PDA

View Full Version : The Offical Merchanting Guide of Runescape [:Delirium]

:Delirium
08-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Hello, and thanks for reading my guide on merchanting. First off, the first thing you need to know of merchanting is: Always buy for a bit more then the other buys, but low enough, that you can actually make profit, and selling the item a little lesser then the other sellers makes you get it FASTER.

Secondly, have atleast 2m-4m cash (you can earn this by merching small things, remember even a 10k profit is good, it all adds up when you do it), and you need access to world 2 (fally park). The best way to keep getting into world 2 is by going into world 2 manually at the first time and leaving the window open without closing it will allow you to go in again :)

Here is the world 2 map of item selling.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3450/world2merchingmapby9.png (http://imageshack.us)

Took me well over 1 hour to create it from scratch. (and well worth.) (Map of falador Park is taken from Runescape World Map.)

Okay. Now for the tips.

1. Patience is the key to success, dont stress or quit cause theres no-one buying, having patience can also find you incredible deals which can make you a lot of profit.

2. Exploring - Explore the park and try remembering the prices, I cannot give the prices of any items because they always change, dropping and rising. Exploring the park will also let you remember where people buy/sell the items.

3. What to merch? Everyone asks what to merch, the KEY for what to merch is you knowing the street inside and out, you have to know the price ranges for the items and merching very unstable items give you the most profit. For example, currently Gilded armour ranges from 4.2-4.6. Thats 400k price range!!!! You can make 400k in 2 trades? HELL YEAH. You can get lucky with people selling stuff and get em at the bottom of the price range and you can even get lucky the next day if someones buying at the max price!

4. Last of all, Merchanting is ALL about PATIENCE and LUCK. Good luck in your future merchanting and I hope this guide has helped you become one of RuneScape's "Pros".

.::..::..::. St0ne, Out. .::..::..::.

deagle
08-02-2007, 02:37 AM
Nice map, better than the previous one I've seen.

Basic, but to the point.

They trade phats outside of fally??

08-02-2007, 02:38 AM
Thanks, and yeah, they do it north of fally. :P

deagle
08-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Those people at the phats are so ****y >.>

Those know it alls.

Bun
08-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Nice map and for what it's worth, Mud staffs (can be great for merching) are sold with the furies and fremmy rings :P.

xzl.
08-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Nice guide. To the point :]

Middlesbrough
08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
How is it official im checking now for spelling mistakes ect and could you up the font size please
2. Use a different background for the map of the park
it might become unreadable to others

JackBuddy
08-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Nice guide, but I think it needs more examples of what to merchant and how.

Misawa
08-02-2007, 03:42 PM
If only 'merchanting' was a word...

Middlesbrough
08-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Merchanting is a word...
its not merching

Misawa
08-02-2007, 03:48 PM
I know. I was taking the mick out of the Mod on the forums.

Bun
08-02-2007, 04:01 PM
How is it official im checking now for spelling mistakes ect and could you up the font size please
2. Use a different background for the map of the park
it might become unreadable to others

Sorry but I lol'ed at that :P. You spelt a three letter abbreviation wrong :P

Middlesbrough
08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
i have spelling problems lol -.-
Etc*

Albion
08-02-2007, 08:38 PM
you missed god pages omg, good guide tho

The Professor
08-02-2007, 09:12 PM
God pages are best bought on RS forums

And try mentioning the official RS forums? Theyre good for merchanting

deagle
08-02-2007, 10:53 PM
I think background is cool, but maybe change font in map, just a little hard to read.

I favourited this, gonna use that map as a reference.

+rep by the way.

Hoax
09-02-2007, 01:35 AM
I would hardly call that a guide.. it was just a map that said stay patient.

09-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments, I don't see you idiots making any guides, atleast im doing something, stop flaming me. And yes I HAVE said what to merchant :P

deagle
09-02-2007, 03:47 AM
Yes, read closely and you'll see MERCHANT G_ _ _ _ D A_ _ O _ _

Figure that out boys

The Professor
09-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments, I don't see you idiots making any guides, atleast im doing something, stop flaming me. And yes I HAVE said what to merchant :P

-rep for that. Calling people idiots for criticising is arrogant.

Middlesbrough
09-02-2007, 03:51 PM
-rep you are very ignorant seeing as it was c+c and yes i made a guide that was better than this

JackBuddy
09-02-2007, 05:15 PM
You only really touched upon guilded armour, you could maybe add items and say what to buy/ sell for.

Advanced
09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
-rep for that. Calling people idiots for criticising is arrogant.

LOL'ed OMG im a habbox Writter lets think i own habbox.

09-02-2007, 10:53 PM
LOL, you call that criticism? "bad guide no good points" That aint criticism. God so many idiots. If your going to give criticism atleast give constructive criticism? :S And "Professor"-alex, do you even play runescape? Why the hell are you even on rs side when you dont play? And even if you do, I bet your like lvl 40 :S

Middlesbrough
09-02-2007, 11:23 PM
LOL, you call that criticism? "bad guide no good points" That aint criticism. God so many idiots. If your going to give criticism atleast give constructive criticism? :S And "Professor"-alex, do you even play runescape? Why the hell are you even on rs side when you dont play? And even if you do, I bet your like lvl 40 :S
dont dis people because of there levels you idiot professor alex has a good reputation around habbox and you will soon have a bad one you dont dis people because theyre lower level it shows you spend to much time on rs and you are obviously a neek dont try to be so clever because your not
its simply a bad guide not enough points telling people not to merchant your so ignorant

Mitch4?
09-02-2007, 11:27 PM

ur so bad and sad
omg it rhymes

Srsly don't go around insulting people because they might be of a lower level than you. HE might be a lower level but least he has a better life. kfnx.

09-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I just asked for better responses, you guys cant even give constructive criticism sheesh.

Middlesbrough
09-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I just asked for better responses, you guys cant even give constructive criticism sheesh.
calling us idiots isnt going to make us give you c+c you will just get flamed

09-02-2007, 11:58 PM
I called you idiots after your so called constructive criticism.

deagle
10-02-2007, 01:26 AM
I like the map. Better than the one with circles, forgot who made that.

The Professor
10-02-2007, 03:43 PM

Yes I do. My rsn is Volantary. Im on the rs side because I do play it. Im level 78 if you must know, which isnt too good, but I got half decent skills. And there was some constructive criticism in there, meaning you called those people idiots for trying to help you, which is arrogant.

LOL'ed OMG im a habbox Writter lets think i own habbox.

You have jelousy written all over you. At no point did I mention I was staff, let alone use it as an argument.

10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
you arent lvl 78, look in your signature, it says 66.

Middlesbrough
10-02-2007, 05:13 PM
you arent lvl 78, look in your signature, it says 66.
i know that alex is right really its just cause def aint on high score

The Professor
10-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Mmm. Well observed, but youll notice my defence isnt in the highscores, so it cant calculate the combat level properly ;)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3676/07feb10171445ja6.png

JackBuddy
10-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I did, check my posts.

10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Not you Jack, I appreciate yours ;)

deagle
10-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Whatever, I love the map.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!