27T for the WSM by a habbo that has not been on for a year looool, play habbo dont live it and as for playing the values .... you may fool some but no way your fooling me!

Wyked
30-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I meant I have been offered 27t for the purple dragon, and also...

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6568/harryeg7.png

Last time I checked, that date isn't a year ago, or anywhere near

Kaytti
30-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Look, the white smoke thing, we report on what we see. And thats that.

e5.
31-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Well, habbox is a guide and is some of the time purely based on opinion. If someone owns a rare or multiple of the same rare, they can then set themselves a price at what they want to sell it at. Now I don't know if im muddled with this but anyway.

Habbox IS a guide it's not a god (as peopel say) and therefore people can make there own values, and no just becuase one person says thats the value becuase they traded it for that doesn't make it. If the majority of people trade for the same value than that rare can be considered at that price.
But no if the person owns the furni has the right to name there own price!

If say they owned all the purple dragons on habbo they can make there own price as people will be looking to buy them at other prices. Anyone can have any furniture, and they can choose there own price for it. but they cannot exactly go and make the value official as basically all values are based on opinions and what they think the item is worth, irrespectible of if they own all the furni.

I may have say 4 mochas, I could price them at what I think it worth it in my OPINION, they won't neccesserily sell for that but its what they are worth to me. ;)

OPNIONS. or the possibility of them deciding they will go with the price they see, still opinion I guess.

ThisNameWillDo!
31-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I think the owner has the right to choose the amount they wish to sell for.

Wyked
31-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I have known Hatchette for enough time on different accounts he has had .... one thing to say your full of ****! If you paid 15T 11 hc for summat and get offered over 10T profit as if you would not take it, but yeah sure i will ask Hatchette when i am on msn. Why did he change to that account again ..... lmao. Hatchette has not used that account for nearly a year, check it out for yourself last login 02/02/2006 20:24:23. Further proof of your dishonesty!

Not the most honest person are we now .... paid 23T for a WSM & 20T for a purple dragon yeah ok, oh yeah not forgetting you got offered 27T for the WSM by a habbo that has not been on for a year looool, play habbo dont live it and as for playing the values .... you may fool some but no way your fooling me!

only just noticed, what was up with you making another account just to -rep me ?

Boxiel
01-02-2007, 08:09 AM
only just noticed, what was up with you making another account just to -rep me ?

Fitcovboy Isnt like that. Sorry.

Exsert
01-02-2007, 07:33 PM
The owner of the item should sell the item for whatever they feel is best

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!