PDA

View Full Version : You hacking ******* (Joke lol)

R
25-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Isn't it wierd that three people from HxForum get hacked this week, one including me, although the ******s didnt get me cause i noticed when i was on..

But i'm starting to think its something to do with HxForum ;S

zak-x
25-02-2007, 12:55 AM
yay ^__^

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks :).

Rashelly
25-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Who else got hacked?
Highly doubt it's anything t do with hxf

R
25-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Who else got hacked?
Highly doubt it's anything t do with hxf
Me, Time_Freeze, and Mr Macro...

Nixt
25-02-2007, 01:00 AM
In what way would Habbox Forum be involved in the cracking of passwords of Runescape accounts?

T0M
25-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Not sure he actually thinks its anything with habbox forum itself but maybe some1 on here :o Just guessing, and no probs just a coincidence

bo$$
25-02-2007, 01:19 AM
In what way would Habbox Forum be involved in the cracking of passwords of Runescape accounts?

Not accusing ANYONE of anything..
Id probably be too much of a hassle to bother with as well lol
but could you see the passwords of members for the forum?
If someone was to do something couldnt they easily *try* the password for the Runescape account of the person?

Once again not accusing anyone. Just saying

Mr.Sam
25-02-2007, 01:25 AM
mods/super mod's/admin cannot see passwords.

If someone was to do something couldnt they easily *try* the password for the Runescape account of the person?

Nixt
25-02-2007, 01:25 AM

No Super Moderator or Administrator of the Forum can see the password you use :). When people lose their accounts, or have them otherwise accessed it comes down to PC security, or their own mistakes.

benjamin
25-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Administrators on Habbox cannot see passwords, so if any of you, thread maker or one of the repliers was hinting that, then that plan has gone down the drain.

Also, when you joined the forum I'm pretty sure it says not to have your forum account password as your Habbo/Runescape password anyway.

EDIT: K pretty much been said above.

R
25-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Actually, i used to have a vb, and its very easy to see passwords.

T0M
25-02-2007, 01:32 AM

true but only VERY silly people would have same password, and if they did tbh they deserve to get hacked

Nixt
25-02-2007, 01:33 AM

Is it? I don't think it is... Administrators can see the password "box" in AdminCP; should they need to edit the password, but they cannot see the password you use.

Axel
25-02-2007, 01:35 AM
What usually happens is one person gets hacked, and some idiots go 'Hey, maybe if we pretend we got hacked, we'll get donations' so they make threads too.

T0M
25-02-2007, 01:37 AM
What usually happens is one person gets hacked, and some idiots go 'Hey, maybe if we pretend we got hacked, we'll get donations' so they make threads too.

oO didnt think of that, guess this guy could be right tbh, coz your the only one who prooved you got hacked think, not that im saying the other 2 was lieing just could be an idea...

crans
25-02-2007, 01:38 AM
oh noes *dont hax me plzzzz*

lol, vBulletin is pretty secure and the passwords which are used are MD5 encrypted so admins CANNOT see your passwords unless they decrypted the passwords.

bo$$
25-02-2007, 01:38 AM

No Super Moderator or Administrator of the Forum can see the password you use :). When people lose their accounts, or have them otherwise accessed it comes down to PC security, or their own mistakes.

Administrators on Habbox cannot see passwords, so if any of you, thread maker or one of the repliers was hinting that, then that plan has gone down the drain.

Also, when you joined the forum I'm pretty sure it says not to have your forum account password as your Habbo/Runescape password anyway.

EDIT: K pretty much been said above.

Ahhh Okay :) Well then I doubt you got hacked by anyone from the forum..

Nixt
25-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Ahhh Okay :) Well then I doubt you got hacked by anyone from the forum..

If they have, it's certainly not an Administrator. As I said, it comes down to PC security or common sense; if your password has been stolen it is because you gave it away or otherwise revealed it, perhaps without knowing it, due to a keylogger on your computer or something.

Mentor
25-02-2007, 01:49 AM

no you havent, that or your stupid, VB like most good forum software creates a 1 way hashes the password which is then stored in the db, when you enter a pw to log in, it redoes the hash and matches it agiasnt the one in the db, the password is never stored. Well unless a modifation to the sourcefiles is made to change this, which is almost definitly not the case.
Also youd be stupid to use the same passwords "/

R
25-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Actually, its easy to make it not encrypt the passwords so you can simply view the users password.

Mr-know-it-all-entor, seeing as i did it before i think i know its possible to take the encrypting system thing off..

crans
25-02-2007, 01:51 AM
oO didnt think of that, guess this guy could be right tbh, coz your the only one who prooved you got hacked think, not that im saying the other 2 was lieing just could be an idea...

Actually, its easy to make it not encrypt the passwords so you can simply view the users password.

either way, did any of the people who got hacked said they used the same password as they used on habboxforum as there runescape password?

nope.

R
25-02-2007, 01:51 AM
I don't either.. I was just saying.

Mentor
25-02-2007, 01:56 AM

Mr-know-it-all-entor, seeing as i did it before i think i know its possible to take the encrypting system thing off..
It doesn't encrypt passwords mr-know-it-all-Xiwl it hashes them, very different process. Plus as i said its easy to modify a few source files, i just said habbox are not such sad-acts or so stupid that they would commit phishing fraud in order to get some pixelated graphics...:rolleyes:

R
25-02-2007, 02:08 AM
I now understand your signature...

Warning:
> Grumpy Git
> Resident ***hole

INFORMATlON
25-02-2007, 02:23 AM
The only way i could see that happening would be, you gave someone your PW, or your habbox pw was ur rs pw and someone got crazy but idk im fine
5m on my acc still

deagle
25-02-2007, 06:23 AM

I dont think I'll ever sign up on your forum now...if you ever get another

Ashley 12344
25-02-2007, 09:28 AM
o.O maybe someone has a passcracker and is cracking all the people he doesn't like on HxF

Bun
25-02-2007, 09:46 AM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not accuse other members of hacking, thanks :).

Blinger1
25-02-2007, 10:05 AM
im pretty sure habbopaper had vBulletin and i got the SQL backup of it, and i can see all the passwords in md5 form??

[Jay]
25-02-2007, 10:15 AM
It could be someone from habbox who knows but i want to qoute someone who says this on here dont know who it is but "What goes around comes around" thats mainly aimed at time freez
Sorry to hear you all got hacked :(

Seagy
25-02-2007, 10:17 AM
I dont believe This forum Hacks people :S

Its al Bull :D

Dont use same pass on this forum as any else i wud say if thats make ur mkae pretty :D

Think this forum hacks u? Leave the forum :D

Nightmare,
25-02-2007, 11:40 AM
I sent u all a killa virus and then hakd ya soz

R
25-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Im not saying it was the forum i was just saying its wierd 3 people from HxF get hacked..

:Jakey
25-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I think its strange too , since my other acc which i wc on got hacked. i dont actually care cause it was f2p and not planning on using it but.. still something is going on :eusa_wall

Tiked
25-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Me, Time_Freeze, and Mr Macro...

Xiwl me and Lysosome also

DJ-Vimto
25-02-2007, 12:55 PM
aye, unfortunately the number seems to be increasing, who knows who'll get struck down next.

i kinda knew something wasnt right with mine as soon as i logged in, cos i wasnt where i was when i last logged out so i was like "wth where am i"

after a couple of minutes walking about i discovered that i had somehow got from the hobgoblin thing near the crafting guild to south east varrock :s

Callum.
25-02-2007, 01:01 PM
People here get hacked all the time. No biggy.

348GTS
25-02-2007, 01:17 PM

Exactly. There are no boards that enable you to see peoples passwords.

OmgK
25-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I got hacked 19m, about that amount.

And why would you use you runescape password on here, I shure dont. :)

R
25-02-2007, 04:39 PM
I got hacked 19m, about that amount.

And why would you use you runescape password on here, I shure dont. :)
Neither do i...

Orangeesh
25-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Maybe your right mayb it is something to do with habbox forum
i highly doubt it though

Mr Macro
25-02-2007, 08:27 PM

Technically impossible, HxF doesn't offer any .exe downloads so no keylogging.Also, i could have been hacked in the space of 2002 to now.

Just a coincidence :)

raspberrys
25-02-2007, 08:29 PM
You only get hacked if you deserved it. Its not just random, and its not necessarily to do whether your rich or not.

Also XSS scripting could have been used (if any of you know what I mean).

It was done on a noob site called neopets a couple years back ;) Cookie grabbing.

BobX
25-02-2007, 08:44 PM
omg you got hacked? :(:(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!