www.FantasyRealmOnlineForum.net

Are they too long???

+2 Rep to helper(s)

Jake

Oni
04-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Yes im going ahead with [Project] Fantasy Realm Online
so im buying the domain names and i thought of these:

www.FantasyRealmOnline.net (http://www.FantasyRealmOnline.net)
&
www.FantasyRealmOnlineForum.net (http://www.FantasyRealmOnlineForum.net)

Are they too long???

+2 Rep to helper(s)

Jake
sounds good other one not too sure

rnix
04-03-2007, 05:41 PM
sounds good other one not too sure
BTw ollie i emailed Manager of EA Games with this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: *REMOVED*
Subject:

Hello *REMOVED* ,

I am making a current project about a Fantasy World/Realm, and i was told by many Dungeon Keeper Players that it would be good to create a text based on, which i feel would be a greart sucess to me and Ea Games, Boosting revune from the game itself.
I would like to have permission to use the images of the characters, items etc etc, which i will use in the Game im creating, i would put a disclamer when starting the game stating that all images are from the Game Dungeon keeper, i will not be making any money out of this project just the feeling of creating a game whcih people love the other version off.

Please contact me at my email address:

*REMOVED*

Many thanks

Jake Brown

timROGERS
04-03-2007, 05:45 PM
BTw ollie i emailed Manager of EA Games with this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: *REMOVED*
Subject:

Hello *REMOVED* ,

I am making a current project about a Fantasy World/Realm, and i was told by many Dungeon Keeper Players that it would be good to create a text based on, which i feel would be a greart sucess to me and Ea Games, Boosting revune from the game itself.
I would like to have permission to use the images of the characters, items etc etc, which i will use in the Game im creating, i would put a disclamer when starting the game stating that all images are from the Game Dungeon keeper, i will not be making any money out of this project just the feeling of creating a game whcih people love the other version off.

Please contact me at my email address:

*REMOVED*

Many thanks

Jake Brown

I'll be extremely suprised if you get a reply. And if you do, they'll probably say no :(

Invent
04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Ah, big mistake emailing them.

If they say yes you will have to pay a lot in royalty fee's to use the name, characters, etc.

And if you do it without paying them and they find out, they will probably threaten to sue.

Mr.OSH
04-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Nice domains not sure about the 2nd one, also you will be VERY lucky if you are allowed...

rnix
04-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Ah, big mistake emailing them.

If they say yes you will have to pay a lot in royalty fee's to use the name, characters, etc.

And if you do it without paying them and they find out, they will probably threaten to sue.

Yes but i dont see why im not making money out of it :S

Invent
04-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Just think about Habbo Retros.

People who run them arent making money, yet Habbo still threaten to sue people who create them (:

rnix
04-03-2007, 05:58 PM

People who run them arent making money, yet Habbo still threaten to sue people who create them (:

People who run them didnt ask Sulake for permission, yet i did (:

Invent
04-03-2007, 05:59 PM
And then they said no, and dont say they did as i've spoken to Becs and other numerous amounts of staff and they all say the same:

"It is 100% illegal to use Habbo Server's as the images are copyrighted to Sulake and are therefore not allowed to be re-produced without Sulakes permission".

And sulake do not give permission to be used as a retro (:

Infrontation
04-03-2007, 06:01 PM
I suggest you base it on something else or at least cleverly tweak everything so its not really recognizable.

Oni
04-03-2007, 07:19 PM
But you often see sonic etc flash games so why not? Habbo retros are sued as they are using sulakes coding where as he will not be. Also when i emailed EA before they replied in around 15 hrs

rnix
04-03-2007, 07:24 PM
But you often see sonic etc flash games so why not? Habbo retros are sued as they are using sulakes coding where as he will not be. Also when i emailed EA before they replied in around 15 hrs

Yes im still awaiting a email i emailed him at around 3 ish

Mr.OSH
04-03-2007, 07:51 PM
It could take a couple of days to get a reply..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!