PDA

View Full Version : Web Design

dabigking
31-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Right, I wanna become a good web designer, maybe even sell layouts one day, i know alot of HTML and a bit of PHP, I was wondering, if i wanna become a better web designer, what other type of codes and stuff is it useful to understand, or know.

F32
31-01-2007, 07:47 PM
xHTML & CSS

Et Viola.

Frog!
31-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Flash? (You said web designer)

F32
31-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Nope.

Not-needed.

dabigking
31-01-2007, 07:50 PM
xHTML & CSS

Et Viola.

Already Know Css, Forgot to add, XHTML - THNX, i'll research

First i need flash :(

F32
31-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Don't be confused.

I don't like people with 100% flash 'layouts' because it's not a layout, it's an interface really.

RNelson
31-01-2007, 07:55 PM
To become a webdesigner, you need good knowledge of colors :P and great spacing of boxes or w.e :)

Frog!
31-01-2007, 08:09 PM
When i said flash, i meant like little bits of flash on the site?
Not fully made out of flash it looks... "odd"

Oni
31-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree flash, it spices up a site a bit. I mean if you look at a site for example template monster nearly all the templates are done on flash as they are alot more exciting. Adam flash is as much of a real website as something like html or php.

Mentor
31-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Well tbh html / css are the basics, and you dont nessarly need anything more than that. Maybe xhtml which doesnt really need learnings, its pretty much exsactly the same as normal html with a / in unclosed tags and lower case.

Stuff thats useful to know imo are:
Javascript, dhtml and ajax techniques are new and snazzy.
Php/mysql a good solid sever side language.
Flash/actionscipt is becomeing increaingly useful.
Ruby on rails is increasingly popular (ive never tryed)

Asp / vbscript maybe?

Put simply, the more you know the better, although none are essental. Web design is more about creativly and the abilty to create an aesticly appealing layout "/

On the flash note: Flash done Right = site looks incrediable. Flash done wrong = site looks abosulty ****.

You dont really get an imbetween, so attemping full flash layouts isnt an easy option.

Invent
31-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Most of the flash layouts that are posted on here are a waste of time. You can make a better site in less time using just html/css. I advise you not to learn Flash yet, but maybe later in life.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!