PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

Buggy
12-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Why cant we have the [img] tags turned on for the signatures? And the avatar sizes are a bit daft too, there not big enough to use my normal avatars from other forums. :s

Mr.Kylee
12-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Because if we'd had Images in signatures it would cause so much lag. Big pictures etc.

Crying-Angel
12-04-2005, 05:15 PM
also the size for avatars on this forum is so that you are able to put a picture of your habbe up, but yest i agree that they could do with changing them to a normal forum av size.

Max
12-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Because if we'd had Images in signatures it would cause so much lag. Big pictures etc.
No it really wouldn't, thats all bs..:s
I know a forum with over 6000 members with all avatars and images in signatures, It does NOT lag!

Same as the word filter and all the other strict rules here.. :s

Crying-Angel
12-04-2005, 05:27 PM
I know a forum with over 6000 members with all avatars and images in signatures, It does NOT lag!

pictures can also be hard to moderate, just think what sort of things could end up on here (and it would be everywhere until a mod or admin see it), this is supposed to be a safe site for everyone we should keep it that way.

Max
12-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Omg!?
We aint little children anymore!? Like we have never seen a picture of a naked woman before? Habbo and Habbox treats us like little children, fgs habbo is meant for teenagers why cant we say sex? Its fbs!!

Ofcourse you don't want any sexual pics on the forum, but preventing everyone of saying there name or posting a picture of themself is stupid.
Why would we be unsafe if we see a picture?

Dave,
12-04-2005, 05:39 PM
You can hire new mods to sort out all the new pics added. It isn't hard, plus not many people would put offensive stuff in their sigs.

Mr.Kylee
12-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Omg!?
We aint little children anymore!? Like we have never seen a picture of a naked woman before? Habbo and Habbox treats us like little children, fgs habbo is meant for teenagers why cant we say sex? Its fbs!!

Ofcourse you don't want any sexual pics on the forum, but preventing everyone of saying there name or posting a picture of themself is stupid.
When using www.habbox.com and www.habboxforum.com you must follow the Habbo Way aswell as our rules that we have to keep the main site and forum running as well as they do.

Now I think you know habbo way? or should I quote their rules aswell?

Max
12-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Don't waste your time, I won't read them anyways.

Crying-Angel
12-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Omg!?

firstly you shouldnt post pictures of yourself on any forum or such... if you think your old enough to look after your own safty then why would you want to post a pic of urself, only give them to ppl you really trust.

also no matter what age ppl on the forum are there are pictures which may be posted (may not even mean to be offensive) but are actully offensive to some forum members.

also yes it is made for teenagers but some teenagers are still children, you have to remember that the teenage years start at 13.

also why should there be more work for the mods, we do ALOT as it is, mayb you dont notice it but we do. why cant you just be happy that people are here trying to help keep you safe?

Dave,
12-04-2005, 05:55 PM
also why should there be more work for the mods, we do ALOT as it is, mayb you dont notice it but we do. why cant you just be happy that people are here trying to help keep you safe?

I meant new mods for inspecting the new sigs. Also it isn't that hard to be a mod, I am one on many other forums. Also most mods don't even know the rules.

Crying-Angel
12-04-2005, 05:57 PM
well i aint most mods and i do work hard to fit all this in around my as-levels.

Max
12-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I have no idea what you mean with staying safe, and why should I only give my pic to people I trust?
It's not like giving all my personal details..

But whatever you want.

Buggy
13-04-2005, 01:36 PM
pictures can also be hard to moderate, just think what sort of things could end up on here (and it would be everywhere until a mod or admin see it), this is supposed to be a safe site for everyone we should keep it that way.

People arent that stupid, it's very unlikely that anyone would have anything like that, and not everyone would end up using images in signatures anyway.

And moderating signatures isnt a big job, and doesnt need to be treated that way. Your browsing forums and stuff anyway, any signatures that are against the rules would be pretty easy to see, and then easy to remove.

Cloudclone
13-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Just read my thread in this forum. >_>

. People can report bad images.
. People looking at thread can see images (So not hard to miss)
. You assume that people are going to put offensive images in their signatures... Thats a bit wrong isn't it. ¬¬

scottish
13-04-2005, 02:13 PM
It Would Cause A Bit Of Lag, Also People Wil Just abuse it By putting about 20 Pics in then it Would Probably Crash, And People Just Put Stuff Like to try and annoy habbox if you know what i mean :|

Dave,
13-04-2005, 03:24 PM
It Would Cause A Bit Of Lag, Also People Wil Just abuse it By putting about 20 Pics in then it Would Probably Crash, And People Just Put Stuff Like to try and annoy habbox if you know what i mean :|

It wouldn't lag anything.

Buggy
13-04-2005, 05:03 PM

actually i doubt 20 pics would fit in it. We still have maximum lengths. Also, a forum isnt going to lag, the server wouldnt lag, nothing would lag. Signatures wouldnt be uploaded here, they would be hosted somewhere else, so its not going on this server, and not being download from this server. Page loading times wouldn't really be affected either, because the script is run before the imag is downloaded, so once all the posts in a thread have shown up you can just hit stop if you dont want to load

Cloudclone
13-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Simple, 150 character limit to signatures. (Only linked images) and limit them to 1 (or 2 images) per user.

And again; no lag would be there.

sierk1
14-04-2005, 02:31 PM
When we allow images in signatures people can use huge moving images, that would be very annoying. I don't think we can limit the size of an image used in a signature.

And what do you consider the normal dimensions for an avatar picture used on other forums?

Mentor
14-04-2005, 02:54 PM
i dong get why people who dont like sigs cant just turn them off. plus you could simply ad a max image size to the rules. and then enforce it if a sig is oviosly to big, like you would a normal warning :/

It would acatly be therteicly possible to run a function which could reszive all sig images, athogh that would mean the forum would have to preprosses them in loading so it would lag the forum bit.

the orignal idea of 2 skins would be good so people would have even more choise to make the forum fast on waht ever conenction they use

Drewar
14-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I just love having signatures :P I get a new one like everyday!

Buggy
14-04-2005, 04:10 PM
When we allow images in signatures people can use huge moving images, that would be very annoying. I don't think we can limit the size of an image used in a signature.

And what do you consider the normal dimensions for an avatar picture used on other forums?

80x80 at least

Crying-Angel
14-04-2005, 10:32 PM
but i like to see and read ppls sigs they are normally quite interesting :( i just would NOT want there to be pics in them, it would just be damn annoying.

its best kept as it is =[

trunks.15
15-04-2005, 08:50 AM
but i like to see and read ppls sigs they are normally quite interesting :( i just would NOT want there to be pics in them, it would just be damn annoying.

its best kept as it is =[

yeha i know :p whel as long as there not TO big i hate those big signatures there anoying

Jin
15-04-2005, 09:27 AM

It doesnt call laag its just that if 6000 members had large images in their signature then it would make it very difficult for people with slower internet connections to browse the forum. Im just trying to come up with a hack (or if luckier find an already made one) which controls the size of peoples images in their signature in pixels and disable it for certain usergroups

Mentor
15-04-2005, 11:41 AM
It doesnt call laag its just that if 6000 members had large images in their signature then it would make it very difficult for people with slower internet connections to browse the forum. Im just trying to come up with a hack (or if luckier find an already made one) which controls the size of peoples images in their signature in pixels and disable it for certain usergroups
the oly ways to max size and image, are done with css and javacsript. athogh only a few browsers suppodt the things. and still there iffy.

ie needs a complex javascript to max size it, while firefox will function on a max sive css tag. athogh nether work in opra, and unlikly to work in other software browsers, like sifari for eg.

u can already put max images in the sig and charicter limit, plus u could just modireate like everything else, and remove andy huge sigs and give em a warning.

Cloudclone
15-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Sierk, you have rules about the forum of what you can and what you cannot do.

For example, no swearing, if someone is caught avoiding it by using '-' or ''' or whatever, they are punished with a ban, or a warning, right?

The same thing can be laid down with signatures.

. No animated signatures.
. Set limit to how big they can be.

And whatever else comes to protect users fragile little minds. ^_-

Mentor
15-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Sierk, you have rules about the forum of what you can and what you cannot do.

For example, no swearing, if someone is caught avoiding it by using '-' or ''' or whatever, they are punished with a ban, or a warning, right?

The same thing can be laid down with signatures.

. No animated signatures.
. Set limit to how big they can be.

And whatever else comes to protect users fragile little minds. ^_-
i dont see why u should block animations. There interesting. i think all that should be inforce, is a size limit. and then compy with other rules.

the argument about people putting unaccpetped images is stupid, as someone could use an unacptble image as a anvitar also?
So the same rules should apply

Cloudclone
15-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Yes, but if thats sierks main reason for not implenting them, then people can learn to live with not having animated signatures. I've gotten along fine without them for the past 3 years on ffgon.

Yes, images of a explict nature can be put in avatars, then they're removed by the moderators/SM's/Admins and the person with one is giving a warning.

Show me where "The same rule should apply" in the rules? Where it says "Explict adult natured signatures are ALLOWED". ¬¬'

Also, this is a forum based on Habbo A minority which are teenagers and children. This website goes with what Habbo goes with, mo swearing, etc...

Mentor
15-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Yes, but if thats sierks main reason for not implenting them, then people can learn to live with not having animated signatures. I've gotten along fine without them for the past 3 years on ffgon.

Yes, images of a explict nature can be put in avatars, then they're removed by the moderators/SM's/Admins and the person with one is giving a warning.

Show me where "The same rule should apply" in the rules? Where it says "Explict adult natured signatures are ALLOWED". ¬¬'

Also, this is a forum based on Habbo A minority which are teenagers and children. This website goes with what Habbo goes with, mo swearing, etc...
no you mis underestood. in the rules it says your not allowed to have explicit images in your avitar. my point was its just as easy to put one inyour avitar as it would be your sig. so same ruls shoudl appaly as in mod removs it and warns them.

also i see no problem with animation. i find it more intersting, plus it would make no real odds on anything else.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!