PDA

View Full Version : Stupidness..

Adam!
12-02-2007, 01:10 AM
What else can you call this?

Lets say, the approach was too fast & flight deck crew should have decided to abort before hammering onto the runway.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rTxCUcPY734

A) Pilot Rubbish..
B) Cabin crew needs sacking.. "Discontinued approach" erm excuse me, the aircraft hammered down on the runway.... "Due to a technical problem" What technical problem? Bit of windshear, and cabin crew shoudl NEVER say technical problem as it scares passengers - Only the pilot as he can give a detailed explination.

Kenneth
12-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Told me this on MSN lol what airline was that lol.

-Sweex
12-02-2007, 08:21 PM
yeh what airline was it?

cocaine
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
roflmao, its only the wind?

DiscoPat
12-02-2007, 08:58 PM
chill lol

Ashhizzle
13-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Lols, Randomness ;]

Shawnstra
16-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Are you even allowed to on Electronic Devices during takeoff/landing lol ;)

Adam!
16-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Are you even allowed to on Electronic Devices during takeoff/landing lol ;)
Who cares?

It's only so you give your full attention to the cabin crew in an emergency.. So your not distracted by anything.

But meh, if the captain suddenly was going EVACUATE EVACUATE I would leave my camera and run!

GommeInc
16-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm confused... The plane hit the runway and it goes back up? Why are you making a simple thing such a big thing? If they kept it for landing, the plane would of steered off into the wind and caused more problem. Unless you want to have an even worse experience?

The way you said it, I thought the wings and the wheels came off and there was a high chance of you dying. But it is a normal landing... In terms of cross winds...

Adam!
16-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I wasn't even in the plane..

I am not talking anything about the plane, just the crew in general.. Cabin crew woman don't have a clue what she's talking about..

General rule of the thumb is, once the plane has touched down or passed ****** it must land.. With the exeption of windshear landings which this was.

-Soph-
16-02-2007, 11:55 PM
chill lol

I agree.. its not the end of the world, it was just an aborted landing.

GommeInc
19-02-2007, 08:27 PM
I wasn't even in the plane..

I am not talking anything about the plane, just the crew in general.. Cabin crew woman don't have a clue what she's talking about..

General rule of the thumb is, once the plane has touched down or passed ****** it must land.. With the exeption of windshear landings which this was.
I see, it was strongly hinted you were on the plane...

So what you are saying, is that the plane should land, regardless to whether it has enough runway to stop? It looked in the video that it was quickly running out. They probably aborted because of this.

Also, we do not actually know if it was or wasn't technical difficulties? For some strange reason, it could of been? Doubt it, but a possibility none the less.

Adam!
19-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I see, it was strongly hinted you were on the plane...

So what you are saying, is that the plane should land, regardless to whether it has enough runway to stop? It looked in the video that it was quickly running out. They probably aborted because of this.

Also, we do not actually know if it was or wasn't technical difficulties? For some strange reason, it could of been? Doubt it, but a possibility none the less.
It was windshear.. So easy to tell, cabin crew shouldnt even open their traps before the captain has made an announcement.

He wasn't running out of runway at all, lol.. Plenty left, you can tell.. He touched down in the touchdown zone!

Im not saying your not aloud to go back up once you've touched down, but it's not recomended by any aircraft manufacturer at all infact looking at the 767-300 manual from Boeing

"Once the main landing gear has touched earth, the aircraft MUST be brought to a complete stop, and not lift off again. Doing such could cause complications. If needed, use emergency brakes (See section A, 39, a)."

GommeInc
19-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Hmmm, interesting. Maybe when he thumped the runway and it bounced up, maybe the captain decided to go around for another try? There was no harm done, although the airport probably got a bit confused. Anyway, as I said, it could of been a technical difficulty which you could not tell from the video?

---MAD---
19-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Hmm doesn't seem too bad. At least nothing fatal :).

Ashhizzle
19-02-2007, 09:23 PM
What mad said, -feels cool for posting after him-

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!