PDA

View Full Version : Liar

Mrs.McCall
17-02-2007, 10:56 PM
In life, people do things they regret and sometimes it is too late for them to turn back the clock or erase the damage they've made. This was the case of Travis. Travis Jones was a bitter teenager who always felt he had it bad, he wanted revenge on everyone because he felt it was justice. What Travis didn't know was the people he was hurting in the process, the scars he was causing, the tears that were spilt. The only thing Travis ever cared about was himself, until one day, things just went too far...

"I love you though" cried Travis, clinging onto the arm of Jonny, the boy he'd be facinated with for years.
"Love?! You wouldn't know love, I had it and YOU ruined it with your lies" Jonny pushed Travis to the ground. "I had something with Sarah, and you had to ruin it" Jonny had tears in his eyes, he really did love Sarah.
"She doesn't care about you like I do" Travis tried to explain.
"You CARE?! I'd like to see you NOT caring if this is what you thing caring is. Do you want to know what caring is? Caring is knowing everything there is to know about someone. CARING is being able to speak without saying a word because they can read your mind because they love you so much and I had that with Sarah".
"I'm sorry".
"Sorry? It's too late for sorry." Jonny stormed out as Travis lay back on the floor crying. It was all too much for him because he actually did love Jonny, he loved Jonny since the day he met him, the day his big blue eyes flickered when he was talking to him but now Travis had hurt the one person he loved.

The months had gone by and Travis hadn't talked to nobody, he just stayed in. One day Jonny turned up out of the blue, knocked on his door and sat down next to him.
"I had a dream last night" Travis began to explain "and me and you were in the field and we were just happy. That was it, it's all I ever wanted".
Jonny looked Travis in the eyes and kissed his forhead;
"and it is what you might have if you weren't so bitter, twisted and vile. You hurt people and that isn't natural, you have to learn that love has to be earned. Goodbye Travis" Jonny walked out and left Travis numb in shock, it was all too true. Travis grabbed a piece of paper and began writing:

If my lies have been a sin
Forgive me when I'm in heaven
For when I travel upwards
Into those pearly gates
I'll regret everything i've done
I will regret all my mistakes
This is a goodbye
This is an apology too
And to all those i've ever hurt
Farewell and I love you

Those were the last words Travis would ever say. He felt he couldn't survive anymore, he wanted to cut away his web of lies. Some would say the moral of this story is not to lie but sometimes we can't help it. No, the moral of this story, is that no matter how hard thing get, love will carry you through. Because maybe, just maybe, you may be the one thing that brightens a person's world.

The rain fell on the ground and Travis' coffin was lowered and there, stood alone, was Jonny.
"I guess I never got to say I love you back".
If only Travis had been true, everything he ever wanted would've been his. Travis' suffering was all in vein.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!