PDA

View Full Version : I suggest middleman system for traders

^.^
20-02-2007, 04:32 PM
from reading this thread:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=3177786#post3177786
which the forum moderator garion stated "It's been debated whether it counts as evidence, but unfortunately not as it comes from an external source which may be unreliable. It is generally up to Runescape and Habbo to deal with scammers, and unless someone admits/tries to scam on the Forum we have no evidence that we know is reliable." I would like to introduce the middleman system.
I liked the bit where it says " it croms from an external source which may be unreliable" how about we start using internal sources for example moderators, super moderators or assistant forum managers :P they would simply be making sure the trade goes through fairly and everything goes along as planned.
how this works? easy 2 people set up a trade be it a little trade or a big one the middleman holds onto both of the items and gives the right person their item they want and the person that set up the trade buying in the first place pays 50-100k to the middleman for doing this service, nothing comes in free in life does it?
what would this do? it would stop scamming this has worked on lots of forums i have used in the past but only the moderators of the forum do it incase everyone does it and then even more scammers come.
what if something goes wrong? if one person is buying a pin and one person claims it to be an invalid pin the mod will ask for the person that claimed it is an invalid pin for their pass to check the pin and see if it has any days of credit, if the person refuses well the mod cant help can they?
Whats good that comes out of this? Less scamming, less complaints + free money for mods :P
this is only a suggestion please do not flame me for it im only trying to prevent scamming.

helpful comments would be nice :)

Tristan
20-02-2007, 05:59 PM
So basicly they give their stuff to the middleman?
Well, moderators or whatever won't go onto games just to watch people trade. :rolleyes:

8Freak8
20-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Actually it's a good idea, but we have nowhere near enough time to do that. It's up to users if they want to organise that amongst themselves.

micky.blue.eyes
20-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Won't work. Takes too much time for the middlemen and they can still scam. Also you trade at your own risk.

Smurtz
20-02-2007, 06:32 PM
I used to be a MM for a Runescape sites. But eventually the system falls apart, and the MM's you trusted started taking your stuff.

:Jamie
20-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Nah it won't work as mickey said you trade at your own risk.

JB.1
20-02-2007, 06:39 PM
No No No and No! anyway, 50-100k? ***? I take it you mean on runescape?

Nixt
20-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I like the idea, but this is a big Forum and there are far too many trades going on throughout the day. We have nowhere near enough time.

^.^
20-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Garion - waiting list middle man will not be manditory + waiting lists could be set up.
Ymo - I said there would be a 50-100k fee or 10% fee of the total of the currency of one the games they are trading between its a small profit for nothing.
Micky.blue.eyes - i said habbox forum staff such as moderators because i hoped habbox forum would not have scammers work as staff. I did not say just anyone could be a middle man.
Smurtz - some sites have working MM systems you just need solid rules.

F32
20-02-2007, 08:06 PM
So the middleman gets a cut of the trade?

That's just stupid.

Nixt
20-02-2007, 09:27 PM
So the middleman gets a cut of the trade?

That's just stupid.

I suppose a system could be set up, but it would have to be by members and I'd happily do it when and only when I have the time - it would have to be totally voluntary though, because not all Moderators and Administrators would want to do it.
I also wouldn't want a "cut" of the trade, because I have no interest in either Runescape or Habbo anymore :).

sierk
20-02-2007, 10:48 PM
I think if any big trades need to be done, people can ask a moderator that they both trust to help. But it's up to the moderator if he is willing to help.
For small trades it would be too much work I think.

Mentor
20-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Actually it's a good idea, but we have nowhere near enough time to do that. It's up to users if they want to organise that amongst themselves.

Tbh, it sounds like something that could be a staff group within itself, as in an exstention to the habbox help desk, although how youd actualy vet the people to be middle men would be another issue all together?

Couldn't people just ask someone whom is seen as trusted to be a middle man, someone who you traded with before, or that a number of other people will vouch for etc?

Eye!
21-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I say the really trusted people should be the mm's no one else

I also think its up to the mods of the sections to decide, or for RS dan does the trusted list and stuff so maybe him

But like, trusted people like Royal, Dan, ThReAtEnD, Me, etc. people who can get like 12 pages of vouches, enevr scammed before, have a clean record. But I think this is a great idea.

ReviewDude
21-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Thing is, they would have to be:

a) Willing to give up a HEAP of time to do this.
b) Have a Habbo AND a Runescape account.
c) Have to be really trusted.

Now, point C limits the choice down to maybe 30, then B down to 15, finally A, you'd end up with 2-3 people having to do everything - and that isn't fair.

Eye!
21-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Thing is, they would have to be:

a) Willing to give up a HEAP of time to do this.

Now, point C limits the choice down to maybe 30, then B down to 15, finally A, you'd end up with 2-3 people having to do everything - and that isn't fair.
What if its a runescape pin trade? That rules out B

And if you need an mm with trades I got time, i don't play habbo (but i do have an account on almost all hotels) and I am trusted and play runescape. So if you REALLY think you need an mm, you got 2 people here willing to do it already, Garion and I. Both really trusted (not saying I am trusted out of own will, see threads of my trading, it takes a lot to become trusted, and maturity not to scam pixels)

nvrspk4
21-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Sometimes even a MM wouldn't solve it. You can't 100% tell with credit trades or RS Pin trades. The time would be an issue too. I'd do it, but I dunno how many I'd do it for.

deagle
21-02-2007, 05:27 AM
In order for member pins to work, the middle man will have to get the pass to check mail, which I wouldn't trust to anyone, even Dan. Face it, theres always a risk in member pins, always will. But I rather risk it then shell out ten bucks a month.

Throne trades should get middle men, hcs dont bother. If 60k is too much to lose, dont trade.

Bun
21-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Don't trust Dan :(.
He skemm0rd my bronze med :'(.

^.^
21-02-2007, 08:33 AM
ad - the cut is so the MM's are bothered to do it.
reviewdude -a) Willing to give up a HEAP of time to do this.
MM trades dont take that long and not everyone has to do it.
only has to register takes 2mins and its done for good?
deagle - the MM can decline to do mm trades that are using pins and such...
since the MM system is completly voluntary and up to the mods they can choose which trades they want to do and which ones not to, they are not obligated to do anything if the 2 people want to buy more or less.
sierk - i agree with you for little trades, how about big trades take priority over small trades so if the mods have spare time they can do the small trades if they want.

Ashley 12344
21-02-2007, 09:59 AM
I said on another thread about Member pins.

And its not needed for creds anymore.

But would be ok for Thrones I guess.

And if staff received a HC or so every trade, I think they'd want to do it a bit more :P

^.^
21-02-2007, 11:06 AM
as ive said before members pins could be troublesome so staff would not need to do it.
+ maybe a specific usergroup for Middleman?

Frozen..
21-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I think its a good idea, many forums have this method implemented.

Callum.
21-02-2007, 11:51 AM
I do not think it's a good idea.

You are thinking moderators won't run off with 5t over their moderator job? Some people are pixel huggers and wouldn't care if they lost their job for 5t. I think they would. Also, what happens if one gets hacked and a mm starts scamming big.

The ONLY people on this forum that I trust with alot on this forum is Jake, and Conor. I mean, I would go first for maybe a few people, but I don't exactly trust them enough to do big MM trades.

Also, as people have said; we trade at out own risks. If you don't trust the person you are trading with, then don't trade them. There will always be scams, even with MM's. If you ain't got the cash to loose, I don't recommend trading habbo for rune or rune for habbo.

Just my view, but if it ever got put into place, I wouldn't use it.

^.^
21-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Callum - You could do small peaces like 1 at a time if you really dont trust mods that much + im sure some people arnt that sad.
dzzt - thx <3

Tristan
21-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Ymo - I said there would be a 50-100k fee or 10% fee of the total of the currency of one the games they are trading between its a small profit for nothing.

That doesn't really have much to do with my post? The fact is that you're saying that habbox staff would be the middle man. Well, they couldn't as they wouldn't waste their time to watch trades.

:Hazel
21-02-2007, 12:46 PM
ive had to be the middlewoman before and it worked ok. you just have to trust the middle person however i'm not sure mods would want to hang around trading all day & you could never be 100% certain about trusting MODS either. what if they got hacked (which happens alot nowadays) & you didn't know?

^.^
21-02-2007, 02:29 PM
hazel - the person would have to get both the password of the runescape account + the habboxforum account which is quite hard to do..
ymo - it does have something to do with your post you said mods wouldnt just stand around doing trades for nothing the 10&#37; fee is the cost of them having to make sure people can get a trade done without crying on the forum.

redtom
21-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I have a great Idea on how this could work, and most people would agree that its fair, but I cba posting because some one will go post it in the RS forums saying they came up with it lol, I'll post it all later maybe.

myke
21-02-2007, 03:02 PM

ditto.

it's a bad idea, sorry.

^.^
21-02-2007, 07:34 PM
redtom - feel free to pm me it.
syrupmonkey - dont just spam posts saying " i agree " say why and add on...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!