PDA

View Full Version : How did accents come around?

-Wolverine
01-02-2007, 01:35 AM
How come people in different places have different accents, and how did they come around in the early years? Like, a British person has a completely different accent as an American, yet they both speak English..

Just something i've always wanted to know..

RedStratocas
01-02-2007, 01:42 AM
It's just changes over time, and slang arises in different areas. You can even see it in normal life, like how come kids of a certain stereotype talk a different way than those of another? Its like that, but on a much larger scale.

summer
01-02-2007, 08:11 AM
i don't know, but it's weird when you think about it..

clarissa !!
01-02-2007, 08:18 AM
It's just changes over time, and slang arises in different areas. You can even see it in normal life, like how come kids of a certain stereotype talk a different way than those of another? Its like that, but on a much larger scale.
splat.

Edited by Italic (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

e5.
01-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Good question, shame I have no idea. I guess people just started talking weird *cough i mean differently) lol soz no offence || and it just went from there ;) I guess they were just testing out different ways to speak so prob was classed as a bit weird at first, but nowadays.... is NOT ;)

Thanks, EJW

:Hazel
01-02-2007, 10:08 AM
its weird, different parts of the UK people sound totally different, good question but not one i have the answer too. :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!