PDA

View Full Version : New Public Groups?

Mentor
17-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, i thought id bring the topic back up. There have been a few topics now, in semi-recent times, calling for the possible addition of new user groups.
For example, Web designers group for example, and a few others which i cant specifically remember the names wanted.

In these topics, it was put over that a private group could not be done, and theyd have to be open like the pixle artists group is now.
Most people said that was fine.
The problem was after this the topic's just sank, and nothing ever happened.

personally id quite like the addition of the web designers group? even is public? and seeing as the pixel artists already have one, it doesn't appear to be anything majorly new, or even hard to implement?

So is there any possibility one might actually be added? Since i quite like the idea of its existence :)

- Bag

---MAD---
17-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Well with the pixel artist group, those that join can help out with the graphics sections and promoting their alts to elites etc.

What would be the benefit of a public web designers group?

MAD

Mentor
17-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Well with the pixel artist group, those that join can help out with the graphics sections and promoting their alts to elites etc.

MAD

Well, as a bit of a cheeting xorex copy:

Well with the web designer group, those that join can help out with the webdesign sections and promoting their tutorials to tutorials forum etc.

So basically its pretty much the same reason, also so people who are especaly interested in helping out, can make themselves stand out as people to ask if you need help in that aria, for exsample?

---MAD---
17-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Well, as a bit of a cheeting xorex copy:

Well with the web designer group, those that join can help out with the webdesign sections and promoting their tutorials to tutorials forum etc.

So basically its pretty much the same reason, also so people who are especaly interested in helping out, can make themselves stand out as people to ask if you need help in that aria, for exsample?
Hmm, I see. I will see what the other forum management think :).

MAD

F32
17-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Me too;

I don't really see why pixel artists should get a public group where as the equally important web designers/coders do not and the same with other things such as gaming.

darkchicken101
17-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Habbox is a Habbo website. They have a pixel artist group to do alts for the site. Webdesign is not the main aim of the site, and so having a webdesign group or any other non-habbo related group is not needed tbh.

Mentor
18-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Habbox is a Habbo website. They have a pixel artist group to do alts for the site. Webdesign is not the main aim of the site, and so having a webdesign group or any other non-habbo related group is not needed tbh.
I disagree, habbox may be a habbo website, but habboxforum isn't necessarily a habbo community, in that the bulk of the contributing uses are habbo players. The habboxforum community encompass a much wider audience than simply that of habbo players, hence i think its justified to cater for the wider community as well. Within the habboxfroum community, there is a very strong web design faction, an entire category and a number of forums are devoted to this aria, and the aria is well used and quite popular.
So i do think a web designers group would be a worthwhile addition to this section and the forum community at large.

darkchicken101
18-02-2007, 11:04 AM
But the Habbox management only made the pixel artist group so that the main site would get alts. You can't go putting up free templates on Habbox or web tutorials, because that has not relevance to the main Habbox site. Sure, it may benefit the forum, but can't you do that anyway?

Mentor
18-02-2007, 11:12 AM
But the Habbox management only made the pixel artist group so that the main site would get alts. You can't go putting up free templates on Habbox or web tutorials, because that has not relevance to the main Habbox site. Sure, it may benefit the forum, but can't you do that anyway?
Well, previously habbox forum contained an elites forum before the gallery was added, the web design section remains in the previous state, in that theres a web design tutorials forum, although you need a mod or staff to move any tutorials in to it.
Also there a multitude of habbo related applications, such as all the habbo content and status scripts, habbo layouts and other things like that. And if wanted a habbo layouts gallery would be a relevant feature for the site would it not?

iJoe
18-02-2007, 06:16 PM

MAD

it dosent mean they do, most people join for the flashy badge, i reguested a logo an got bak a peice of rubbish, a scribbble of paint sating merseymusic, i say take the pixal artist thing off

sierk1
19-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I think it might be good to try more public usergroups, like for webdesign. Maybe 8Freak8 can set it up when he has some more time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!