PDA

View Full Version : Running out of petrol...

Seacat
01-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Anyone ever ran out of petrol? I did today and it was horrible :p

I got assigned to do this primary school thing where I go to a primary school once a week and help the kids read (Yrs 3-4). I start it next week so I got my mate to come in the car with me to show me where it was (cos I've never been there before).

Anyway the school is round some Country lanes so I was driving round them and we got to the school and set off back (about 8 mile away). I went round a corner and suddenly... a loss of power in the car altogethor :o I lowered through the gears and then the car just cut out!!! :'(

My mate had to be back in school within 20 mins to do lunch duty so we were in major trouble, especially on a bend in a country road with people flying round at 70MPH. Eventually I got it started and just headed towards school keeping revs low and coasting down hills/round corners. I got there and it cut out just as I was parking up - Quite lucky :p

Anyway I got it sorted. After my mate had finished lunch duty he took me up to the nearest petrol station in his car (I'd of never made it up in mine, it's a 2 mile long steep hill). I had to get a petrol cannister at £4.50!! (the man in the petrol station just laughed at me when I asked whether I could buy a bottle of Dr. Pepper, empty it and use that to fill up). I didn't have much money on me so my mate bought me the petrol cannister which left me with £2.37 to put fuel in, which at least got me home from school and to another petrol station :p

Anything like this ever happened to any one else? Lesson learned: always check you've got enough petrol :P

Ashhizzle
01-02-2007, 08:53 PM
We didthat and blocked up the whole of asda car park, WAS WELL FUNNY!

shank
02-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Anyone ever ran out of petrol? I did today and it was horrible :p

I got assigned to do this primary school thing where I go to a primary school once a week and help the kids read (Yrs 3-4). I start it next week so I got my mate to come in the car with me to show me where it was (cos I've never been there before).

Anyway the school is round some Country lanes so I was driving round them and we got to the school and set off back (about 8 mile away). I went round a corner and suddenly... a loss of power in the car altogethor :o I lowered through the gears and then the car just cut out!!! :'(

My mate had to be back in school within 20 mins to do lunch duty so we were in major trouble, especially on a bend in a country road with people flying round at 70MPH. Eventually I got it started and just headed towards school keeping revs low and coasting down hills/round corners. I got there and it cut out just as I was parking up - Quite lucky :p

Anyway I got it sorted. After my mate had finished lunch duty he took me up to the nearest petrol station in his car (I'd of never made it up in mine, it's a 2 mile long steep hill). I had to get a petrol cannister at £4.50!! (the man in the petrol station just laughed at me when I asked whether I could buy a bottle of Dr. Pepper, empty it and use that to fill up). I didn't have much money on me so my mate bought me the petrol cannister which left me with £2.37 to put fuel in, which at least got me home from school and to another petrol station :p

Anything like this ever happened to any one else? Lesson learned: always check you've got enough petrol :P

£4.50 is nothing tbh..

Seacat
02-02-2007, 07:32 AM
tis when you only have £2.37 on you :p

£4.50 is nothing tbh..

Lycan
02-02-2007, 08:20 AM
its better tho when the driver doesn't relise that its lack of petrol thats stopped the car and even funnyier when he doesn't realise that the car engine has even stopped...
being in the passenger seat while your friend claims that all cars are out to get him and that ford hate him and want him dead because there is nothing wrong with the car... just makes a college day go so much better...

except when have to push the goddam car to the nearest station

:Hazel
02-02-2007, 10:15 AM
hahaha oh dear. it hasnt happened to me yet but then ive only been driving 6 months. i'll remember that one ;)

Bef
02-02-2007, 10:23 AM
I have no car to put petrol in ;[ My mate did before when we were about 2 mins away from the nearest gas station (we were on our way there) And we got some random guys off the street to push it there for us.

DiscoPat
02-02-2007, 05:34 PM
lol, happend to me and my dad, we were on our way to the tesco petrol station and it just stoped like 2 min away, so I had to push it lol :(

RSTurbo
02-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Haha,
Well i was with my mum and we ran out of petrol on the duel carradge way and we luckly got into the lay by and we waited 2 hours just for the repair man to toe us to the petrol station PMSL Thats was funny

GommeInc
02-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I've never had that :P I get paranoid with 2 blips out of 8 left...

Digital
03-02-2007, 01:26 PM
My mam was using my dads car once and the petrol gage didn't work so she alway got out and check the tank every so often but it never ran out, sorry to hear about that Seacat I would have used the pop bottle to refill :P

summer
03-02-2007, 01:53 PM
aw unlucky. can't say i've ever experienced it.

-Soph-
06-02-2007, 10:15 PM
rofl yes, when I was with my uncle. on the bypass..

Kardan
06-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Nope, not happened to me...

Yet.

Metric.
06-02-2007, 11:48 PM
That happened to me, it was tragic.

It wasn't really my fault but I should have known I needed gas.

I trip my odo back to zero every time I fill up with gas, and I could usually get 400MI per tank and the gas guage was showing full and I was like kk thnx mom for da gas so I was driving and then all the dash lights came on so I managed to pull over and then the car died and I was like NOOOOOOO.

I don't miss like the 13-15mpg HIGHWAY.

Shawnstra
16-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Aww bad luck. Lol, I would just buy the Dr Pepper and Fillerup (sp) !

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!