PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 - Ring of death

Kardan
17-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Some of you may remembered I got a free XBox360 and PSP when I bought two mobile phones. Well my XBox has had the 4 green lights turn into red lights... After restarting a couple of times, I went to the web and found this:
Four lights - Something wrong with the cables etc
Three lights - Hardware failure (Or as the people on the web say: 'The 3 red lights of death')
Two lights - Overheated
One light - System Error

And I just happened to get 3 red lights. So yeah, My XBox has had it, going to call up customer support in a second...
And if they can't fix it, I have to ship it over to MicroSoft.

Sorry if in wrong section by the way. :rolleyes:

*Cry* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsYluyZbqiI&mode=related&search=

kano
17-02-2007, 05:29 PM
sorry to hear it, but this has happened to hundreds of people including me. dont worry about it microsoft will normal get ur console back to you with in 5-7 days of you sending it off.

Papershop
17-02-2007, 05:31 PM
microsoft want to do something with it to imrove the system. It was on bbc not long ago about how many of the customers have had hardware failure after a few months. Have you got insurance for it?

Kardan
17-02-2007, 05:34 PM
microsoft want to do something with it to imrove the system. It was on bbc not long ago about how many of the customers have had hardware failure after a few months. Have you got insurance for it?

Yeah... At least I won't have to pay for a new console...

Papershop
17-02-2007, 05:36 PM
good, because microsoft are giving out any compensation for thier crappy consoles. Usually you would have to pay about £85 to get it fixed

piddle2k6
17-02-2007, 08:10 PM
:o this happenned to my mates xbox not 360 and it said on microsoft he had an uncorrectable error.. he had no insurance and warranty had just ran out

Azul
17-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, mine constantly over-heated. It's currently in for repairs, I miss it like hell. I'm really bored without it.

X:RiX:X
17-02-2007, 09:22 PM
My games crash alot, but no red rings, the xbox 360 in my local game shop has red lights, so that can't be good.

Josh-H
17-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, mine constantly over-heated. It's currently in for repairs, I miss it like hell. I'm really bored without it.
It says you was online 27 minutes ago?

Azul
17-02-2007, 10:50 PM
It says you was online 27 minutes ago?

I was signed into the offical Xbox forums earlier.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!