PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage

English
13-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Following on from a post I just read and thinking about it - do you think gay marriage is right?

I don't think it's right personally. I don't have anything against homosexuals in particular so don't start with the homophobic jibes. I just don't believe it's right for 2 women / 2 males to get married. Marriage is a ceremony that in my opinion should only be for heterosexuals. Comments/discussion.

benjamin
13-02-2007, 04:46 PM
i agree with you for once.

Charley
13-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Nah, I disagree. I actually don't see why two women/two men should not be able to get married. Why should their relationship be treated any different then a man and a woman? And I'm not bi/gay, so thats coming from a straight persons point of view.

But I can see why people would be against it. :]

Frodo13.
13-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Personally don't bother me. Nobody chooses to be gay/bi so you should have equal rights.

cocaine
13-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't see why not.

Glitter
13-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I think they should have there own little marriage thing, because then.. -No one would be allowed to be against it
-It would be like there own special thing
-Ect..
Personally i'm not against it.. If your in love then why not?

uh huh her
13-02-2007, 04:58 PM
In a religious ceremony, no. Pretty obvious why not. But if you were to have a non-religious ceremony, yes. Its just the same as if a man and a woman want to get married, it represents the love the two people have for each other, so it's not really fair for two people of the same sex to not be allowed to show this love, because it's deemed "wrong" or whatever.

MsTanya
13-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Following on from a post I just read and thinking about it - do you think gay marriage is right?

I don't think it's right personally. I don't have anything against homosexuals in particular so don't start with the homophobic jibes. I just don't believe it's right for 2 women / 2 males to get married. Marriage is a ceremony that in my opinion should only be for heterosexuals. Comments/discussion.
ditto!

Browney
13-02-2007, 05:00 PM
In a religious ceremony, no. Pretty obvious why not. But if you were to have a non-religious ceremony, yes. Its just the same as if a man and a woman want to get married, it represents the love the two people have for each other, so it's not really fair for two people of the same sex to not be allowed to show this love, because it's deemed "wrong" or whatever.

^^^
That sums it up for me really.

,Jess,
13-02-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it, I think that gay people should have the same rights as a normal married couple instead of being treated differently. Basically I think that marriage is about declaring your love for someone and showing them that you want to stay with them forever and I don't see why gay people can't do that too.

Plank
13-02-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't think it's right.

samsaBEAR
13-02-2007, 05:18 PM
i can see why people would disagree with it, however i think its right. if two people of the same gender love each other, why shouldnt they get married, love is the same, regardless of whether you love a male/female

A4AOwen
13-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't think it's right, I think marriage is for a woman and a man.

Swallow
13-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I think it should be equal are you cannot help being gay/bi. But marriage is already heavly abused in this country so i doubt it would matter.

English
13-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it, I think that gay people should have the same rights as a normal married couple instead of being treated differently. Basically I think that marriage is about declaring your love for someone and showing them that you want to stay with them forever and I don't see why gay people can't do that too.
You say they should have the same rights but I don't see why they should really. I mean being gay should stop you from being able to adopt children (one of the drawbacks of being gay even though you can't help it etc) as although they may want them it's not really fair on the child. Children have enough crap in school without getting bullied all the time for having 2 same sex parents. It's harsh but it'll happen all the time with gay people adopting.

Swallow
13-02-2007, 05:38 PM
You say they should have the same rights but I don't see why they should really. I mean being gay should stop you from being able to adopt children (one of the drawbacks of being gay even though you can't help it etc) as although they may want them it's not really fair on the child. Children have enough crap in school without getting bullied all the time for having 2 same sex parents. It's harsh but it'll happen all the time with gay people adopting.
With the bullying in school thing kids always find something to pick that, if its not "you have two dads" it will would be something else.

samsaBEAR
13-02-2007, 05:48 PM
With the bullying in school thing kids always find something to pick that, if its not "you have two dads" it will would be something else.
exactly

Browney
13-02-2007, 05:48 PM

Yep. +Rep for that.

English
13-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Sure most kids get bullied about something but a kid having 2 dads would sure as hell attract a lot more bullying. Plus I don't think 2 dads can give what 1 mum & 1 dad would give in a family, thus I think gay people adopting is wrong.

edible
13-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Actually, I dont see why not..If your in love, celebrate it..

DiscoPat
13-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Everyone is equal man, gay or not, let them marrie so what?

YoManGo!
13-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm bi, but I think the literal term of marriage is the union of a man and a woman, both of which assume different jobs within the marriage. Therefore I don't agree with it.

Swallow
13-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Sure most kids get bullied about something but a kid having 2 dads would sure as hell attract a lot more bullying. Plus I don't think 2 dads can give what 1 mum & 1 dad would give in a family, thus I think gay people adopting is wrong.
You cannot judge parent skills on gender, So if there is both gender parents i still think it would be the same, thats like saying "a ginger peson would bring up children better" It about the person he/she self and how they would bring up a child.

Actually, I dont see why not..If your in love, celebrate it..
^^^

That is so right

shiver
13-02-2007, 07:23 PM
I think it's okay, if you're so deeply in love with someone you should be able to get married just like man and woman. It's not just about your gender.

Tash.
13-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't personally see why not. As people have said, marriage celebrates love, so why not celebrate it through marriage as heterosexual couples do. Although, I do see the other arguement, I just don't choose to agree with it.

Digital
13-02-2007, 09:26 PM

I kinda agree, if they love each other enough then they don't really have to get married because all its really changing is there second name, and like you say marriage is between a male and a female :) No offense to any homosexuals.

edible
13-02-2007, 10:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with it anyway..and:
You cannot judge parent skills on gender, So if there is both gender parents i still think it would be the same, thats like saying "a ginger peson would bring up children better" It about the person he/she self and how they would bring up a child.
totally agreed, as long as they love the child, it doesnt matter on their sexuality, or who the parents are.

The best thing you can give a child is love, and if two homosexuals can give it, i dont see why they cant adopt a child?

RedStratocas
13-02-2007, 10:58 PM
What I dont get about the "marriage isnt supposed to be that way" arguement, is that 2/3rds of all marriages (here in the U.S. anyway) end in divorce. Thats a bigger abomination of marriage, so why arent there anti divorce protests like there are for gay marriage? Because 2/3rd is a hell of a lot more than the very small number of gay people getting married.

I dont see how it hurts anyone.

Mentor
13-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Personaly, i dont belive in marrage for a start, to me its pretty meaningless, and equals little more than a legal contract with some persudo religios connotaions tapped on the end.
But, if a gay couple wish to marry, i dont see any reason they should have less right to do so than anyone else, who so wishes. Although in my own eyes, i dont actualy really understand the differnce between it and the already provide civil partnership, other than the venue and possibly a viccar "/

Crono
13-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I believe marriage is about love and not gender. If they're in love I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get married.

Mentor
13-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I believe marriage is about love and not gender. If they're in love I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get married.

See, this is where i dont see the connection, between love and marrage that is? Since when do you need a legaly binding contract to show you love someone?

MsTanya
13-02-2007, 11:09 PM
See, this is where i dont see the connection, between love and marrage that is? Since when do you need a legaly binding contract to show you love someone?
that exactly why i dont want to get married, i see it as totally pointless

-Soph-
13-02-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't see why not..

edible
14-02-2007, 08:44 AM
i agree with that bit, you dont have to be married to prove you love someone.
My auntie and her partner aint married and it's very clear they love eachother alot.
I'd love to get married you know, just to have that day, but i wouldnt be doing it to prove I love whoever I was marrying.
But like i've said, if you love someone and you want to barried, go ahead, no one can stop you.

Hecktix
14-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Well 20-50 years ago, when Marriage was purely based upon religion. My answer would have been that gay marriage is wrong.

However now this is the modern day, and marriage is more of a legal contract than a religous one.

I think the actual definition is: "the legally binding contract between two people in love" or something.

So if that's what marriage is, anybody who is in love should be able to get a legally binding contract, Male & Female, Male & Male and Female and Female.

samsaBEAR
14-02-2007, 09:35 AM
yeh, but a lot of girls [that i know anyway, sorry to sound sterotypical] long to wear that white billowing dress and walk down the aisle to join with the person they love
id like to get married, however i agree with you, its not nessecary
its like thinking you have to go all out on valentines day and spend loads of money. if your girlfriend/boyfriend/fiancee/wife/husband/whatever loved you that much, they wouldnt need all the fancy presesnts

:Hazel
14-02-2007, 12:48 PM
I really don't know about this.. in some ways i think well let people do what they want & celebrate their love then i think hmm its not what i'd class as a normal thing so i dunno..

Seatherny
14-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I dont see anything wrong with gay marriage ... its to celebrate love.

nobility
14-02-2007, 01:34 PM
i don't see anything wrong with it, i dont see why all of the "good" things when it comes to love have to be stuck with the straight community. its wrong to be so bias. even if the bible says it shouldnt be, it can't come in the way of love, marriage basically makes the love "official" or...i dont know the word, particularly.

VINTAGE
14-02-2007, 05:14 PM
i think its a bit gay to be honest

wishing
14-02-2007, 05:18 PM
i dont reli care tbh!!!!!!!!!!

VINTAGE
14-02-2007, 05:19 PM
y not??

wishing
14-02-2007, 05:20 PM
cos i dnt care wot the batties do

RedStratocas
14-02-2007, 05:25 PM
i dont reli care tbh!!!!!!!!!!

If you want your post to be more important, you have to add more exclamation points.

I really dont see the point of marriage in the first place really.

hobo
14-02-2007, 05:27 PM

same!!!

Charlie
14-02-2007, 05:32 PM
I personally think that just because they're gay/bi, that they shouldn't be treated differently to people who are straight, so why would we make it so they can't get married? And, i'm all for gay marriage, seeing as i am myself, and i will hopefully get married, i don't see the problem with it. I think that it's just a normal thing that happens between couples that want it, no matter what sexuality they are.

English
14-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Not everyone is equal, that's what the losers say -_-

^^^

That is so right
You can base it on gender actually and hair colour is totally different to gender and parenting skills:s

Well 20-50 years ago, when Marriage was purely based upon religion. My answer would have been that gay marriage is wrong.

However now this is the modern day, and marriage is more of a legal contract than a religous one.

I think the actual definition is: "the legally binding contract between two people in love" or something.

So if that's what marriage is, anybody who is in love should be able to get a legally binding contract, Male & Female, Male & Male and Female and Female.

You can't base your opinion on the day and age and change to the present - that's stupid.

i don't see anything wrong with it, i dont see why all of the "good" things when it comes to love have to be stuck with the straight community. its wrong to be so bias. even if the bible says it shouldnt be, it can't come in the way of love, marriage basically makes the love "official" or...i dont know the word, particularly.
The bible also says sodomy/**** is wrong so that sorta defies your comment on the bible.

I personally think that just because they're gay/bi, that they shouldn't be treated differently to people who are straight, so why would we make it so they can't get married? And, i'm all for gay marriage, seeing as i am myself, and i will hopefully get married, i don't see the problem with it. I think that it's just a normal thing that happens between couples that want it, no matter what sexuality they are.
I don't see why you said that. People who are gay/bi ARE different. Whether they want to be or not, they are different. Most opinions are biased anyway seeing as they are coming from a straight point of view in my opinion and a gay one in yours so you want gay marriages. Marriage should be a thing that's only allowed between straight couples - it's just a disadvantage that can't be helped by gay people.

Swallow
14-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Marriage is crap anyway LOL.
i dnt wanna ever marry any1

Twinkie
17-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Plus I don't think 2 dads can give what 1 mum & 1 dad would give in a family, thus I think gay people adopting is wrong.
Well in that case, single parents should not be able to adopt/raise children then, huh?

I kinda agree, if they love each other enough then they don't really have to get married because all its really changing is there second name, and like you say marriage is between a male and a female :) No offense to any homosexuals.
I don't get your point as the same can be said with heterosexual couples. Why do they need to get married when, like you said, they're only changing their second name. :)

I'd really like it if those who had said that marriage is only between a man and a woman but did not give a reason would enlighten me as to why they think so.

To those who used religion as justifcation, haven't you heard of "seperation of church and state?" The values of one religion should not be imposed on an entire country.

RedStratocas
17-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't see why you said that. People who are gay/bi ARE different. Whether they want to be or not, they are different. Most opinions are biased anyway seeing as they are coming from a straight point of view in my opinion and a gay one in yours so you want gay marriages. Marriage should be a thing that's only allowed between straight couples - it's just a disadvantage that can't be helped by gay people.

Im straight, and Im pro-gay marriage? What's a disadvantage to straight people about gay marriage? Straight people will still be able to marry, it isnt anything against straight people. I dont see how anyone is losing.

Demynx
17-02-2007, 02:08 PM
I think gay marriage should be allowed, I mean, its only allowed in like 5 countries, why not all?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!