PDA

View Full Version : eBay Items Selling Prices Advice

Wayne
02-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Okay, I need a slight bit of help. I've been clearing out my PC desk and draws recently and have stumbled over some old PC games which I have only played on maybe three times maximum like, 3-5 years ago. I'm planning on selling them on eBay and need a starting price for each of them. How much do you think I should start the bids at for them on eBay? They're all in good, running condition and all have original cases with them.

House Of The Dead
House Of The Dead II
Secret Service
The Sims Triple Deluxe Expansion Pack
Alcatraz Prison Escape
Lego Island
Double Top Deluxe (Darts)
World Championship Snooker 2003
Soldier Of Fortune: Special Edition
Hitman: Codename 47
Thief: The Dark Project
Thief II: The Metal Age
Cluedo: Murder at Blackwell Grange

All advice and prices that people recommend will be awarded with reputation.

2hd.
02-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Most of them just £0.99 apart from Sims which should be £10

DJ-Precocious
02-02-2007, 09:53 PM
House Of The Dead : cant really comment but i would say £3
House Of The Dead II : £4
Secret Service : not heard of it sorry :S
The Sims Triple Deluxe Expansion Pack : £8 pounds (classic game loved it and still have it lol)
Alcatraz Prison Escape : not heard of it sorry
Lego Island : £5 (great fun for kids so advertise as a learning experience for kids and you might get more lol)
Double Top Deluxe (Darts) : £3
World Championship Snooker 2003 : £4
Soldier Of Fortune: Special Edition : £6

If you want me to expand on why i priced them like that then ask :D (most of those are what i would say you could put as buy it now) Really you should start most of them at about a pound or two, if you want them to be auctioned.

Sorry I didnt know all of them though. Hope this helps :P

Wayne
02-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Most of them just £0.99 apart from Sims which should be £10

Yeah I was thinking around £1.00 for them each and a little dearer for Sims. I bought it for £30, so I'm losing out on a lot, but I probz won't get higher than £10. (+rep thanks ;))

Edit: DJ - Thanks for those suggestions. Hopefully they will go that high. ;) +Rep

DJ-Precocious
02-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah I was thinking around £1.00 for them each and a little dearer for Sims. I bought it for £30, so I'm losing out on a lot, but I probz won't get higher than £10. (+rep thanks ;))

Edit: DJ - Thanks for those suggestions. Hopefully they will go that high. ;) +Rep

thanks thats what i would pay for most of them lol :D

Happy bidding, btw if you like vintage music memorabilia or Records then PM me lol cos im selling :p

Wayne
02-02-2007, 10:01 PM
thanks thats what i would pay for most of them lol :D

Happy bidding, btw if you like vintage music memorabilia or Records then PM me lol cos im selling :p

Lmao, thanks. I like old music but I don't really buy music anymore.

Note: Just found three more games. ;) If you don't mind saying how much these might be.

Hitman: Codename 47
Thief: The Dark Project
Thief II: The Metal Age
Cluedo: Murder at Blackwell Grange

DJ-Precocious
02-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Hitman: Codename 47 (start at £1)
Thief: The Dark Project ( start at £1)
Thief II: The Metal Age (start at £2)
Cluedo: Murder at Blackwell Grange (definatley start at £1) lol

Hope that helps aswell, although Hitman is a classic game and i love all of them There are so many selling on ebay that you might not get much for it.

Nemo
02-02-2007, 10:22 PM
ye £1/£2 for all of em cept sims which is like £10 but could if ur lucky could go for £15 :D

Wayne
02-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks minime ;) (+rep) and thanks again DJ :P

NekkLe
03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Makesure (if) they have a CD key, that you haven't registered them, unless there pretty much worthless.

Papershop
03-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Theres no point starting them all off at high prices. Start them at 0.99p. This way it gets people intrested and you are saving money on the ebay fees at the same time. Good luck

piddle2k6
03-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Oh ill give you a link to a guy on habbox who might be interested : he has a really old computer :) http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=306687 you can sort it out between yourselves :)

Wayne
03-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Makesure (if) they have a CD key, that you haven't registered them, unless there pretty much worthless.

None of them are registered.

Theres no point starting them all off at high prices. Start them at 0.99p. This way it gets people intrested and you are saving money on the ebay fees at the same time. Good luck

Yes, but I don't want to sell them for like, £1.20 each when I could get a bit more. I will most probably start some of the games at £1.00. Thanks for the good luck. ;)

Oh ill give you a link to a guy on habbox who might be interested : he has a really old computer :) http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=306687 you can sort it out between yourselves :)

Thanks a lot. I've messaged him.

Any other price ranges anybody?

Jam
04-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Buy It Now £3 On All (Except Sims) Or Best Offer

And On Sims Buy It Now £10 Or Best Offer :)

Or Whole Collection Of PC Games £25-£30

Wayne
04-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Buy It Now £3 On All (Except Sims) Or Best Offer

And On Sims Buy It Now £10 Or Best Offer :)

Or Whole Collection Of PC Games £25-£30

Yeah seems a good idea to sell as a whole. But if somebody has like, 3 already out of the amount I'm selling, they won't bid. I'll probz put around £3 on buy it now on them all but £10-£15 on Sims Triple Deluxe. Thanks +rep.

Papershop
05-02-2007, 11:56 AM
People are willing to pay what the game is worth. If theres only a few bids, then its obvious no one wants it. By starting off at 3.00 or whatever, you are limiting the market for your goods. Just because you start low, doesnt mean you will end low, and its also costeffictive. So say you sell a game for 20p than what u wud have done if you started it at 0.99, you are still going to have to pay more than 20p in terms of auction fees

Neil
05-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Best bet is too look up other auctions for the games, see the average price they are going for then put it slightly less, say if Thief was going for £2 put it as £1.50, more interest will be bought to yours because it's cheaper

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!