PDA

View Full Version : Fever Pitch

RedStratocas
14-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Im not sure if it is only a US film since it is about baseball, but it is really good. Its about this couple who lives in boston (Home of the red sox. WOOOO. Go redsox :D ) And they go out for a while, and in spring, the girl (cameron diaz) finds out the guy is a HUGE redsox fan. It takes place in 2004, the season the redsox won the world series in 86 years :o Everything in the movie is true (Like how during the red sox had the greatest comback in history, down 3 games to none, and came back to win 4 games in a row) Anyway, even if you arent a baseball fan, you should see it

SSC7
24-04-2005, 01:12 AM
I saw a commercial for it and got mad :@ How dare they try to americanize a great film such as fever pitch. I guess they changed the arsenal fan into a red socks fan. THey also took the office and americanized it.

RedStratocas
24-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Fever pitch is about as american as it can get. Its about baseball, takes place in boston, I cant imagine it being "UK-ised"

SSC7
24-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Fever Pitch was originally a UK movie about a Die-Hard Arsenal Fan in London who had to decide what was more important. His Gf or Arsenal. He was a school teacher as well. Go to your local movie store and ask for it. It has a chick holding a pair boots over her knockers. I think it was made in the 70's or 80's. Why do u think they call it "Fever Pitch". A Pitch is a Footy field.

Bikez
24-04-2005, 10:39 PM
I wanna see the movie :p

RedStratocas
24-04-2005, 11:09 PM
A pitch in baseball is when you throw the ball to the batter

Fingerboots
25-04-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm not too keen on sport based movies.. But I will try watch it sometime. =]

SSC7
25-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Lol I guess it works for both movies then. Uk Fever Pitch description.

Description: English teacher Paul Ashworth believes his long standing obsession with Arsenal serves him well. But then he meets Sarah. Their relationship develops in tandem with Arsenal's roller coaster fortunes in the football league, both leading to a nail biting climax!

RedStratocas
25-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Ours is simmilar. Just a guy who is a huge red sox fan meets a girl in the winter. He is all nice and stuff, but then once spring (baseball season) comes, he starts going all crazy and cares more about the red sox then her. Its really funny. Whats cool is they ACTUALLY filmed ON THE FIELD of a world series (Championship) game. Most of the stuff (Including the greatest comeback in history) all happened last year and is 100% accurate. Just a few flaws.

SSC7
26-04-2005, 05:28 PM
So they shot it not knowing the Red Sox were going to win? Thats pretty cool.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!