PDA

View Full Version : okami

dog-egg
11-02-2007, 09:32 PM
hello!! just got this game, and it's gotta be the best thing i've played for years! The graphics are quite literally works of art, and the storyline is great too. Some of the characters voices are a little grating but pretty soon you don't notice it and it's so easy to find yourself completely immersed in the world

if you haven't played it yet, i'd thoroughly recommend it!!

Okami is original and a breath of fresh air in a market saturated with endless sequels with only minor improvements!!

i hope enough people try it so that major developers can see that it's worth trying something new sometimes :)

Nemo
11-02-2007, 09:39 PM
ummmm wot console? what type of game? those wuld be helpful O.o also wot u do on it..

dog-egg
11-02-2007, 09:49 PM
it's on ps2, you play the part of a wolf god in a landscape that looks like a japanese painting - you run around trying to sort out the areas that have been withered by an evil creature, whilst interacting and trading with the numerous characters littering the countryside - there are combat elements, puzzles, and loads of exploring to do

the most innovative thing is the use of a calligraphy brush - by pusing a button it freezes time and you can quite literally paint things onto the screen to affect the action

e.g. painting horizontal strokes for slashes, symbols to make bombs appear, circles to make trees and plants bloom again

there's loads of trading to do, minigames and... well, just try it - i absolutely love it!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!