PDA

View Full Version : 2 players 1 profile on gears of war?

Pixel
02-03-2007, 08:27 PM
The other day me and a friend were going to play split screen online but it wouldn't let him sign in as a guest, I dunno if we were doing it right but I was signed in, then I went to the player match menu, he pressed Y and went on my profile but then a msg came up saying a gamer profile needs to be signed in or something and I was..

Does anyone know what we were doing wrong?

+rep for everyone that helps

Neil
02-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Both people have to be gold on xbox live

Pixel
02-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah I know but 2 players can play with the same profile

This is how I done it but it didnt work:

Log on the profile with gold membership
Go to player match menu
Press Y for guest sign in
Go onto the profile player 1 is logged onto (with xbl gold)

But it didn't work

Neil
02-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah I know but 2 players can play with the same profile

This is how I done it but it didnt work:

Log on the profile with gold membership
Go to player match menu
Press Y for guest sign in
Go onto the profile player 1 is logged onto (with xbl gold)

But it didn't work

No I'm pretty sure you need seperate Gamertags, me and my uncle did it when he got GoW two seperate ones works but I don't think that the same one does because you'll be sorta duplicating everything and it will get all weird xD

Callum.
02-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Log on to a game like call of duty. Go to the match bit and both sign in, one as a guest and one the reall account. Now load up gears and play :).

Pixel
02-03-2007, 09:11 PM
No I'm pretty sure you need seperate Gamertags, me and my uncle did it when he got GoW two seperate ones works but I don't think that the same one does because you'll be sorta duplicating everything and it will get all weird xD

Yeah there is a way cos there's always people on unranked matches like:

profilename
profilename[1]

Log on to a game like call of duty. Go to the match bit and both sign in, one as a guest and one the reall account. Now load up gears and play :).

Ohh, I only got 3 other games, Pro evo, nfs carbon & top spin, i'll try that on one of them, I dunno if it will work with these though

Is there not a way of just doing it on gears because when your on the player match menu it says press Y for guest sign in

Neil
02-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Why don't you just make another gold account? I'm sure the xbox lets you make more than one :S

Callum.
02-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah there is a way cos there's always people on unranked matches like:

profilename
profilename[1]

Ohh, I only got 3 other games, Pro evo, nfs carbon & top spin, i'll try that on one of them, I dunno if it will work with these though

Is there not a way of just doing it on gears because when your on the player match menu it says press Y for guest sign in'

Not that I know off. I'll ask around.

Pixel
02-03-2007, 09:19 PM
I just found out how you do it!

I'll paste it incase anyone else wants to know:

1. Make sure the second controller is turned on and is not signed in to xbox live.
2. From the main menu select VERSUS then select XBOX LIVE PLAYER MATCH
3. At the bottom of the VERSUS PLAYER MATCH screen you should see this “Y Guest SIGN-IN”
4. On the second controller press Y then select “Guest Xbox Live” from the list that drops down.
5. That’s it, you are now ready to play with your guest

I didn't see the "Guest Xbox Live" because I didnt scroll through the profiles so I missed it!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!