PDA

View Full Version : Recording In-Game Footage..

KwikSave
10-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Right.. Me and my friend love glitching, superjumping etc for Halo 2. We want to post a montage of them and then maybe make individual tutorials for them to upload onto Youtube.. The only problem is we don't have a clue how to. So if anyone could help us out that would be great.

Any replies will be much appreciated and +repped :)

Thanks in advance

F32
10-02-2007, 03:23 PM
The best way is to use a DVD Recorder and hook your Xbox upto that and that to the TV and then just record when you're playing through the DVD Recorder.

Of course, this isn't cheap but can be done with VHS although it won't turn out onto the PC unless you purchase some special equipment.

Another way of doing this is to hook up your Xbox so you can play through your monitor of your PC - although I'm unsure on how to do this.

You could easily record with your camera phone and then bluetooth it or usb it to your computer although the quality will be poor.

PaulMacC
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
The best way is to use a DVD Recorder and hook your Xbox upto that and that to the TV and then just record when you're playing through the DVD Recorder.

Of course, this isn't cheap but can be done with VHS although it won't turn out onto the PC unless you purchase some special equipment.

Another way of doing this is to hook up your Xbox so you can play through your monitor of your PC - although I'm unsure on how to do this.

You could easily record with your camera phone and then bluetooth it or usb it to your computer although the quality will be poor.

He is completly wrong !
The best way to do it is , If you have a Camcorder go to a shop and buy a DV Cable.
Record whatever footage onto the camera's cassette and then plug the DV cable into the camcorder look for the 1773 or something like that port in the back of your PC and then go to Windows Movie Maker and click capture video footage , Go to play on your camera and click capture footage on Windows Movie Maker and your recording it , Once It is finished capturing it click stop capturing and then click finish , You'll have the file automatically saved in My Documents

F32
10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
No I am not completely wrong at all.

You go out and spend £400+ on a Digital CamCorder when you can do it for half the price?

What's the point?

+44
10-02-2007, 06:19 PM
But then why spend 200£ or even 20£ or more on showing people how to glitch. -.-

If you have cam for your xbox try and record the screen ? I really have no idea seen as ive never tried ;)

kano
10-02-2007, 06:38 PM
im in a clan which used to/still does record movies for halo 2. the camera guys use capture cards. im not sure how its done but if you wanna ask them the site is http://tantrick.net/forum/index.php

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!