PDA

View Full Version : Internet - Stricter Laws? [Closes 08/03/07]

---MAD---
08-02-2007, 01:25 PM
The internet is filled with crime. From porongraphy, hacking, stealing personal information, the list goes on.

Do you think the internet should become stricter? If so, why? If not, why?

Ashhizzle
08-02-2007, 01:33 PM
No? Because I beleive most children are becoming more mature and the police are cracking down on 'Internet predators'

If parents are worried they can go out and get a restriction package or somthing, like what schools have.

Also, Company's like Norton And Mcafee Are increasing their internet protection programs, and if somthing new is made to retrieve personal details, something new is made to block it.

Jazza
08-02-2007, 02:11 PM
The internet is about the free exchange of information, there isn't much anyone can do to regulate it as it isn't a single entity but a spider web of data. There is also the question of what authority government have on the internet.....

T0M
08-02-2007, 02:15 PM
No its strict enough as it is.
if your stupid enough to get a virus or give out your details to a pedo then you deserve the repucussions tbh :l

spiteful
08-02-2007, 02:17 PM
no, it's fine as it is.

you just need to teach some little kids a lesson on what &what not to do on the internet.

Ashhizzle
08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
I agree with all of above, And still stick to my point.

Window's Vista has better internet security anyway doesn't it? And many people will be switching to vista anyway.

:Hazel
08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
not really, if its to protect kids then thats parents jobs to buy proper internet security & to keep an eye on what they are up to if need be.

Brody
08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
na its strict enough

also i neva new poranoagraphy was a crim

Ashhizzle
08-02-2007, 03:18 PM
I second that, But ohwell :P Teens go on it because they are curious, thats all. Not because their Mini-predators. curiosity takes over :P

Caution
08-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Nope, get anti-virus.:rolleyes:

na its strict enough

Child ****ography is.

Luckyrare
08-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, Child **** is just plain sick and I think they should be cracked down on with the highest of punishment. Laws on other things such as illegal file sharing would totally kill what the internet was originally made for, to share files and information.

dannyisnotamazing
08-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't agree. It's strict enough as it is, when you try to access a ****ography site it asks you if you are over 18 and also has some Terms & Conditions, on most sites anyway. Sure it's easy to just click 'yes I am 18' but that's not the site owners fault as they've warned them and stuff but the person has still clicked enter knowing the risk. Parents can also block sites on computers and make it parental controlled.

You have to be safe anywhere you go in the world - why change it on the net? You have to watch who you talk to in the real world, who you take stuff from who you buy stuff from. It's you're own risk and you do know the risk of it. You just have to be safe with regards to anything you do.

FlyingJesus
08-02-2007, 04:26 PM
The Americans tried banning pr0n on the internet a few years back, but the big pr0n company owners complained that it breached their right to freedom of publishing or some such right, and got the legislation reversed.

Also I heard it's something like 5 pr0n sites to every normal site, and when you think about how many normal sites there are.. that's a lot of jackoff material. Difficult to get rid of that much substance.

BobX
08-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I think it should be not stricter just maybe more secure. I don't know how but meh, i'm not some computer tech to tell you how :P

But I see what people mean when they talk about that they should buy a better package for their computer, such as a better more improved anti-virus package. I also think that the manufactureres should make them more easy to use as I don't know how to use mine! :(

Ashley 12344
08-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Windows Vista requires a good PC (as far as I'm aware)

I think enough is being done. Parents can get software to control whats accessed.

I think maybe school should teach younger children more about internet safety, and not some half assed 5 minute talk.

Jazza
08-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Schools have it back to front anyway. Schhols teach about how not to trust anyone, if you listened to schools you probably wouldn't go on habbo

RedStratocas
08-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Absolutely not. Child ****ography is different, because that's illegal no matter where you put it, so the law in real life takes care of that. The whole point of the internet is freedom of speech, no guidelines and no central power. It's either no laws or a lot, there is no in between.

My fear, if there were internet rules, is people would say "Hey, ____ is banned why isnt _____?" and then that would get banned. Who's to say what is inappropriate for the internet and what isnt? If there are no laws, there is nothing to compare it to, its complete freedom. But as soon as you add one simple rule, it leads to a chain of rules.

Mentor
08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
1) laws on the internet are near impossible, since whats illgeal in one contary probably isnt in another, so if the servers in another, there aint alot that can be done.
2) the internet is a network, which promotes the free exchange of information. Itshould stay that way.
3) i think there should be a few more laws, althoiugh working the oppesit way, Its ok for the goverment to sift threw and read your IM's and emails. if they did the same to your phiscal mail, or tapped you phone line, without any evidance or reason, that would be illegal. The same should be true on the net.
4) a countrys law can only really be inforced in that country. the web is world wide which causes the problems.

darkchicken101
08-02-2007, 09:39 PM
The "internet police" have enough trouble stopping the illegal activity on the internet as it is. There are hundreds of thounds, probably millions of sites that are breaking some law in some country.

irresistible
08-02-2007, 09:49 PM
no, i like it the way it is. if people are silly enough to get a virus or w.e it's there own fault. anyway, theres like loads of anti virus programs out there, most of them prepared for the next infection.

anyway, i don't think theres really a way to make it stricter.

DiscoPat
08-02-2007, 11:15 PM
No? Because I beleive most children are becoming more mature and the police are cracking down on 'Internet predators'

If parents are worried they can go out and get a restriction package or somthing, like what schools have.

Also, Company's like Norton And Mcafee Are increasing their internet protection programs, and if somthing new is made to retrieve personal details, something new is made to block it.

Couldnt put it better my self.:8

ColyTom
09-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Nope, it is fine as it is.

Most ISP's and anti-virus's provide parental controls and firewalls and kid's are becoming more aware of paedos so it is fine as it is.

Djcafc.
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
at the moment i think all the internet laws seem to be working so why should they?

2000th post :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_danc :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc :eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Andeeh
18-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Its ok as it is. Just some kids are a bit stupid and give there info out and go on dodgey sites...

Maybe a training course designed to tackle these problems?

DiscoPat
18-02-2007, 09:52 PM
stricter how

plastiKKstars
21-02-2007, 07:40 PM
i think its okay as it is.
but it wouldnt hurt anybody with a few rules to it or something like that.
if people get their personal infortmation found out by somebody they dont want them to, it is usually their fault for telling someone in the first place.
but other than that, i think its fine the way it is.
i think p0rn is a problem though and should be banned.
but then again, for people that like to watch it. i dont want them to take that in offence. i just dont like it.

RedStratocas
21-02-2007, 09:59 PM
i think its okay as it is.
but it wouldnt hurt anybody with a few rules to it or something like that.
if people get their personal infortmation found out by somebody they dont want them to, it is usually their fault for telling someone in the first place.
but other than that, i think its fine the way it is.
i think p0rn is a problem though and should be banned.
but then again, for people that like to watch it. i dont want them to take that in offence. i just dont like it.

You cant just ban something just because you personally dont like it. It doesnt effect you at all, so why not just let it be?

Ashley 12344
26-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I think the laws, if becoming stricter, should be regarding things such as fraud (possible without internet anyway - plus more people been refunded by the companies). ****ography is fully legal, when adults.

As for kids, should be sorted in school at a young age. Internet lessons, security, etc.

YoManGo!
27-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Most kids would know if they were talking to peedophile and know not to meet up with them. Some kids are naturally gullible and these are the type of people who if they weren't lured on the internet would end up in someone's car following the offer of sweets. Only one in like every thousand (probably more) attempts to meet up with a child a peedophile makes is successful, just our society is completely obsessed with it at the moment so it gets blown out of proportion. People actually think the internet has breeded new peedophiles which is completely ludacris, there is no more dodgy middle aged figures hanging around schools now than there was 20 years ago.

The internet is fine, once you divide it into what you can't do and what you can do you have to locallize the internet so that China runs the Chinese part, Britain the British part and so on, completely ruining the actually initial point of free data exchange.

RedStratocas
27-02-2007, 08:25 PM
People on this thread are talking about child ****ography and fraud, but those are illegal off the internet, so the same rules apply. Fraud is no more legal online than it is in real life. Thats not really what new rules would be.

The whole point of the internet, as said above, is free data exchange. Once you add rules to that, that takes away the purpose, and the reason the internet is possibly the only remaining honest media exchange in the world.

TheLastShadow
27-02-2007, 08:54 PM
NO!!! I remember when i had AOL. If you swore in a chat room your account gets banned and you cannot go on AOL anymore. I remember it. AOL Was so gay. Then we got a broadband connection. 100x better than AOL dialup

ColyTom
04-03-2007, 10:11 AM
NO!!! I remember when i had AOL. If you swore in a chat room your account gets banned and you cannot go on AOL anymore. I remember it. AOL Was so gay. Then we got a broadband connection. 100x better than AOL dialup

Omg, that sucks so badly!
WE are definately not going to switch our ISP to AOL.
The internet is fine as it is, making strict laws is just stupid.

FrozenWhisper
04-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Quite frankly people make too big a deal about the internet. Sure, tell people to be safe, but not ever 2 seconds. I have meet, phoned and wrote to people off the internet, and guess what, I'm not dead. Aslong as your careful then tbh, you'll be alright.

Demynx
07-03-2007, 11:16 PM
The internet is filled with crime. From porongraphy, hacking, stealing personal information, the list goes on.

Do you think the internet should become stricter? If so, why? If not, why?

poronagraphy isn't against the laws, if it was than Playboy, Erotica and other things wouldn't exsist, porñ isn't bad, sometimes humans get tempting pleasures to see pictures of people making love, its normal, Child Poronagraphy is illegal though, I'll tell you that. And why are people saying it is strict enough? There are racist pictures to predators lurking all over the internet! But I do think they could do something about the myspace issue on kids 10 years old pretending to be 15 saying to munch personal information, myspace just has to tighten up the security a bit more.

le harry
08-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Use the internet at your own risk.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!