PDA

View Full Version : Private Server Questions

Ekalb
21-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Just a few questions about private servers because my friend is trying to get me into one of them (It's only got about 100 players usually and is called something like warcraftscape).

Are private servers legal?

Are they supported by Warcraft's owners (Blizzard?)?

If I purchase the 14 day trial for the real version will the software on it work for Private servers or do i need to borrow my mates cds and install them to play on the private server?

Rep for answers :eusa_clap
I'm thinking it could be a good idea for me to play on a private server with my friends and then decide to buy the full version or not.

Lubricant
21-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Private servers for most games are illegal.(Excluding CS:S) Well, the games I have played are. If they're owned by the game company, then they would be legal.

If the private server your friend is telling you about is an illegal server, then your subscription from WoW wouldn't work.

I should think they would talk about private servers in their TOS.

Infrontation
21-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I really do doubt they are legal. Considering you don't have to pay monthly subscription if you use private servers.

sl4rt is banned
21-02-2007, 02:02 PM
They are illegal by some content cant remember what or whatever i really cba to look,

Although chances of you getting caught and Blizz doing something v low tbh

I wouldnt really reccomend a private server they are fun great whatever for like the first day then they absolute suck hell so boring especially if your on your own server like i was once *yawn* so boring :P

And no your WoW subscibtion wouldnt work on private servers as privates servers are free :rolleyes:

So dont bother takes fun out of it & plus reinstalling it whenever you want to change from private server to live servers is sooo boring :P

Neil
21-02-2007, 02:20 PM
I had normal WoW and private server WoW installed at the same time xD I liked them for about 4 days, good fun, easy to level on but after a while it gets dull, I got to like 62 on one then got bored lol

mat64
21-02-2007, 04:39 PM
http://www.hsforum.net has some guides of Private server Emulators, and on running a private server.

So dont bother takes fun out of it & plus reinstalling it whenever you want to change from private server to live servers is sooo boring :P.

How about just copying your WoW directory, using one for Private and one for live?

sl4rt is banned
22-02-2007, 12:12 PM
How about just copying your WoW directory, using one for Private and one for live?

Yeh i know :P when i didnt know that when i ad my private :rolleyes:
Coulda saved hours :p

ZAG
22-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Private servers are rubbish. Most of them contantly disconnect.

mat64
22-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Private servers are rubbish. Most of them contantly disconnect.

You get what you pay for.

Carlos
22-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Hello

Private servers are against the World of Warcraft EULA terms and conditions.

sl4rt is banned
23-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Most of them contantly disconnect.
Well then it must be a real **** server or too many people:rolleyes:

jake4568
27-02-2007, 02:16 PM
to get the private server to work all u would need is to download wow and then u gota do (google it) or ur friend will tell u but u do not need a subscribtion....

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!