PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Withdrawal

PaintYourTarget
21-02-2007, 03:44 PM
At the start of the Iraq war, Tony Blair commited 40,000 UK troops to the campaign. In the "comming months", this with be further reduced to just 5,000.

Source;
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17246357/

Browney
21-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Finally. Atleast they will be coming home.

PaintYourTarget
21-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Well currently, there is only 7,200 odd in Iraq and they are mainly for training the new Iraqi forces and for advising. The British part of Iraq (the South) is mostly secure, excluding the few incidents.
Also, the British controlled Basra is the countries Oil center. Everyone is claiming Bush went to war for Oil yet he still isn't in control of it.

Browney
21-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Well currently, there is only 7,200 odd in Iraq and they are mainly for training the new Iraqi forces and for advising. The British part of Iraq (the South) is mostly secure, excluding the few incidents.
Also, the British controlled Basra is the countries Oil center. Everyone is claiming Bush went to war for Oil yet he still isn't in control of it.

That is one of the things that I have thought.

-:Undertaker:-
21-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Wow thanks Blair for ruining one of the most democratic and safe westernised middle eastern countrys.

Whether or not we withdraw the country isn't going to get better.

Browney
21-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Wow thanks Blair for ruining one of the most democratic and safe westernised middle eastern countrys.

Whether or not we withdraw the country isn't going to get better.

Why blame just Blair? There is a government you know. People WE elect to run the country how we think best. But I do know what you are saying.

21-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Why blame just Blair? There is a government you know. People WE elect to run the country how we think best. But I do know what you are saying.

Because Blair is a stupid poodle who does what his owner tells him to, Blair has killed people because of this war, his hands are red.

RedStratocas
21-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Hah, its amazing how the Bush administration thinks. The people who think withdrawing troops is "cutting and running" are the same people who think that the British troop withdrawal is a sign of progress.

21-02-2007, 05:50 PM
The Iraqi "Government" will eventually collapse and some shiite group (shiite is the more hardcore type of muslim) will then take over.

Browney
21-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Hah, its amazing how the Bush administration thinks. The people who think withdrawing troops is "cutting and running" are the same people who think that the British troop withdrawal is a sign of progress.

Heh. I Never noticed. About that poodle comment, I'm guessing the "owner" is the American Government? And still you refer to the Government as Blair. Blair has advisers AND a whole government, Torie and Labour, to make decisions.

21-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Blair was the one who decided to support Bush

Browney
21-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Blair was the one who decided to support Bush

It did seem a no-brainer at the time. Two of the most powerful western countries seems an extremly strong alliance.

Kymux
21-02-2007, 08:18 PM
No one should blame Blair for anything...

Apart from the war (and higher education fees lol) he has kept a clean country and kept the economy stable and if you look back the past 10 years id say this country's been a nice place to live, no ones perfect everyone just concentrates on his bad points... =/

21-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Blair is..

SOFT on immagration
SOFT on crime
SOFT on Education
LIKES LOTS of Tax
NHS melting down
ILLEGAL war which has ruined peoples lives
DAMAGED international relations

Probley more but there ya go :)

Blairs is 50% resposible for whats happend in Iraq.

GommeInc
21-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I thought this thread was going to say "All troops are being withdrawed." But obviously they can't do that because the Iraqi Nation will collapse the moment all troops leave. As much as people want them all out, there is a cost. A huge war inside Iraq.

Kymux
21-02-2007, 08:55 PM
prrftt conservative

PaintYourTarget
22-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Blair went to war on false accusations provided by his aides and security advisers. Not his fault as he too found out later and came clean

A lot of people forget it was Blair who signed the Good Friday Agreement and bought Peace to Northern Ireland.
People also forget Blair went to war in Kosovo, which was a success.

The 2 campaigns in which Tony Blair went for peace, without George Bush, weren't Fiasco's. Doesn't that suggest something?

Browney
22-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Blair went to war on false accusations provided by his aides and security advisers. Not his fault as he too found out later and came clean

A lot of people forget it was Blair who signed the Good Friday Agreement and bought Peace to Northern Ireland.

The 2 campaigns in which Tony Blair went for peace, without George Bush, weren't Fiasco's. Doesn't that suggest something?

As often, people forget the good never the bad.

22-02-2007, 06:18 PM

We are not talking about Ireland here, we are talking about an illegal war in which thousands have died in, of course blair knew Iraq had no WMD, It was just a excuse to lead us in there.

As it said on News Night last night, the CIS told the President what he wanted to hear.

RedStratocas
22-02-2007, 11:07 PM
SOFT on immagration
SOFT on crime
SOFT on Education
LIKES LOTS of Tax

You cant have it both ways. If you want him stronger on crime and immigration, that means you'll have to pay more taxes, thats the way it works.

23-02-2007, 04:33 PM
You cant have it both ways. If you want him stronger on crime and immigration, that means you'll have to pay more taxes, thats the way it works.

Not really, we have spend billions on things like illegal wars and we are still spending billions on it.

Browney
23-02-2007, 04:41 PM
We are not talking about Ireland here, we are talking about an illegal war in which thousands have died in, of course blair knew Iraq had no WMD, It was just a excuse to lead us in there.

As it said on News Night last night, the CIS told the President what he wanted to hear.

It was proved he had no idea. The information was unreliable.

23-02-2007, 04:45 PM
American compainies have made billions out of oil profits, also if it was a mistake and the information was reliable why doesn't he ADMIT it?

Browney
23-02-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm pretty sure he has hinted at it. But if you want a full, frank apology, then I suppose you're right.

RedStratocas
23-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Not really, we have spend billions on things like illegal wars and we are still spending billions on it.

Well thats what happens in war, billions of dollars are spend. But you cant complain about taxes and want funding for something increase, thats not logical.

And what war IS legal? There's no worldwide law.

Browney
23-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Well thats what happens in war, billions of dollars are spend. But you cant complain about taxes and want funding for something increase, thats not logical.

And what war IS legal? There's no worldwide law.

He's right you know. There's no spare money in the government as they only raise taxes if they need to improve something. So you either want better education or less taxes.

TheLastShadow
23-02-2007, 05:24 PM
We CANNOT pull them all out as much as we want to. If we do you know waht will happen. Everything will become chaos again. Look we voted for Bush again in office because we all wanted revenge from 9/11. We all wanted to get back at the terrorists because of waht they did.Now were all changing out minds. Well too late. You cant take them out untill everything is done. All we can hope for is if the Iraqi forces can uphold them selves.

PaintYourTarget
23-02-2007, 07:03 PM
I brought up Northern Ireland as it was a success Tony Blair achieved, one you over looked when you pointed out biased accusations of his failures.

He has admitted the information was false. On many occasions. There's also been inquires, official government ordered inquires, about it.

Browney
23-02-2007, 07:21 PM
I brought up Northern Ireland as it was a success Tony Blair achieved, one you over looked when you pointed out biased accusations of his failures.

He has admitted the information was false. On many occasions. There's also been inquires, official government ordered inquires, about it.

Yeah, I thought he did admit it.

PaintYourTarget
23-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I thought he did admit it.
I remember the press having a field day. Didn't it lead to one of the top Doctors who compiled the reports committing suicide/being murdered which was documented in the Hutton Report?

Browney
23-02-2007, 08:39 PM
I remember the press having a field day. Didn't it lead to one of the top Doctors who compiled the reports committing suicide/being murdered which was documented in the Hutton Report?

I thought so. His death was sort of mysterious. Which is why this whole conspiracy over the Government trying to hide the war was illegal story emerged. I think there's a new show on BBC 2 soon that investigates the theories.

Correct me if I'm wrong. My memory is not so great.

PaintYourTarget
24-02-2007, 12:41 AM
I thought so. His death was sort of mysterious. Which is why this whole conspiracy over the Government trying to hide the war was illegal story emerged. I think there's a new show on BBC 2 soon that investigates the theories.

Correct me if I'm wrong. My memory is not so great.
I'm doing this from memory too, but I think that's what happened.
Unfortunately, all these tv programmes are extremely biased. I don't bother watching them.

24-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Yes his death was very suspicious, governments will do anything to stop the truth from coming out.

I guess we'll only know in 40 years what happened to Docter Kelly.

PaintYourTarget
27-02-2007, 04:22 PM
The point of bringing up David Kelly was because he had told the BBC that a lot of the information in the Iraq Dossiers had been fabricated or exaggerated.

Browney
27-02-2007, 05:00 PM
There is only suspicions and I like to think our government is more civilised then just killing people because they don't like what they are hearing.

lAdmire
27-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Even though we are supposed to stick together [us countries] && help eachother out. I think war shouldn't be one of them because we are sending troops out to help a country to fight && we're getting killed when it has nothing to do with us. && first of all this all started just because President Bush wanted to give payback to the Iraqi's && all those people. I think he should've stopped once they did their attack && this whole thing, in my opinion, would've ended. Obv he didn't learn the saying two wrongs don't make a right.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!