PDA

View Full Version : New Habbo Country Manager! [uk]

Imp!
23-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Yeah so anyway I becs said it at her talkshow I didnt screenie quick enough but I got her saying she met him yesterday and hes great and hes worked with the company for two weeks already, she wont tell us who he is we have to wait and see!

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4206/newcountrymanagerinuklc6.png (http://imageshack.us)

look at what becs said

letisix
23-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Cool. Not me then. Since i didert go to london lol.

Rolah
23-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow... :) I wonder who it is, maybe it's Colmc.
I think he would be an amazing hotel manager really.

Spotted
23-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Colmc is the Assistant Site Producer (Assistant Hotel Manager). They've not told anyone other than staff members the name of this mysterious country manager.

Jordie
23-02-2007, 05:34 PM

it cant be colmc if hes only been working for 2 weeks with the company, colmc has been working for uk for a while now

Rolah
23-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah but isn't it kind of strange the way Colmc just came straight into the assistant hotel manager position? especially late? I can't wait to find out who the new hotel manager is, and I hope they do lots of fun things and get involved with the community, if they don't.. then theyre quite frankly doomed.

mlp16
23-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Another Hotel Manager? Lost_Witness Leaving? This Is New To Me ;]

hope Its a ACTIVE! Hotel Manager

TrueColours
23-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I have already made a party room if lost_witness is leaving.

ÂșNotesÂș
23-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Is the Country Manager the Hotel Manager? :S

Rolah
23-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't want Chris to leave :( Maybe he'll be going to work in Finland, or another country, maybe they've made a new hotel he's being transferred to Habbo Ireland. Thats what they done in the USA and Canada, they switched the staff.. So the USA staff went to Canada and the Canada staff went to the USA.

PaulMacC
23-02-2007, 05:40 PM
ITS A COUNTRY MANAGER
NOT A HOTEL MANAGER
COUNTRY HAS HARDLY ANYTHING TO DO WITH HOTEL MANAGER

letisix
23-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Is the Country Manager the Hotel Manager? :S

Lolo, I want to know this.

F32
23-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't want Chris to leave :( Maybe he'll be going to work in Finland, or another country, maybe they've made a new hotel he's being transferred to Habbo Ireland. Thats what they done in the USA and Canada, they switched the staff.. So the USA staff went to Canada and the Canada staff went to the USA.
Or maybe he wants a life outside of a pixel hotel...

Annnywho - good news.

PaulMacC
23-02-2007, 05:49 PM
I'll give everyone here 1 hc each if Chris leave's.
Bec's said ages ago on HabboHut that it was a new Country manager and you'll see him in the future.
He works offline habbo tho comes on sometimes
Kinda like Buubar

DPS
23-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Still think colmc = lost_witness

on topic: nice find

F32
23-02-2007, 05:53 PM

So, when he does leave - I want my HC.

Imp!
23-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Colmc is the Assistant Site Producer (Assistant Hotel Manager). They've not told anyone other than staff members the name of this mysterious country manager.
hes been in the office ?

F32
23-02-2007, 05:58 PM
I like how everyone thinks they know everything when they quite clearly don't.

Rolah
23-02-2007, 06:01 PM
The country manager is the hotel manager, on the Sulake website they don't write on the openings page 'Hotel Manager' they write 'Country Manager' because they're managing the country, not the hotel. Sulake manage the Hotel. There's a country mnager for every Hotel IE: UK - Lost_Witness, SG - Saffron and so on and forth..

TrueColours
23-02-2007, 06:02 PM
does country manager meen hotel manager.. or profits w.e ?

ReviewDude
23-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Still think colmc = lost_witness

He isn't. I asked him at the Fansite meeting and his reply was "Do you think I have time to run around on two accounts, whilst still doing my desk job?"

The country manager is the hotel manager, on the Sulake website they don't write on the openings page 'Hotel Manager' they write 'Country Manager' because they're managing the country, not the hotel.

Wrong. It's because they don't hire people to be Hotel Manager striaght off, do they?

Dj_dude007
23-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I didn't realise that Hotel Manager and Country Manager were the same thing. I actually don't think they are. I have seen on Sulake.com before, careers advertised for Hotel Manager and Country Manager. I thought that Country Manager dealt mainly with finances etc and more behind the scenes work.

Rolah
23-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Colmc's name is 'Colin MC____' and Lost_Witness' name is Chris Burton, so two highly different names.. They're not the same people, and DJ_Dude007. The people who do the stuff behind the scenes are Sulake lol, if there was a Country Manager and a Hotel Manager they definately wouldn't be working in the same office.. The higher member would be in the Finland Headquarters.

TrueColours
23-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I dont think such a inactive hotelmanager would be on a assistant hotel manager just to play fun and games..

Colmc's name is 'Colin MC____' and Lost_Witness' name is Chris Burton, so two highly different names.. They're not the same people, and DJ_Dude007. The people who do the stuff behind the scenes are Sulake lol, if there was a Country Manager and a Hotel Manager they definately wouldn't be working in the same office.. The higher member would be in the Finland Headquarters.

F32
23-02-2007, 06:07 PM
I love it when people who think they know everything are proven wrong.

Dj_dude007

All staff who work at Habbo, work for Sulake. The Country Manager would be incharge at the office for which ever country they are at.

Barmi
The country manager is the hotel manager, on the Sulake website they don't write on the openings page 'Hotel Manager' they write 'Country Manager' because they're managing the country, not the hotel. Sulake manage the Hotel. There's a country mnager for every Hotel IE: UK - Lost_Witness, SG - Saffron and so on and forth..
Country Manager is different to Site Producer/Content Manager. Country Manager deals with the logistics and management of the regional office, and is the link between the regional and global HQs, AFAIK. Hotel Manager is the Site Producer/Content Manager AFAIK, which is totally different (and job title says it all, really). :p

If you think people are wrong, then wait until the Country Manager is unveiled, and see if Lost_Witness is still Hotel Manager. ;) And he will be.

Jordy
23-02-2007, 06:11 PM

Correction, the Sulake HQ of England (NOT HABBO HQ) is actually in Heartfordship if I remember correctly. Remember, Sulake doesn't mean habbo? The country manager is probaly in good contact with the Habbo site producer (Hotel manager) as Habbo is Sulake's main product, but Sulake's country manager will deal with fiances like dj_dude007 said and also sort out other sulake products, coke music or w/e and there mobile things, busy person I imagine.

Rolah
23-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Correction, the Sulake HQ of England (NOT HABBO HQ) is actually in Heartfordship if I remember correctly. Remember, Sulake doesn't mean habbo? The country manager is probaly in good contact with the Habbo site producer (Hotel manager) as Habbo is Sulake's main product, but Sulake's country manager will deal with fiances like dj_dude007 said and also sort out other sulake products, coke music or w/e and there mobile things, busy person I imagine.

Correction, there are no Sulake Headquarters in England, there are only Habbo offices which is a worldwide branch of the Sulake HQ. There's only one Sulake HQ where Timo and so on work.. Because the UK staff in the Habbo Offices don't manage Cokemusic and so on, where as Sulake do. And the Habbo Offices are in Upper Islington in the Business Design Centre. About 5 minutes from my apartment, and Cokemusic is managed in one office in the USA, they don't have a Hotel Manager, they are run by a group of staff like Habbo, and why would the Country Manager for Habbo Hotel have anything to do with Cokemusic/any other production that Sulake have put together? Thats just waffle, I think..

As for the rest of you.. I stand corrected :P I guess the country manager and the hotel manager are the same thing after all lol, but yeah.. I stand corrected, it's not really an obvious difference between the two of them though.

F32
23-02-2007, 06:18 PM
As for the rest of you.. I stand corrected :P I guess the country manager and the hotel manager are the same thing after all lol, but yeah.. I stand corrected, it's not really an obvious difference between the two of them though.
You contradicted yourself so much there.

Jordy
23-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm positive Sulake has a English base.

Rolah
23-02-2007, 06:20 PM
If a contradiction is what it takes to admit that I was wrong then a contradiction I shall make of myself, yes I have self-pride which is why I can admit I was wrong freely and openly without putting up a fight, and yes Jordy.. They do, the Habbo Offices, a worldwide branch and extension of the Sulake HQ. But there's only *ONE* Sulake Headquarters and that's in Finland - Helsinki which is why the Hotel Managers sometimes have meetings there, and there's a cute shop dedicated to everything 'Hello Kitty!' near there where you can buy all the merchandise ;3 Yay for Hello Kitty.

Browney
23-02-2007, 06:31 PM
They did say Chris was temporary. Aw well.

TrueColours
23-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh be quiet already, It's over country manager isnt hotel manager end of, close thread kiss kiss of to habbomeadowforum.com for a while.

Day.
23-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Country manager and the Hotel manager are differnt things if I remeber rightly.. when Callie was HOTEL manager Smash was the Country Manager. And i'm sure he left a while ago seems like they have finally got someone new. L_W will still be the Hotel manager and also they made him permenant a while back from just being a temp.

Stephhems
23-02-2007, 06:41 PM
country managers arnt the same as hotel managers, are they?

F32
23-02-2007, 06:41 PM
They did say Chris was temporary. Aw well.
It was announced he was permanent.

Diff
23-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I like how everyone thinks they know everything when they quite clearly don't.

Lol.

I am sure this has already been said, but Hotel manager and Country manager are two different things.

Country manager looks after the English branch of Sulake (Meaning the UK Habbo offices), and in charge of the office. Hotel Manager/site producer is a much lower job to country manager.

And yeah, there is only one Sulake HQ.

Russia
23-02-2007, 07:47 PM

kk ;]

i dont want chris too leave :'(

F32
23-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Lol.

I am sure this has already been said, but Hotel manager and Country manager are two different things.

Country manager looks after the English branch of Sulake (Meaning the UK Habbo offices), and in charge of the office. Hotel Manager/site producer is a much lower job to country manager.

And yeah, there is only one Sulake HQ.
Lets settle this.

You're all wrong.

Sulake has offices in the UK

Yes, it is the Habbo Offices but it is technically Sulake UK and therefore it's the Sulake UK office.

The Main HQ is in Helsinki, Finland but they have Sulake offices all around the world.

Browney
23-02-2007, 08:27 PM
It was announced he was permanent.

Was it? I missed that bit. I just remember seeing the original message which said he is too take over for a while.

Barmi
23-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Lets settle this.

You're all wrong.

Yes, it is the Habbo Offices but it is technically Sulake UK and therefore it's the Sulake UK office.

The Main HQ is in Helsinki, Finland but they have Sulake offices all around the world.
If I remember correctly, their UK offices in the BDC are registered under "Habbo Ltd.", not Sulake.

F32
23-02-2007, 08:41 PM
If I remember correctly, their UK offices in the BDC are registered under "Habbo Ltd.", not Sulake.

Sulake UK Ltd
52 Upper Street, Islington
London N1 0QH, UK

It was ages ago btw Adam.

Easo
23-02-2007, 08:48 PM
There is nothing to suggest that Chris will be leaving Habbo UK, the Country Manager position is totally different to that of the Hotel Manager. Try and get that into your head if you think that we are getting a new Hotel Manager, we are not!

The Country Manager is a totally different role within the Habbo UK branch and is much higher than the Hotel Manager position.

Does knowbody remember Pret and Jibbi? They were Country MGR and Hotel MGR - Two different people for two DIFFERENT jobs!

Barmi
23-02-2007, 09:05 PM
It was ages ago btw Adam.
Funnily enough, I didn't post without checking first - the Business Design Centre has their company listed as Habbo Ltd.

Personally, I think they just use either/or, and it's a totally trivial matter - because Habbo and Sulake are pretty much synonymous at this point in time.

--ss--
23-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Rolah you are incorrect they are compeltely two seprate things , Hotelmanager is incharge of the events and the basic running inside of habbo.co.uk the country manager is in charge of advertising etc , the old country manager was Smash , if they were the same thing then wouldn't it mean smash was callie? :rolleyes:

Russia
23-02-2007, 09:50 PM
No :\ why would callie still be working for sulake? where the hell did you get that in your head?

Browney
23-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh well if it was ages ago it would suit since I haven't been on in ages.

Transmitting
23-02-2007, 09:58 PM

Its country manager, not hotel manager.

Country Manager is responcible for all the business side of things.

Black_Apalachi
23-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Good find. :)

e5.
23-02-2007, 10:28 PM
btw colmc has been working at habbo longer than 2 weeks LOL

Imp!
23-02-2007, 10:50 PM
yeah for anyone who thinks its him....

F32
23-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Funnily enough, I didn't post without checking first - the Business Design Centre has their company listed as Habbo Ltd.

Personally, I think they just use either/or, and it's a totally trivial matter - because Habbo and Sulake are pretty much synonymous at this point in time.
I wasn't talking about that with that post - I was talking about the hotel manager thing Cola pointed out.

Antony
24-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Correction, there are no Sulake Headquarters in England, there are only Habbo offices which is a worldwide branch of the Sulake HQ. There's only one Sulake HQ where Timo and so on work.. Because the UK staff in the Habbo Offices don't manage Cokemusic and so on, where as Sulake do. And the Habbo Offices are in Upper Islington in the Business Design Centre. About 5 minutes from my apartment, and Cokemusic is managed in one office in the USA, they don't have a Hotel Manager, they are run by a group of staff like Habbo, and why would the Country Manager for Habbo Hotel have anything to do with Cokemusic/any other production that Sulake have put together? Thats just waffle, I think..

I find it funny how you had to add the bit "It's right near my apartment" lol - I really wouldn't be surprised if you had a tent parked outside the office door. You need a reality check so much Naomi or whatever your name is mr/miss.

Sulake made CokeMusic and sold it to them, they aren't based in the USA Habbo offices. Sulake isnt soely Habbo, It's their biggest franchise yes but it isnt all they produce and mann.

Thats because its called Site Producer, not Hotel Manager.

I think you need to stick to the day job, that being a Habbo addict and a staff run around after, oh and someone who rings the offices probably every day. You really should get up on your facts before saying things that just make you laughablle. honestly

Lets settle this.

You're all wrong.

Correction: Rolah is wrong. He/she is the person who started throwing around that Country Managers and Site Producers were the same post. But yeh, What you said was right and good luck to this new Country Manager. The UK needs some real unique stuff and fun activities so I guess all the new brains count eh

le harry
24-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Colmc isnt old, he has been around for ages. He was Lost_witness's friend before he became into any power with Sulake.

Art
24-02-2007, 08:57 AM
She met someone on the street and hired him?

Geez their getting desperate.

F32
24-02-2007, 12:13 PM
She met someone on the street and hired him?

Geez their getting desperate.
That's not the only thing she did on the street that day.

Kardan
24-02-2007, 12:16 PM
The Country Manager is NOT the Hotel Manager (Site Producer)

Smash was the old country manager and he left a while back...

Liz♥
24-02-2007, 01:26 PM
The Country Manager is NOT the Hotel Manager (Site Producer)

Smash was the old country manager and he left a while back...

With Callie :P

H0BJ0B
24-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Erm... This was kind of announced in the last talkshow with Al-Gave... He is from AOL and is very talented with his skillls.... I kind of made a post years ago... But no evidence -.-

ZL2.
24-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Erm... This was kind of announced in the last talkshow with Al-Gave... He is from AOL and is very talented with his skillls.... I kind of made a post years ago... But no evidence -.-
Is it me or do most Sulake staff have previously worked with AOL in their past :s.

H0BJ0B
24-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Lolness :)

Al-Gave
24-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Lost_Witness is not leaving. The Country Manager is in charge of the Site Production team which is the team Lost_Witness is on. The current HM is going nowhere.

Nike
24-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh, i knew he wasn't anyway lol.

F32
24-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Lost_Witness is not leaving. The Country Manager is in charge of the Site Production team which is the team Lost_Witness is on. The current HM is going nowhere.
Whey, someone with some respect.

Shawnstra
25-02-2007, 02:14 AM
Personally, I think that if L_W continues being our HM, Habbo will go down the drain.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!