PDA

View Full Version : modern day miracles

Dan2nd
04-02-2007, 03:22 PM
While searching the internet I came across a couple of stories about Modern day miracles

heres the first:

There was an atheist couple who had a child. The couple never told their daughter anything about the Lord. One night when the little girl was 5 years old, the parents fought with each other and the dad shot the Mom, right in front of the child. Then, the dad shot himself. The little girl watched it all. She then was sent to a foster home. The foster mother was a Christian and took the child to church. On the first day of Sunday School, the foster mother told the teacher that the girl had never heard of Jesus, and to have patience with her. The teacher held up a picture of Jesus and said, "Does anyone know who this is?" The little girl said, "I do, that's the man who was holding me the night my parents died."

heres the second:

A young man who had been raised as an atheist was training to be an Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his life came from his outspoken Christian friend. The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often. One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by. The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and as he turned is back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. The shadow of his body, was in the shape of a cross. Seeing that image created such an unusual and strong response that instead of diving, he knelt down and finally asked God to come into his life. As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in and turned the lights on. The pool had been drained for repairs.

Heres my question to you what is your opinion on modern day religious miracles?

Brody
04-02-2007, 03:31 PM
quite odd and lucky

OMGitsaROSS
04-02-2007, 03:36 PM
1: Wierd
2: Bloody lucky.

Nixt
04-02-2007, 03:39 PM
My teacher who is a devout Christian has told me lots of stories like this, and I must admit that they are very, very weird.

Mentor
04-02-2007, 04:25 PM
While searching the internet I came across a couple of stories about Modern day miracles

heres the first:

heres the second:

Heres my question to you what is your opinion on modern day religious miracles?

Well the main problem with them, is theres absoulty no evidance or reason to belive there true, and not complete fiction to start with.
Secondly, historians have proved Jesus didnt even come close to resembling the classic image people repreisent him with, he wasnt even white?

cocaine
04-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I think them stories are made up..

Unless they are already made up.

DiscoPat
04-02-2007, 05:18 PM
It's really hard because, if it gets proven; it will be science because religion is all about belief and science is all proven right etc, I personally think it could be true but ugh I dunoo, lets just say I kind of believe it..?

BL!NKEY
04-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I believe those two stories just as much as I believe that if you dont re post those myspace bullatins an evil monster will come into your room at 12 and kill you and your family.

lAdmire
27-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Wow. That's interesting. I actually do believe in God && it's pretty interesting reading that. Wow.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!