PDA

View Full Version : RS Scammers Guilt.

Neil
11-04-2005, 03:54 PM
One Day I Was On Habbo Minding My Own Bussiness When A MSN Window Popped Up From My Friend Who Plays RuneScape, She Told Me That A Boy Had Killed Himself Because Somebody Scammed His White Party Hat, She Had Found Out From Some Post On The Forum On Www.RuneScape.com (http://www.runescape.com/) Where SOmeone Was Trying To Sell A White Party Hat People Where Acusing This Person Of Scamming A Young Boy On RuneScape, There Was Lots Of Verble Abuse Going Towards The Person Resonsible, The Person That Started It Seemed To Know The Boy In Real Life. The Post That This Was On Is No Longer There But It Is True, Even A Runescape MOD Posted about It, One Scammer Took A Young Persons Life Over A Game Now He Has To Live With It For The Rest Of His Life I Can't Remember Exactly But I Think The Scammers Name Was *** And The Person He Scammed Was Strosk Or Something, Thank You For Reading.
** The scamme'rs name has been removed

*.Glitter.Rip.*
11-04-2005, 04:03 PM
One Day I Was On Habbo Minding My Own Bussiness When A MSN Window Popped Up From My Friend Who Plays RuneScape, She Told Me That A Boy Had Killed Himself Because Somebody Scammed His White Party Hat, She Had Found Out From Some Post On The Forum On Www.RuneScape.com Where SOmeone Was Trying To Sell A White Party Hat People Where Acusing This Person Of Scamming A Young Boy On RuneScape, There Was Lots Of Verble Abuse Going Towards The Person Resonsible, The Person That Started It Seemed To Know The Boy In Real Life. The Post That This Was On Is No Longer There But It Is True, Even A Runescape MOD Posted about It, One Scammer Took A Young Persons Life Over A Game Now He Has To Live With It For The Rest Of His Life I Can't Remember Exactly But I Think The Scammers Name Was Mr_Slay And The Person He Scammed Was Strosk Or Something, Thank You For Reading.
I dont believe that story. Honestly thats pathetic.

Neil
11-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Don't Believe It Then, But It Is True.

*.Glitter.Rip.*
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Don't Believe It Then, But It Is True.
How can you believe its true? If you've never met this person then how would you know? Only by runescape and email or news but it might be true for killing himself but for losing his hat? it would of been more reasons for that.

Neil
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Maybe There Was More Reasons, But It Was Posted On A Thread On RuneScape's Own Forum That He Was Scammed Out Of It And Killed Himself The Person That Started It All Might Not Have Known If There Was Another Reason But People That Saw The Thread Would Know I'm Not Making This Up.

BlueTails
11-04-2005, 04:15 PM
well if its true, then the scammer should be the one whos dead

Neil
11-04-2005, 04:20 PM
well if its true, then the scammer should be the one whos dead
Very True, He Should Be Banned From RuneScape For Scamming And Ending The Life Of An Innocent Person, He Is Really A Killer, Ending Someones Life For His Own Sick Selfishness.

Mentor
11-04-2005, 04:50 PM
im seriso opion is if someone would kill themslevs over some **** on habbo or rune scape they had no life to loose to start with.
plus it soudns like all of those stupid msn chain letters, exsept slightly more pathetic

PS2.
11-04-2005, 05:53 PM
both of the people have issues, one scamming someones party hat, and the other killing himself over a pixelated hat.

Jinxxed
11-04-2005, 05:56 PM
both of the people have issues, one scamming someones party hat, and the other killing himself over a pixelated hat.
I totally agree.

BlueTails
11-04-2005, 06:39 PM

Yeah Its Sad, But The Person Still Died, And Shud'nt Have

Mentor
11-04-2005, 06:59 PM
sounds like a pathetic msn chain letter. I am very doubtful that someone killed themslevs over a hat, and if they did theyed probly have, then even if the hat hadnet been stolen theyed probly killed themslevs becuse they acidnetsly droped a crumb on there carpet, or a cat meowed at them.

ps. what is scamming on rune scape, its not like u pay fro the stuff with real money, and u loose stuff every time u get killed for eg in the wildabness. so u losing stuf fthe whole game :/

Dave,
11-04-2005, 07:03 PM
If this story was true don't you think it would have made the media? It's just rumours going around that the weak minded believe.

BlueTails
11-04-2005, 07:03 PM
well you lose the hard work tho

Dave,
11-04-2005, 07:08 PM
well you lose the hard work tho

Same as if you died in the wilderness. The story is fake and to start putting the blame on another person because they are selling the same object is pathetic.

Neil
11-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Well If You All Gonna Be Like This Then You Should Actually Think That The Story Could Be True, I Don't Know I'm Just Saying That I Saw It On The Forum I Would Of Posted What It Said But The Post Was Removed And Only Showed Up To The 10th But If It Is True Then The Scammer Has Broken Rules And The Victim Ended His Life Because Of It, Insted Of Insulting Him Then Maybe You Should Take Time To Respect Him For Dying, How Would You Like It If You Killed Yourself For A Stupid Reason And All People Ever Did Was Insult You?

Dave,
11-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Well If You All Gonna Be Like This Then You Should Actually Think That The Story Could Be True, I Don't Know I'm Just Saying That I Saw It On The Forum I Would Of Posted What It Said But The Post Was Removed And Only Showed Up To The 10th But If It Is True Then The Scammer Has Broken Rules And The Victim Ended His Life Because Of It, Insted Of Insulting Him Then Maybe You Should Take Time To Respect Him For Dying, How Would You Like It If You Killed Yourself For A Stupid Reason And All People Ever Did Was Insult You?

The story isn't even true so how can we respect a dead person that isn't even dead.

Bloodkanekiller
11-04-2005, 07:53 PM
it should be on news

Neil
11-04-2005, 08:07 PM
The story isn't even true so how can we respect a dead person that isn't even dead.
You Don't Know That Do You? It Could Be True So How Can You Say It Isn't Your Saying This But For All You Know It Could very Well Be True And You Are SAying It Isn't.

Dave,
11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
You Don't Know That Do You? It Could Be True So How Can You Say It Isn't Your Saying This But For All You Know It Could very Well Be True And You Are SAying It Isn't.

It sounds made up. also it is just as much false as it is true.

Mentor
11-04-2005, 08:10 PM
1. rune scape, is a game whoch requires a brain, so scamming is perfectly good, you work you sell, you loose you gain. its not like on habbo where u buy set stuff.
people may drop stuff tahst worth tones, just to get mroe invertory space. others can pic it up if they wish, when im fishing, i catsh a whoel inventory, cook, it, and just giev it away 2 anyone who wanst it cuz im just leveling up.

Plus as has been said it would have made teh media if its true. and even if it were, to me it doesnt change how pathetic it is.

Baulege
11-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I liked that hat!....

Neil
11-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I liked that hat!....
What Are You Talking About?

Baulege
11-04-2005, 08:19 PM
What Are You Talking About?

I'm making another crrappyyy rumour like this one... problem?

Neil
11-04-2005, 08:27 PM
You Lot Are About As Selfish As The Scammer, All You Believe Is This Is A Rumor You Just Don't See A Slight Possiblity That It Could Be True If I Was You I Wouldn't Be Making A Joke About It, All You Guys Seem To Think Is "Oh It's Just A Lie Or A Rumor It Don't Matter No One Died" Well Someone Might Of Died I Don't Know If It's True But You Need To Try Feel Sorry, Some People Are That Dedicated To A Game He Probably Spent Alot Of Time Trying To Get That And Someone Took It Away Unfairly To Gain An Advantage.

Baulege
11-04-2005, 08:33 PM
You Lot Are About As Selfish As The Scammer, All You Believe Is This Is A Rumor You Just Don't See A Slight Possiblity That It Could Be True If I Was You I Wouldn't Be Making A Joke About It, All You Guys Seem To Think Is "Oh It's Just A Lie Or A Rumor It Don't Matter No One Died" Well Someone Might Of Died I Don't Know If It's True But You Need To Try Feel Sorry, Some People Are That Dedicated To A Game He Probably Spent Alot Of Time Trying To Get That And Someone Took It Away Unfairly To Gain An Advantage.

Why do you talk with every word a capital? Pathetic really...

Mentor
11-04-2005, 10:07 PM
If you dont like the game dont play it. The game is about witt, scamming is a part of it. Its nothing like habbo, as the way the game works, its an rpg, not a chat room / community.
If you fight and loose you will loose stuff, you just got to get it back or get a new one. Same with everything in it.

I get about 30 messages aday about someone dieing for some reason, and there all just a varition of the same message, exscatly like this one.
If spomeone were gona comit suside ofver some stupid item theyed have done it anyway becuse they thogh a plant leaned away from them, or rain drop fell on them

St.Anger999
12-04-2005, 12:49 AM
how idiotic can u get killing your self over i fun game maybe give it up for a while but kill yourself?!?!?!?!?!?! you have to deal with these things i saw someone get scammed of full rune trim and he was mad but never went that crazy

Evil
12-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Dats sad :( the scammer needs to scam 2 b able 2 play a game and it might have taken a persons life if i knew dat scammers name i would get a bunch of friends and we would go own him :@ dat is y runescape needs more MOD's

Mentor
12-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Dats sad :( the scammer needs to scam 2 b able 2 play a game and it might have taken a persons life if i knew dat scammers name i would get a bunch of friends and we would go own him :@ dat is y runescape needs more MOD's
Does anyone actaly get the game of rune scape. Its NOT a chat room. Its NOT a community. It is and RPG. scamming isnt scamming, its outsmartings someone and PART of the game. If you dont like the game dont play it.

Neil
12-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Does anyone actaly get the game of rune scape. Its NOT a chat room. Its NOT a community. It is and RPG. scamming isnt scamming, its outsmartings someone and PART of the game. If you dont like the game dont play it.
Yes, But The Rules Still Apply Scamming Is Gaining An Unfair Advantage In the Game And It's Not Allowed Habbo Is A Chatroom You Don't Need To Buy Stuff On It You Just Do If You Get Scammed Then It Is More Important Than RS But It's Still Hard Work Put In To It I Quit RS Cause I Got Bored Now Get A Life And Stop Being So Selfish.

Mentor
12-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Yes, But The Rules Still Apply Scamming Is Gaining An Unfair Advantage In the Game And It's Not Allowed Habbo Is A Chatroom You Don't Need To Buy Stuff On It You Just Do If You Get Scammed Then It Is More Important Than RS But It's Still Hard Work Put In To It I Quit RS Cause I Got Bored Now Get A Life And Stop Being So Selfish.
You have nevre ever played a stratergy game before have you. scamming getting the advnatage, is part of the game. its why the game is enjorible, outsmarting your opponent. yes opponent, the game is a rpg, not a chat room, the other members are your opponents or your allie's. thats what the game is.
The advantge isnt anymore unfare than someone being a higher level than u or anything else.

good thing you quit, the idea of a game like runescape, seems to supas what you can comprehend. maybe snap would be more sutable.

Clo
13-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Why do you talk with every word a capital? Pathetic really...

Because he wants to.. nothing to do with you really lol ;l You must be the pathetic one, picking on someone for something like that..
And i find that really sad about the boy :( But why would you kill yourself over a pixelated hat :s x

Mentor
14-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Its a chain letter. its one of the most oviosly fake one ive seen to date. Are some of you realy that gulable. The media is targeting infmtaition of this nature contantly at the moment to build a negitve net interaction story, do u not think they may have picked up on it if it were true. Its in a classic spam / chain mail format. Its comes over msn, where most this stuff lives anyway.

PS2.
14-04-2005, 01:56 PM
like I said before, both of those ppl have issues

:kader
14-04-2005, 06:41 PM
One Day I Was On Habbo Minding My Own Bussiness When A MSN Window Popped Up From My Friend Who Plays RuneScape, She Told Me That A Boy Had Killed Himself Because Somebody Scammed His White Party Hat, She Had Found Out From Some Post On The Forum On Www.RuneScape.com (http://www.runescape.com/) Where SOmeone Was Trying To Sell A White Party Hat People Where Acusing This Person Of Scamming A Young Boy On RuneScape, There Was Lots Of Verble Abuse Going Towards The Person Resonsible, The Person That Started It Seemed To Know The Boy In Real Life. The Post That This Was On Is No Longer There But It Is True, Even A Runescape MOD Posted about It, One Scammer Took A Young Persons Life Over A Game Now He Has To Live With It For The Rest Of His Life I Can't Remember Exactly But I Think The Scammers Name Was *** And The Person He Scammed Was Strosk Or Something, Thank You For Reading.
** The scamme'rs name has been removed

Can't he just make bowstrings or summin' it's not that much of a big deal?

al123
14-04-2005, 07:17 PM

thats just down right crazy! :rolleyes:

IzzitIzzit
16-04-2005, 05:31 PM
THIS IS TRUE! It was posted on DI's (damage incorporated) boards.. The guy knew a Jagex mod in real life, and he was the one who posted it. Trust me guys, it's true.

mousemutant
25-04-2005, 07:39 PM
If it is true then yes, we are the human race and we are complete b*rst*rds to each other... Maybe we all should have stayed as monkeys and not evolved =) But as thingy said it's probably chain mail. So many dramatic stories are... It's quite sad realleh =( :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!