A Interactive Site,

A Design Your Own Person, From One Of These;

Fairy's
Troll's
Knight's
Queen's
Witch's
And much more.

Earn points to buy extra clothes, with the Fantasy Shop.

Partpicate in battles to win some land.

Build a Castle, Fortress, Underground Lair And much more.

And A VB Forum Community which lots of kool hacks.

I hope to be done by september i know it sounds ages but i want it to be superb.

Any other things i should add to the project to improve? post below.

Also if you would like to help Just post here :D

Thanks Jake

Invent
03-03-2007, 09:04 PM
So im guessing you know most of these languages?:

AJAX, PHP, ASP, CSS, HTML (duh), JS and perhaps DHTML?

Also, why has is it called "Fantasy HABBO World" when it has no relation to Habbo whatsoever?

Splinter
03-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Why is it called Project Fantasy Habbo when its nothing to do with Habbo Hotel?

rnix
03-03-2007, 09:05 PM
OOops i dont kno why it has habbo -Edits-

Splinter
03-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Ok but it just seems like another browser based fantasy game. Thats a big market which you are trying to get into and you need a really good client and new ideas to be able to make a success of your idea.

Good luck!

Mentor
03-03-2007, 09:10 PM
So im guessing you know most of these languages?:

AJAX, PHP, ASP, CSS, HTML (duh), JS and perhaps DHTML?

Also, why has is it called "Fantasy HABBO World" when it has no relation to Habbo whatsoever?
To be fair your never really going to use asp and php, its almost always one or the other. also Html is just javascript and html, and AJAX is just javascript and something server side, php, asp, rails, etc

Cixso
03-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Good luck, nice idea, just this may need alot of money

Invent
03-03-2007, 09:15 PM
To be fair your never really going to use asp and php, its almost always one or the other. also Html is just javascript and html, and AJAX is just javascript and something server side, php, asp, rails, etc

I understand that he isnt really going to use them together, thats why I said some of the following :P

Splinter
03-03-2007, 09:20 PM
To be honest few games of this type really make it into the mainstream and attract many visitors. Most just have a small community so I wouldnt invest too much money.

F32
03-03-2007, 09:22 PM
To be honest few games of this type really make it into the mainstream and attract many visitors. Most just have a small community so I wouldnt invest too much money.
If any at all...

Splinter
03-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Yep, take a hint from Ogame and dont make it too nerdy and "magic" this way you can appeal more to your average internet user.

F32
03-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Make an online browser version of Heroes of Might and Magic.

Unpredictible.
03-03-2007, 09:44 PM
im helping out with him, im learning ajax and javascript.. even though they both similar..

F32
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
im helping out with him, im learning ajax and javascript.. even though they both similar..
It's the same - AJAX is just more advanced JS.

rnix
03-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Its not going to be like harry potter nor charmed its kinda in the middle:

This is going to be a bit like the default character you will get as the boy:http://www.uploadz.co.uk/79652c268c165d3fe_flip.png

Blob
03-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Its not going to be like harry potter nor charmed its kinda in the middle:

This is going to be a bit like the default character you will get as the boy:http://www.uploadz.co.uk/79652c268c165d3fe_flip.png

And where did you rip (might not of) that from?

Smurtz
03-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Looks like something off of gaiaonline

rnix
03-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Well i actually didnt rip i said its going to be like this size etc and its from gaia its going to be a bit smaller but im creating them now the deafults thats just examples.

[Is it me or did i say example like 50 times?] lol

Blob
03-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Well i actually didnt rip i said its going to be like this size etc and its from gaia its going to be a bit smaller but im creating them now the deafults thats just examples.

[Is it me or did i say example like 50 times?] lol

Well you have said example twice in that post.

Mario
03-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Well you have said example twice in that post.
for some reason that made me laugh so much.
well the idea isnt exactly original but i admire your ambition.

Oni
03-03-2007, 10:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOO make a text based dungeon keeper lol

rnix
03-03-2007, 10:20 PM
for some reason that made me laugh so much.
well the idea isnt exactly original but i admire your ambition.

Well i havent seen any other sites doing it!

Links?

Oni
03-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Well i havent seen any other sites doing it!

Links?
neopets is similar

rnix
03-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Neopets dosent have people :D and its totally diff

Oni
03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Neopets dosent have people :D and its totally diff
Anyway do dungeon keeper and then you can use their creatures and concepts

rnix
03-03-2007, 10:59 PM
wht the hell is dungeon keeper?

..-Evan-..
03-03-2007, 11:32 PM
I could help out on some graphics, as i am better at RPG and stuff then habbo *****. I like detail:D

Mr.OSH
04-03-2007, 12:33 AM
:) Good Ideas but will you be able to do it? These types of projects require a great deal of effort, time and normally some money too. It doesn't normally become too successful and its quite a big project to take on if the game will end up any good. Also as Invent! mentioned you need to know quite allot of programming languages to be able to get any were.

YouFail
04-03-2007, 10:14 AM
wht the hell is dungeon keeper?

Dungeon Keeper is this awesome old school game where you get creatures via portals and fight in missions etc. Also he couldn't use the concepts without getting in touch with the company (EA GAMES I believe) and use the name etc.

Oni
04-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Dungeon Keeper is this awesome old school game where you get creatures via portals and fight in missions etc. Also he couldn't use the concepts without getting in touch with the company (EA GAMES I believe) and use the name etc.
Yep EA previously bullfrog but you dont have too aslong as you put a disclaimer saying it isnt made by EA i believe.

YouFail
04-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Cool =)

rnix
04-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Yep EA previously bullfrog but you dont have too aslong as you put a disclaimer saying it isnt made by EA i believe.

Just to be on the safe side im emailing EA Games because stuff getting sued by EA Games =]

EDIT: I just sent a email to the head of ea games =]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: *REMOVED*
Subject: In Game Graphics

Hello To *REMOVED*

I am making a current project about a Fantasy World/Realm, and i was told by many Dungeon Keeper Players that it would be good to create a text based on, which i feel would be a greart sucess to me and Ea Games, Boosting revune from the game itself.
I would like to have permission to use the images of the characters, items etc etc, which i will use in the Game im creating, i would put a disclamer when starting the game stating that all images are from the Game Dungeon keeper, i will not be making any money out of this project just the feeling of creating a game whcih people love the other version off.

Please contact me at my email address:

*REMOVED*

Many thanks

Jake Brown

YouFail
04-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Cool dude. Hope it works out. I'd help if you were needing anything XHTML/CSS/PHP (to a limit).

rnix
04-03-2007, 11:59 AM
All hopefully need to spend money on is the domains, i got the hosting i got my staff (tht dont want pay *1 staff member*) and hopefully ea games would let me use the images =] but i dont kno what i wud need to kno of launages i know PHP & Html & CSS :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!