PDA

View Full Version : VPS

ThisNameWillDo!
20-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Ok.. I'm thinking about opening up a really cheap hosting company.. and hopefully it's successful (unlike my last one that I had 0 customers on).

The question is.. where can I buy a good VPS with good spec and not too expensive?

Please post websites here.

Thanks,
Vince.

Edited by Lµke (Forum Moderator): Thread Moved From Web Market. Please post in the correct section next time, Thanks :).

fantazia
20-02-2007, 05:31 PM
If you wanna start a hosting company best bet is your own dedi

Replicada
20-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I can provide you a VPS / Dedi, simple specify what you want and i will get back to you :)

All my Servers are Unmanaged Though.
So up to you, to keep it in pristeen status...

fantazia
20-02-2007, 05:38 PM
How do you offer servers but yet your shared hosting is so small?

Replicada
20-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Brokering, from supppliers that do good deals. I make a valid commission on reslae, hence i classify them as my own servers.

Technically your right, they arent mind. But its more professional to classify them as mine :)

Hehe

ThisNameWillDo!
20-02-2007, 08:26 PM
If you wanna start a hosting company best bet is your own dedi

Too risky.... Would be a waste of around £60+ a month if I got no customers.

Isolde
20-02-2007, 08:29 PM
You should get a group together first on who you think will register up and then open up a hosting company, its what i done and it became successful and if you were to open a PAID hosting, i'd start off with providing free hosting and then moving to paid hosting.

Luckyrare
20-02-2007, 08:33 PM
vpsland.com are very good, if you buy with them go with them I would hightly appreciate if you used my link for commision: http://support.vpsland.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=217 ;')

ebay
21-02-2007, 09:45 AM
contact me
VPS - £23 a month with cpanel/whm, Unmetred Traffic,
Dedi - £43 a month, plesk 8, 600GB Traffic, 2.4GHZ proccessor, 512mb ram

I offer 3 types of vps and over 7 dedis with different specs

with full phone and msn support

contact me

r0b!
21-02-2007, 12:45 PM
i had my vps from vpsland.com it was realy good and at some nice prices

the only thing that i didnt like was i had to w8 about 3-4 days for them to set it up and send me the email with details

other than that i give vps land 9/10 :)

Flisker
21-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Im also looking for a VERY Cheap VPS:

Diskspace: as much as possible
Taffic/Bandwidth: Umetered (if possible)
Paying: Up to $40

ebay
21-02-2007, 06:54 PM
read my post snoop. i can help you out there for about ur budget. my post on page 1:)

Invent
21-02-2007, 06:56 PM
VPSLand are good for Windows VPS, very cheap took a couple of hours for mine to be set up :)

jarhead!
21-02-2007, 06:56 PM
read my post snoop. i can help you out there for about ur budget. my post on page 1:)
no dont buy from ebayseller1, his subplying them form another host, which he cant manage..

ThisNameWillDo!
22-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Hello all,

I've taken a look at all your posts and I thank you for all your suggestions and ideas.

I've taken a look at VPSland and I'm most probably going with them.

Also.. forgot who's idea it was but someone suggested it. I am going to think of some prices and find a group of customers before I get it.

That way I know if I am going to be losing out or gaining money :)

Thanks to you all, once again.

Regards,
Vince.

Ini
22-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Maybe you should start smaller with a reseller?

OR

A Reseller advance?

Than work your way up

Good, cheap host

http://tbhost.co.uk - for VPS, Dedi

fantazia
22-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Hello all,

I've taken a look at all your posts and I thank you for all your suggestions and ideas.

I've taken a look at VPSland and I'm most probably going with them.

Also.. forgot who's idea it was but someone suggested it. I am going to think of some prices and find a group of customers before I get it.

That way I know if I am going to be losing out or gaining money :)

Thanks to you all, once again.

Regards,
Vince.
You can never predict if your going to gain or lose money. You will only know as the time comes. Thats why getting a VPS or Dedi is such a risk. They should only be considered if your reseller goes well or have plans for a bigish company or have the money to "waste".

ThisNameWillDo!
22-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Yes, I have been told by many people to get a cheap reseller now.

However, this is what I did before and some customers didn't want to go with my company just because it was on a reseller... I don't have a clue why.

I persuaded them as much as I could to be hosted by my company but they just wouldn't because it was on a reseller.

In the end I had to close the company due to having NO customers.

I might give it another go but think up some prices and see if anyone would be interested first.

My last company was not planned so this time I will spend time planning and then open it.

Once again, thanks for your ideas!

Regards,
Vince.

ThisNameWillDo!
22-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Maybe you should start smaller with a reseller?

OR

A Reseller advance?

Than work your way up

Good, cheap host

http://tbhost.co.uk - for VPS, Dedi

Ah, you're one of the guys Mark pays to get 2 customers then you get a VPS free? :P

Ini
23-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Maybee :)

How you no mark?

ThisNameWillDo!
23-02-2007, 03:46 PM
I've known him for a while.. Don't remember how I know him though :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!