PDA

View Full Version : PS2 gunna be ****

rockstar6
09-02-2007, 09:11 PM
i was gunna get a PS3 but i just found out that the game u buy only plays on ur console so if it breaks u cant take it back cant play it on frineds systems and cant trade it in, i think i will just stick with my 360 live is better than PS3 net play anyway!

Stitch
09-02-2007, 09:15 PM
How is that possible?

Ed.
09-02-2007, 09:17 PM
No - they can't do that unless u gotta type in serial code?!

GommeInc
09-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't think that's true somehow... Proof of this would be great :)

Smurtz
09-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I smell something.. I think it's bullsh..

GommeInc
09-02-2007, 09:25 PM
...it?

Me too. I don't think it would be a good feature or possible?

Marky.
09-02-2007, 09:28 PM
it was just a roumer

Colin-Roberts
09-02-2007, 09:29 PM
thats wacked i've switched games from console to console before you dont have the saved games but you have the rest..

Energizer
09-02-2007, 09:31 PM
I heard 'bout the games only playing on your console a while ago.. don't believe it though.

Smurtz
09-02-2007, 09:38 PM
But how would it function?

I don't think the discs are going to be able to be written to to say it's only valid to a ps3 of a certain serial number, unless they're dvd-rw (which would make it too easy to dump games on your hd).
And it can't really be stored on your console, how would it contact another ps3 to certify that it was the first one to play it?

HUGECOOL
09-02-2007, 09:39 PM
It was an old rumor but it was already debunked. It basically said that the PS3 would burn a code into a game disc after its first run so it could only run on the first console it was inserted into. However, the PS3 does not have an disc rewritable features in its optical drive so the rumor holds no merit. It was said that this feature would be implemented because PS3 games would be so expensive that people would rather buy used games than new expensive ones, and that feature could effectively close down the 'used games' market for the PS3.

Axel
09-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Why would they do that when it would just make people not want to buy the PS3...

HUGECOOL
09-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Why would they do that when it would just make people not want to buy the PS3...
It's Playstation.

Sony was holding way too much confidence in their brand and was pretty much believing it would be an instant hit. The price alone was off-putting for most consumers anyway.

cocaine
09-02-2007, 09:49 PM
uh, proof?

Axel
09-02-2007, 09:54 PM
It's Playstation.

Sony was holding way too much confidence in their brand and was pretty much believing it would be an instant hit. The price alone was off-putting for most consumers anyway.

They're wrong there, I'm like a Sony Fanboy and I'm not willing to buy a PS3 until it's a good few years old...

louder
09-02-2007, 10:37 PM
They're wrong there, I'm like a Sony Fanboy and I'm not willing to buy a PS3 until it's a good few years old...

i'm not willing to buy one at all.
the ps2 was good -- this console will be terrible.
why ruin such a great thing, sony?

Marky.
09-02-2007, 11:51 PM
ps3 games are on play-asia.com for around 35-40 quid each and all of them are region free

MattyTheOne
10-02-2007, 12:13 AM
What the hell is that about.... Before you say anything bad about PS3 check with the americans. Or the Sony Website. Don't just say anything that you don't know for sure about PS3 cos that'll break into a full-scale (forum) war. And with the war package you get.... Flaming! Infractions for flaming! and More Flaming! And Maybe A Ban!

And that is a load of (vile words removed xD) cos that wud ruin the 'friends have PS3s, lets play my new game there!' sorta thing and added thought

X360 live isn't free... PS3 Online is. Btw, No Flaming PS3.

:Hazel
10-02-2007, 12:17 AM
i doubt this is true but anyway thats just put me off the ps3 even more so..

Marky.
10-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Ps3 online is no match to xbox360 online i would pay 40quid a year any day

louder
10-02-2007, 12:49 AM
What the hell is that about.... Before you say anything bad about PS3 check with the americans. Or the Sony Website. Don't just say anything that you don't know for sure about PS3 cos that'll break into a full-scale (forum) war. And with the war package you get.... Flaming! Infractions for flaming! and More Flaming! And Maybe A Ban!

And that is a load of (vile words removed xD) cos that wud ruin the 'friends have PS3s, lets play my new game there!' sorta thing and added thought

if you used the console forum more regulary you would know that i never flame consoles unless i've played them + if they're not released, read plenty of reviews on them.
so stop making it sound like i don't know anything about the ps3 because i know plenty.

it's going to be a terrible console that isn't worth buying -- it's over priced + all it's good for is graphics.

also, i think you'll find that xbox live is free, xbox live GOLD membership isn't, also you'll probably find with the ps3 there is a superior online membership in which you have to pay.

the nintendo wii's net is completely free, it's not exactly an innovation.

please go away and stop making out like sony are god because they're nothing when it comes to consoles.

Ps3 online is no match to xbox360 online i would pay 40quid a year any day

this guy raises a good point -- even if you don't have to pay for the ps3's net play, no way will it beat xbox 360's gold membership.
tbh, the xbox 360 wipes the floor with the ps3.
it's cheaper, it has better live play, better gameplay, decent graphics.
the ps3 is;
expensive + has rly good graphics.

wouldn't you rather have cheaper with better features? if not then it just proves what a silly little fanboy you are.

rockstar6
10-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Anyone who is wondering where i heard it from, was this guy from school, he said that he was at the official UK launch or something and that's what they said. I have no proof that this is true, but hey! Also apparently they have lied about how good the graphics are going to be, because on screenshots they have used a computer to make it look better! Again no proof, but oh well!

just realised that the title says PS2 lol!

Oni
10-02-2007, 01:06 PM
The Ps3 DOES have amazing graphics, i played 1 in london but it doesnt make it a good console. I do think however 360 online play can easily be taken over especially by the wii as it has/will have more features.

HUGECOOL
10-02-2007, 02:26 PM

Hello, I'm American- The PS3 is still crap. I've played it on several occasions but it's not as amazing as it was hyped up to be. The graphics are on the same level as the Xbox 360 or maybe even less impressive.

And no one is flaming. Yet.
Flaming usually occurs when a person responding to a post has grown tired of thinking so they result to personal attacks (over the Internet, pssh.). That said, flaming does not constitute of stating a personal bias over consumer electronics. =/ But I digress.

The rumor was very much believed by many at the time because no one had any idea of game costs or anything.

Xbox Live isn't free, but then again, PS3's online service isn't centralized so if game developers chose to charge for online gameplay they are free to do so.

About PS3's graphics being computer generated..
Yes, at the first E3 when the PS3 was introduced, computers (Macs, I think) were used to produce the graphics being presented to everyone on the floor.

Demynx
10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
i was gunna get a PS3 but i just found out that the game u buy only plays on ur console so if it breaks u cant take it back cant play it on frineds systems and cant trade it in, i think i will just stick with my 360 live is better than PS3 net play anyway!

I didn't get anything you just said...Speak english please.

Dubble
10-02-2007, 09:46 PM
First of all is ps3 is going to be you know what and you buy disk one by one not download...

Misawa
10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
LOL stupid rumour, yeah it's not true. Mine could play my brother's games.

Frodo13.
12-02-2007, 02:59 PM
I heard this too.

If it is true, then it has its pros aswell as cons. While you won't be able to trade in your games, re-sell them or take them round freinds houses', at least it would stop theft.

alexxxxx
12-02-2007, 05:17 PM
i heard about this.

Josh-H
12-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Its a load of rubbish :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!