PDA

View Full Version : iyar [:

beth
17-02-2007, 01:18 AM
i have a proper shortage of new music atm & i was wondering if you lovely people of the music forum could help [:

i'm looking for like new bands & stuff in like three areaaa's
post hardcore - alexisonfire/circa survive/thursday-esque.
experimental screamo - the blood brothers/neon blonde-esque.

& the last one i'm not sure what you call it but bands like the postal service/ death cab for cutie.

+rep for all suggestions. tarrr. xD

RedStratocas
17-02-2007, 01:41 AM
& the last one i'm not sure what you call it but bands like the postal service/ death cab for cutie.

They're both indie, but Postal Service is more electronic indie. But I would try Iron & Wine, they're very simmilar to Postal/Death Cab, they even have a pretty famous cover of Such Great Heights on the Garden State soundtrack.

Experimental Scremo? Hmmmm, it isnt really screamo, but I know that ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead [Link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=v50qLKa28Ak)]recently toured with Blood Brothers, so maybe check them out? The album Source Tags & Codes is amazing. Oh, and Idiot Pilot [Link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=SiJhPRAsTwg)] is like electronic-screamo

beth
17-02-2007, 01:46 AM
thanks love [: i'll check out everything theree xD.

-edit;
i'm on idiot pilot's myspace now & i really like their stuff [:

samsaBEAR
17-02-2007, 09:07 AM
[quote=RedStratocas;3161804]
Experimental Scremo? Hmmmm, it isnt really screamo, but I know that ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead [Link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=v50qLKa28Ak)]recently toured with Blood Brothers, so maybe check them out? The album Source Tags & Codes is amazing.
no no no
get Worlds Divided. much better

but yeh, um i wouldnt call thursday post hardcore, but whatever floats your boat :p

try these out:

My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Lostprophets, Taking Back Sunday, NoFX, 30 Seconds To Mars, (+44), Blink 182, Billy Talent, L'Arc~En~Ciel, AFI, Disturbed, Aiden, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Linkin Park, Moneen, Muse, Panic! At The Disco, Razorlight, She Wants Revenge, Stone Sour, Trivium, Tenacious D, The Automatic, The Fratellis, The Killers, New Found Glory, Motion City Sountrack, Escape The Fate, A Change Of Pace, Rise Against, Cute Is What We Aim For, Hellogoodbye, Enter Shikari, Kill Hannah, Armor For Sleep, Anti-Flag, The Postal Service, Death Cab For Cutie, A Thorn For Every Heart, Gym Class Heroes, From First To Last, Wolfmother, Hidden In Plain View, All Time Low, Halifax, Silverstein, mewthoutYou, The Pink Spiders, Metric, Metallica, Pantera, Thursday, Hundred Reasons, Sugarcult, Rage Against The Machine, The Fall Of Troy, Alexisonfire, Built To Spill, gay against you, Chiodos, Space Cake, Clutch, Alesana, The Misfits, Fear Before The March Of Flames, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Black Flag, A Static Lullaby, Rediscover, [Old]Green Day, The Iconoclasts, Matchbook Romance, Boys Like Girls, DIEMONSTERDIE, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Fugazi, Atreyu, Towers Of London, Emery, Sunny Day Real Estate, Agito Plus Nine, The Audition, Spitalfield, Lorene Drive, I Am Ghost, Circle Takes The Square, Rites Of Spring, Plain White T's, Saves The Day, Beyond All Reason, Circa Survive, All That Remains, Beyond All Reason, A Day To Remember, Against Me!, Nine Black Alps, These Arms Are Snakes, The Black Maria, Further Seems Forever, Cobra Starsip, Bloc Party

RedStratocas
17-02-2007, 01:50 PM
no no no
get Worlds Divided. much better

I still need to get the rest of their stuff, but from my understanding (from most people and reviews and stuff) they dont even come close to matching ST&C. Ive heard singles and stuff from them, and I didnt really like them as much. And I would truely find it hard to beat.

samsaBEAR
18-02-2007, 11:46 AM
yeh, i meant Worlds Apart lol, i got two mixed up, the other is called -something- Divided

Jim Rotates
18-02-2007, 12:31 PM
similar to postal service/death cab;; rilo kiley; stars; the slip; broken social scene; the elected

summer
18-02-2007, 01:14 PM
They're both indie, but Postal Service is more electronic indie.
i believe the 'buzz word' for it is 'indietronica'

beth
18-02-2007, 01:32 PM
indietronic, oh that word's an eargasm.

RedStratocas
18-02-2007, 01:34 PM
yeh, i meant Worlds Apart lol, i got two mixed up, the other is called -something- Divided

So Divided. It came out last year I think

similar to postal service/death cab;; rilo kiley; stars; the slip; broken social scene; the elected

Broken Social Scene is sooooooo great

i believe the 'buzz word' for it is 'indietronica'

I thought it was Electraindie. Yours is much catchier, so Ill go with that.

beth
18-02-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah i like broken social scene, i've only listened like, to one or two songs though.
i've never listened indepth.

RedStratocas
18-02-2007, 01:39 PM
yeah i like broken social scene, i've only listened like, to one or two songs though.
i've never listened indepth.

They have this song called Windsurfing Nation that's insane. They probably have 20+ people playing in it, its really really good.

Ah! I found it on youtube. Its with this stupid (surprisingly fitting) home made video, but you can just listen to it. [Link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=UI9w-m8GSeo)]. It really picks up around the 1:30 mark

RedStratocas
20-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Hate to bring up this thread again, but there's this band you might like called The Microphones. They have a few songs like Death Cab, some cool accoustic stuff. Here's a song (http://filexoom.com/files/2006/12/16/48948/I%20Felt%20My%20Shape.mp3) [Its the actual file] Im obsessed with right now, its really short but amazing.

And if you like that, you might like The Unicorns

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!