PDA

View Full Version : I desperately need your help...

Rolah
08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey Guys!

I desperately need your help, early in January of this year I was contacted by a Publisher after my English Literature teacher from College reccommended me for my talents. They want to start me off with something small, which in this case happens to be their series of books that they publish 4x a year, if being small means having the book published in Australia, Canada, America and England Book shops as well as being available for purchase online, Then hey! Let's all make something small and turn it into something big shall we? Everything's possible in this day of age!

So how can you help me out?

I desperately need ideas for short uplifting stories for Children.
They must be no longer than 3000 words so please think logically!

You may be wondering what's in it for you? For each idea I receive on this Forum, wether or not I choose to use it for one of the short stories. The idealist will win +Rep on the HxF and also a Habbo Club Sofa on Habbo UK! So what have you got to lose? I can also make a copy of the series available for you FREE of charge. Please send me a Personal Message if you would like this to be the case.

Thanks for your help Habbox Forum!

PigsNose
08-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Well it depends on what age you are aiming at.
I am guessing older than about five so:
Five - seven year olds - animal stories, something fun and happy, nothing sad. Maybe about a polar bear or a penguin? Something strange and wacky aswell, kids love that. If it's a series, you could do something like
'The adventures of [insert name] the [insert animal]. And the animal could get in all sorts of adventures, maybe things kids do in real life.
Eight - ten - Now I can't really remember what I read then, I read older things for my age but I am guessing quizzical things, to get the kid thinking, nothing to hard but nothing too obvious. I am sorry I can't help you in this section.
Eleven - thirteen - Teenage life, it has to be. Things you do when you're a teenager, worrying problems, etc.
Fourteen - sixeteen - I am guessing the same as above but in more detail and maybe things like a girl getting pregnant etc.
Good luck with the story, keep me updated :)

-Sweex
18-02-2007, 08:45 PM
If its under 7 they like storys about animals. So maybe somthing like the Happy animal collection if its a series. Each book is about a diff animal.

If its just the one book it could be based on under the sea , so basicly a family of jelly fish that live blahblah blah blah.... And then oneday one of the member of the familys wish comes true i dnt know

Shawnstra
19-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Yea, do something really cheery or they would just get bored and fall asleep? That happened to me when I was reading Tom Sawyer :P

ColyTom
04-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Maybe some stories about talking fruit and vegetables

e.g Penelope Pineapple, Sarah Strawberry

They can get up to lots of adventures for example, a small orange always wished that he was bigger and then eventually he grew.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!