PDA

View Full Version : [Project Uploader] BETA

Tomm
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Hello,

I am working on an application that will allow you to share images and files easily..

Heres the plan:

You have a tray icon and when you click on it you get a box (Like a MSN signin box) that allows you to quickly upload files (With a progress bar, etc.)

Its easy, simple, quick and best of all FREE.

Currently I have a working server/client application that sends a file from the client to the server. Its not very nice looking and it has debug stuff in it.. so its not ready for a public beta just yet (Not to mention the fact its not running on my server yet..)

Also soon (When I figure out how to do it ;p) I will add shell extensions to allow you to upload files by right clicking on them and selecting upload.

Now.. you may be saying that there are other applications around like this (I am sure there are) BUT the main feature of this is that its ad-free (Nope, we won't even advertise our upload site on your images), free to use, quick and easy to use. I am sure you'll have a hard job finding another application like this one ;)

Currently I need:

- Graphics Designers

Required to provide graphics for the client software as well as the website.
Please PM me with examples of your work with some contact information if you wish to apply.

- BETA testers

You will be testing the client software and reporting any bugs found to me, also you will be asked to make suggestions for improving the software.

When I release the actual final version I will need:

PLEASE DO NOT POST/QUESTION ME ABOUT THE FOLLOWING VACANCIES UNTIL THE APPROPRIATE TIME.

- Content Managers

Responsible for checking for inappropriate content, deleting it and reporting the offending users to the Server Administrators

- Server Administrators

As the name may suggest you will be responsible for the server application and to make sure its working properly and stable. Plus, if required, reboot the application or request a full server reboot.

Thanks,

Tom

Jackbee
08-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I could be a Content manager / Server admin

Darrell
08-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Looks like a good project, i'm speaking to you on msn about it :)

jarhead!
08-02-2007, 07:55 PM
can Ibe a beta tester

Tomm
08-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I could be a Content manager / Server admin

Read my edit please :)

Looks like a good project, i'm speaking to you on msn about it :)

Thanks for your support :)

OMGitsaROSS
08-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Can't wait for this to be made.

I am up for being a BETA tester if you need?

timROGERS
08-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Sounds interesting ;)

ThisNameWillDo!
08-02-2007, 08:38 PM
This sounds good :D

Recursion
08-02-2007, 08:40 PM
PMed :)

Unpredictible.
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
beta tester :)

Tomm
09-02-2007, 11:21 AM
The BETA will probs begin the start of next week, ill contact all the people who want to be BETA testers then.

Blob
09-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I was first to test :eusa_danc

Ini
09-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I dont really understand it?

Where will it upload to?

I'll be beta tester if you want, maybee it will help me understand more

ThisNameWillDo!
09-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeh can I Be a tester? :P:P

&
09-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Sounds very good! Could be useful :D

Luckyrare
09-02-2007, 04:31 PM
as I said Tom, as asked, would be interested in using this on Uploadz. I will change to a windows server. Up to you

Tomm
09-02-2007, 04:45 PM
I will be happy to come to some kind of agreement :) Talk to me on msn.

as I said Tom, as asked, would be interested in using this on Uploadz. I will change to a windows server. Up to you

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!