PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

danny-dylan
16-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Okay well for about year my brother and I have been working off and on a habbo radio. The thing is everytime we get near completion we lose interest or get dishearnted because we end up thinking whats the point of adding another radio to habbo. The last site took about a month to get to where we were and then we got to that stage again where we were put off. The thing I want to know is, is it really worth it? Would you just be ****** off that another radio opened for the site?

So I thought i would do a little research in our audience before we decide wether to scrap the entire project entirely, concidering we have a £180/year server and need to do something decent on it. My questions to you are:

Would you be annoyed if ANOTHER radio opened up?
What annoys you about exisiting radios?
What could we do to make sure you would use our radio instead of the others?

The radio would be of a high quality and not a tacky thing, the layout we had at the last tryout to complete it was of bbc radio 1 calabour and my bro is a wizard at php and has coded a staff panel, including automatic news posts, presenter booking, requests, competition pages, presenter pages and a whole bunch of other unnecessary bits that we were like yeah lets add this this and this to it.

Any other comments? Just give them, i dont care if their negative or positive i just want to know what you guys think about another radio and what would attract you to it if it were opened?

thanks a bunch

danny

Jackbee
16-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Would you be annoyed if ANOTHER radio opened up? - Definitly Not... As long has its hard some hard work dedication and money been put into it.

What annoys you about exisiting radios? - The music they play :P

What could we do to make sure you would use our radio instead of the others? - 24 hours djing - good djs - always look at requests and get communicating with the listeners more

Jackboy
16-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Lol nice splelign Jack lol :P

Basically i think you should extend the "WAY OF THE RADIO". Make your site a fun place to be.. I used to enjoy being on this one site, but then i got bored because they did not keep the momentum going..

So yes, i agree with your proposal to research.

Good luck with it mate

danny-dylan
17-02-2007, 09:31 AM
what do you mean by extend the way of the radio?

Another concept of the radio we were going to release was that it would be a radio, and only a radio. many other habbo radios end up with thousands of pages of tips and tricks and 'stacking tutorials and newbie tutorials for habbo. We wanted to make this radio JUST a radio, that way more time would be placed into the radio and its content, although we would still provide news and other feeatures such as competitions related to habbo. We were going to uncluttter the site be leaving out these tutorials and habbo related articles as they can be found on many of the amazing Habbo Fansites out their. Do you agree with this or not?

Thanks for the comments you two i really appreciate your feedback

Tomm
17-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I suppose it would be okay if you streamed at a decent quality like 128kbps rather then something like 36kbps.

ElliotA
17-02-2007, 09:38 AM
i opened up a radio, it is worth it but it is hard to find a design witch will make all your listeners happy. Good look

danny-dylan
17-02-2007, 10:06 AM
we were going to broadcast at 64kpbs, this meant that we could have a better quality than most radios but still have the server strength if we ever got a load of listeners suddenly swarm on us. If the radio was successfull then we would put more money into it and purchase a much larger server where we could increase the quality.

ElliotA whats you radio called?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!