head
05-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Your having a laugh mate, none will leave i guess ones will add

alexxxxx
05-03-2007, 06:14 PM
no console maker will leave.

Josh-H
05-03-2007, 06:24 PM
I think hes on about Sega being the last main one.

Gizmondo the actual most recent...

Ermm? I don't think any will considering the success of the current 3 next gen consoles.

Energizer
05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
none of em lol

-Sweex
05-03-2007, 07:23 PM
none ;D.

but nintendo will probably NEVER leave. Sony might be

PaulMacC
05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
PS3 = Fail = Sony no more

Colin-Roberts
06-03-2007, 12:17 AM
people dont realize sony does alot more then game consoles they'll never leave.

Homesrfan
06-03-2007, 12:41 AM
No one will leave the console business.
Even if the ps3 fails horribly, I can't see Sony dropping out.

chips
06-03-2007, 03:17 AM
nintendo might leave the big consoles market but still rule the handhelds many because as far as i know they dont do much els

also there is know chance of the ps3 failing they have more preorders in the uk then the xbox 360 has consoles sold

Josh-H
06-03-2007, 07:07 AM
nintendo might leave the big consoles market but still rule the handhelds many because as far as i know they dont do much els

also there is know chance of the ps3 failing they have more preorders in the uk then the xbox 360 has consoles sold
They havn't had more preorders than the 360 has sold :rolleyes: They have had more preorderes than the 360 had but ...

sony won't leave, they do so much more than consoles.

Bear-Max
06-03-2007, 04:00 PM
They havn't had more preorders than the 360 has sold :rolleyes: They have had more preorderes than the 360 had but ...

sony won't leave, they do so much more than consoles.
I was under the impression that the PS3 pre-orders weren't doing that well. About 3 weeks ago shops at my local centre had "LAST CHANCE TO GET PS3 PRE-ORDER" signs up... They're still there today. Nobody seems to be interested in pre-ordering such an expensive system.

Anyway with the success of the Wii, I have no doubt all three big players will remain in the market. With a GameCube II, this would have almost certainly been Nintendo's last shot at the home console market.

Axel
06-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Just because you're an uber whatever fan boy, doesn't mean you have to go as far as saying PS3 will fail. It's an uber console, but the price is way too much. But Sony definately won't be leaving any time soon. Tbh I don't see any console makers pulling out for a long time, each console has good things and bad things about it, but they're all the same in heart (l).

womanizer
06-03-2007, 04:38 PM
the PS3 will fail.

Axel
06-03-2007, 04:41 PM
It can't fail, loads of sales in America alone, how's that a failure?

brandon
06-03-2007, 04:44 PM
If the PS3 was such a failure then why was there massive ques on launch day in America, why did they have to restrict it to 1 console per person?
Because it was unpopular, yeah that makes sense..

Axel
06-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Just fan boys getting angry because PS3 didn't fail when they wanted it to.

Neversoft
06-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Trust you to post something like that. 'Might leave the big consoles market' Blah blah blah, you're a moron. You do know that the Wii was a BIG success and sold well everywhere... Also, when you say 'but still rule the handhelds many because as far as i know they dont do much else' if you're refering to Nintendo then you really are an idiot.

velocity
06-03-2007, 04:54 PM
lmao, sony.

they're one of the leading brand names, there making so much money and have no reason to leave. Give some back up on why you think so, or dont say anything at all [:

Russia
06-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Sony problay or microsoft....

Becuase sony are losing millions (ps3 realy costs about 700 dollars but its selling for about 500 correct?)

velocity
06-03-2007, 05:39 PM

Becuase sony are losing millions (ps3 realy costs about 700 dollars but its selling for about 500 correct?)
LOLno.

why would you sell something that your not making a profit on? thats the whole point of the entertainment industry, or ANY industry for that matter.

PriceTags
06-03-2007, 05:50 PM
people dont realize sony does alot more then game consoles they'll never leave.
well if they lose out on the consoles, they can just make everything else

what they should be selling at in europe is about half the dollars in america. i cant remember how much they sell for in the usa, but they would never lose $200 on each unit they sell.

Oni
06-03-2007, 05:58 PM
I agree sony will because:
The wii is a collosal success as is the ds
Microsoft has unlimited money and xbox live is bringing in revenue
Blu ray is failing in the us
Same as Bear-max all of the gameshops where i live still have the preorder now to garuntee on release day
Sonys revenues have dropped since last year largely due to the ps3

Also sony are losing money on every console they sell although the amount im not sure of. Its called a loss leader they hope to make it back in game sales.

emobusters
06-03-2007, 07:13 PM
LOLno.

why would you sell something that your not making a profit on? thats the whole point of the entertainment industry, or ANY industry for that matter.

ask sony, cos they're the ones losing on each console sold.

-$241.35 on the 60GB console and -$306.85 on the 20GB console.

ONTOPIC: I don't think any brand will leave the console business soon.

Russia
06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
well if they lose out on the consoles, they can just make everything else

what they should be selling at in europe is about half the dollars in america. i cant remember how much they sell for in the usa, but they would never lose $200 on each unit they sell.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/16/sony-losing-mad-loot-on-each-ps3/

-REP for trying too be a know it all.\

Sony will be losing change to the tune of $241.35 for every "premium" (WiFi and 60GB HDD)

Neil
06-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Tbh I think the next to go out is Sony, Microsoft are clearly doing better because the xbox is so much more popular than Playstation now, Nintendo I wouldn't think would drop out because their consoles and games are unbelivably popular to just about anyone and will probably always make profits on consoles (apart from the Gamecube) ;)

PriceTags
06-03-2007, 08:15 PM

Sony will be losing change to the tune of $241.35 for every "premium" (WiFi and 60GB HDD)

How am I trying to be a know it all?
I don't read up on everything like you. I just state the obvious...

brandon
06-03-2007, 08:35 PM

-30 rep for -repping people for their opinions. :)
To keep this on topic. I'm sure more will enter the console industry before current ones leave.

PriceTags
06-03-2007, 08:38 PM
-30 rep for -repping people for their opinions. :)

i lol'd. i really shouldn't, but i did.
to make this post worthwhile: i dont think anybody will leave for the moment.

Axel
06-03-2007, 08:47 PM
This thread is just pulling all the fan boys out of the woodwork and causing major arguements, not good. :(

PriceTags
06-03-2007, 08:52 PM
This thread is just pulling all the fan boys out of the woodwork and causing major arguements, not good. :(

i second that.
all i ever said was "i dont think they'd deliberately lose $200 on each unit sold", but obviously that's not the case so liam makes a song and dance of "I WAS RIGHT LOLZ"

EDIT: oh poo. i double posted. i'm on a v. v. slow laptop atm.

PriceTags
06-03-2007, 08:52 PM

i second that.
all i ever said was "i dont think they'd deliberately lose $200 on each unit sold", but obviously that's not the case so liam makes a song and dance of "I WAS RIGHT LOLZ"

PaulMacC
06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
:rolleyes: (http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/16/sony-losing-mad-loot-on-each-ps3/)

£200 on each console x 1 million :rolleyes:

Rye1088
06-03-2007, 10:57 PM
To be honest, I personally think that what ever Sony loses on the consoles they know for a fact that they have many sold.. what does that mean?

It means they will sell the games and make a collosal profit anyway.. even if it means in the long run.

Theres no major manufacturer leaving any time soon so it's anyone's guess..

Neil
06-03-2007, 11:01 PM
:rolleyes: (http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/16/sony-losing-mad-loot-on-each-ps3/)

£200 on each console x 1 million :rolleyes:

Ouch o.o I don't think Sony will be able to repair a dent like that selling £50 games :S

PaulMacC
07-03-2007, 12:18 AM
True that

chips
07-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Trust you to post something like that. 'Might leave the big consoles market' Blah blah blah, you're a moron. You do know that the Wii was a BIG success and sold well everywhere... Also, when you say 'but still rule the handhelds many because as far as i know they dont do much else' if you're refering to Nintendo then you really are an idiot.

I no the wii is a success but most who got one will or already have an 360 or a ps3 so the success is limited

I ment nintendo dont stray away from videogames with much success unlike microsoft and sony

HUGECOOL
07-03-2007, 04:46 AM
If the PS3 was such a failure then why was there massive ques on launch day in America, why did they have to restrict it to 1 console per person?
Because of eBay. A large majority of the people were trying to make a quick buck by buying PS3s and reselling them on eBay for 2-3 times its retail value. My friend bought 3 PS3s at launch day and made a profit of around $2000 by selling them on eBay. o_O

PS3s aren't exactly hard to find now- you can pretty much walk into any store that sells game consoles and pick one up without a hassle.

As far as thread topic goes, Nintendo is pretty much guaranteed to stay in the gaming business for a long time- it's what they live off of. Microsoft will stay as well solely because of their financial status. Even if they make the worst console ever, they have money to market it as they like. Sony enjoys making proprietary media and hardware, and because of their brand name, they expect the public to buy into their concepts and ideas. Their brand name is slowly being tarnished by the low quality their products seem to have these days. Exploding laptop batteries comes to mind.

It's no doubt the PS2 was a great console. The technology (DVD playback) was wanted by the public and the console's price was set accordingly. The PS3, however, offers technology most people have never even heard of let alone give them a reason for them to buy it other than, "its new and next-gen". The PS2 offered a wide variety of titles because of the cheap development price so a lot of game makers were able to make games for the PS2 without paying a lot, which can't be said about the PS3 unfortunately, so the game library is much smaller. But I'm digressing, so let's get to the point XD ;

All three major game console manufacturers are not in a position that will require them to leave the gaming industry any time soon. In the long run, however, Sony is most likely to leave due to their stagnant thinking that the only thing needing be improved in new consoles is the specs, and that's clearly not the issue.

Simmzay
07-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Realistically Nintendo is in great finacial shape. Realistically Sony (gaming wise) has made a lot of mistakes recently, but before that had HUGE successes. So for Sony, the question is if they're going to participate in the next generation and see if that in turn will succeed.

The thread does say who will be NEXT, it could be ten years from now. Hell, a new brand may come and leave before then, nobody knows. But I'd have to say Microsoft, if they aren't getting the profits they desire that can just pull out and make money on the several hundred other things they got going on.

Oni
07-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Imo Microsoft just want to build their brand name and make windows more popular [intergrating it with 360] they dont care if they lose money they just want to beat people out of the market. Nintendo isnt likely to leave as consoles is what they do [although this is what sega did] so they will continue making them till they really have too stop.

Pyroka
07-03-2007, 05:56 PM
I cannot see anyone leaving at the moment but right now the console business is getting rather hectic. If anything I'd like to see which DEVELOPER leaves the console business! EA are basically taking over anything which makes a game and some are making games which are a load of crap! I can see EA trying to take over Bungie though, Bungie being the makers of the highly successful Halo franchise.

Azza
07-03-2007, 05:58 PM
i think sony may do.
but if you consider the gamecube wasnt v. popular and the Wii is it isnt impossible for sony to fail with PS3, i think it will happen anyway, and make a next consle which is succesful.
From now i doubt nintendo will go out though with the wii and ds going very well.
Microsoft with xbox live is pulling in alot of gaamers as well also it attracts people who want better graphics, other than wii and cheaper than a ps3.
As sony isnt just consles it may or may not drop out as they prob make profit from other products they may try further for a better consle

i doubt Microsoft or Nintendo will go out, anytime soon anyway, in future one or both of them may make a big mess and have to drop out, but doubt it though

anyway thats what i think disagree as much as you want with my opinions =]

Jam
07-03-2007, 06:12 PM

Its Obvious, eBay :) Buy It, Sell It, And ROFL With All Those Lovely $'s You Just Made

chips
08-03-2007, 01:18 AM
any one herd of the gametrack:fusion (look it up) its for the ps2 and is said to be a bit better than the wii

Oni
08-03-2007, 08:48 AM
any one herd of the gametrack:fusion (look it up) its for the ps2 and is said to be a bit better than the wii
Another prime example of people copying nintendo and it isnt said to be better than the wii like the ps3 remote itd tilt but a bit better. I also doubt it will really be supported.

Blinger1
08-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Honestly as stated already nobody will leave, why leave when you can earn the money..? The PS3 sounds like a mix between the PSP, PS2 and XBox(360), i say this because the PS3 has an inbuilt hard drive, has the internet, wifi and a Blu-Ray drive.. I think Sony has improved their ball game because it will take longer to get pirated copys of games as i doubt many people have a Blu-Ray DVD drive?

my opinions, also i am a "Sony fan boy" if you want to call me that.. i dont care what console i have though!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!