PDA

View Full Version : Prime Minister to make the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy.

-Sweex
16-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes, the idea of tracking devices of vehicles is so that you pay more money. Basicly this is so that if you go over a speed limit straight away a fine , if you just go down the road it would cost you atleast £5. What do you think of this?

Somebody has set up a petition which can be found HERE (http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/) The petition says:
The idea of tracking every vehicle at all times is sinister and wrong. Road pricing is already here with the high level of taxation on fuel. The more you travel - the more tax you pay.

It will be an unfair tax on those who live apart from families and poorer people who will not be able to afford the high monthly costs.

Please Mr Blair - forget about road pricing and concentrate on improving our roads to reduce congestion.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ON THIS? DISCUSS

-:Undertaker:-
16-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I think Blair and his cronies are just trying to get more money out of the Public, the road congestion is absolute RUBBISH, their lieing through their teeth.

I'll sign petition.

DiscoPat
16-02-2007, 09:42 PM
If it happens then it will be stupid, totally, jeez man..

GommeInc
16-02-2007, 10:09 PM
If they are tagging your car, can't you simply rip it out? Or will it cause even more problems?

-Sweex
16-02-2007, 10:19 PM
It something to do with the numberplate or something

Browney
16-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I hate to say this, but it's a horrible idea.

Ezzie.
16-02-2007, 11:29 PM
heard of this a few years back, was just hearsay then but damn if they're making this then it's going to suck for long distant famillies etc :S but i guess it's a way to stop global warming, making people use public transport instead

*taxing on road miles*

Seacat
17-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Signed it a couple of week ago :p

Browney
17-02-2007, 03:41 PM
I have a grandparent in newcastle but I live in yorkshire. This could cause problems for me & my family.

-Sweex
17-02-2007, 03:55 PM
sign the petition then !

Papershop
17-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I still dont get what you meen. But anyways ive signed it. Wow, more than 1 and a half million, surely it cant go ahead..

-Sweex
17-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Papershop it means bassicly for drivers prices will go sky hgih! SO if you drive down your street it would cost you £5 atleast , not including taxes etc.

velvet
17-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Wow, that's stupid. :l
I signed the petition.

18-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Just saw this today on AOL News....So if you signed the petition expect an email from Tony! :D

Tony Blair is to send an email to the 1.5million people who signed an online petition against road pricing telling them it is "surely part of the answer".

Writing in the Observer, Mr Blair admitted he did not expect to win over critics overnight but said the petition - on the 10 Downing Street website - had provoked a useful debate.

The strength of feeling against Department for Transport plans for a national scheme reached such levels at one point that it crashed the PM's internet site.

The petition calls the policy "sinister and wrong" and warns the charge would be unfair to those who live away from their families, and poorer people

Mr Blair said it "is an opportunity not because I share the petitioners' views - I don't - but because I know the country needs to have a full debate on how we tackle road congestion and this petition has helped spark it".

He added: "Over the next few days I will be sending out a response to everyone who has signed the petition against road charging explaining the problems the country faces and why I believe road pricing is surely part of the answer here as it is in many other countries.

"I'm not kidding myself that this will change people's views overnight. I am convinced, however, that the focus on this issue that the e-petition has brought about will help improve our understanding of the problems and the realisation that there are no cost-free answers."

Browney
18-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Ooh, a c+p'd e-mail. I'm so gonna change my mind. :rolleyes:

Djcafc.
18-02-2007, 05:10 PM
i think its stupid so therefore i signed it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!