PDA

View Full Version : SONY ARE LOSING MONEY FACT PROOF HERE

Russia
06-03-2007, 08:02 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/16/s...t-on-each-ps3/ (http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/16/sony-losing-mad-loot-on-each-ps3/) SO SHHH ;]

F32
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
while Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank with a profit per Wii sold
Wii's are a good buy then :rolleyes:

Russia
06-03-2007, 08:09 PM
yup they get 100 pound from profit.

GommeInc
06-03-2007, 08:09 PM
What do you expect for an over-inflated console? Too much money goes into one, and Sony know that no one will pay the full price!

Russia
06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
ano!! and pricetags says i dont pfft.

F32
06-03-2007, 08:17 PM
What do you expect for an over-inflated console? Too much money goes into one, and Sony know that no one will pay the full price!
lol.

But if they lowered the price down then they'd make an even bigger loss.

Neil
06-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Sony are pretty rubbish with consoles, the PSP is better than the PS2 so they should stick with handhelds

PriceTags
06-03-2007, 08:30 PM
ano!! and pricetags says i dont pfft.

look liam, i know you hate me, but there's no need to just randomly mention me in an argument about something i barely know about. i never put myself down as "jack the PS3 expert" or "jack the PS3 lover" so stop making out i did? ;l

Mr.Sam
06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
every company loses money on the consoles - they make their money back by selling the games - the ps3 hasn't been out long? so there are less games for people to buy so therefore profit will come at a later date.

Josh-H
06-03-2007, 08:35 PM

I usually don't have a problem with your posts, most seem mature and sensible but your level of 'fan-boyism' about defending the wii is getting a little pathetic.
I don't own a PS3 and have no plans on buying one, I am happy with my Xbox 360, and if you are so happy with your wii, why do you have to '****' off all the other consoles. The PS3 is an extraordinary piece of technical achievement.

Neil
06-03-2007, 08:40 PM
The PS3 is an extraordinary piece of technical achievement.

That hundreds of people have decided they don't want due to pricing, and he wasn't defending the Wii, he is right, Sony put way too much money into that console and now it's going to be the reason they lose thousands of pounds

ReviewDude
06-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Most consoles, or electronic equipment, makes a loss on in initial purchase - and 'chases' the losses by sales of accessories, games, subscripitions, whatever. Just because the Wii is made by Chinese sweatshops using non-HD technology, yes it makes a profit, but that's a rarety.

The only other major brand that doesn't make a loss, ever, is Apple - who have a strict 100% profit margin ;) They tested to show the Nano, selling for £200, had about £50 worth of parts in it :p

[/economics lesson]

Neil
06-03-2007, 08:44 PM
The only other major brand that doesn't make a loss, ever, is Apple - who have a strict 100% profit margin ;) They tested to show the Nano, selling for £200, had about £50 worth of parts in it :p

Thus showing people that buy iPods are idiots, Apple do make a lose by the way, not EVERYONE buys the PC's and stuff they make, it costs to make that and when people don't buy that is classed as losing money, if people buy the pieces of junk they make then yea they get a profit but there is NO company that makes just a profit on anything they make without getting losses

Axel
06-03-2007, 08:44 PM
I guess they're more concerned about pleasing their customers than making a profit, nothing wrong with that? If the price was any higher, you'd all complain even more about it. Don't have the money, don't buy it. Simple. Don't have to rant on about it.

Josh-H
06-03-2007, 08:45 PM
sony have mad a loss of $2 billion so far..

Axel
06-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Good ol Japanese :D

brandon
06-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Btw if the PS3 does fail, it doesn't mean the end for Sony.
Far from it, Sony arnt just a brand based around consoles. They do TV's, phones (Ericssons), and they have one of the most well known consoles in the world.

ReviewDude
06-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Thus showing people that buy iPods are idiots, Apple do make a lose by the way, not EVERYONE buys the PC's and stuff they make, it costs to make that and when people don't buy that is classed as losing money, if people buy the pieces of junk they make then yea they get a profit but there is NO company that makes just a profit on anything they make without getting losses

Sorry, I meant the profit margin (Parts & Manufacture Cost vs. Shop Purchase Price) which is always the 50% I mentioned :)

Josh-H
06-03-2007, 09:06 PM

You;ve obviously never used an apple laptop/desktop long term, if you did you would not be calling them junk ;)

GommeInc
06-03-2007, 09:07 PM
I usually don't have a problem with your posts, most seem mature and sensible but your level of 'fan-boyism' about defending the wii is getting a little pathetic.
I don't own a PS3 and have no plans on buying one, I am happy with my Xbox 360, and if you are so happy with your wii, why do you have to '****' off all the other consoles. The PS3 is an extraordinary piece of technical achievement.
I never said it was, but half the things it has are pointless or not really needed? As good as the blu-ray sounds, it isn't that important. It's more like a hard drive media device, than a console now.

You;ve obviously never used an apple laptop/desktop long term, if you did you would not be calling them junk ;)
Oh dear, an argument on Apple products. I shall try and ignore.

Josh-H
06-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I never said it was, but half the things it has are pointless or not really needed? As good as the blu-ray sounds, it isn't that important. It's more like a hard drive media device, than a console now.

Oh dear, an argument on Apple products. I shall try and ignore.

I disagree, I think next-generation disc formats will have as much of an impact as next generation consoles. The final count for resistance-fall of man was 20gb. That couldn't of been fitted on a normal DVD. Restricting the game because of the disc size.

GommeInc
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh I see, you're one of these people who believe a console has to have good graphics, regardless of gameplay. I shall not argue about how unhealthy it is to think that ;)

Games that go on PS2s and looking at the games coming on the PS3, are boring and repetitive. I have no need to buy a game with amazing graphcis when the gameplay is roughly indifferent. I prefer gamplay, which is where Nintendo are best at. After owning a PS2 for years, I have found that there is nothing new out there. With the PS3, it is the same, except you can't play alot of PS2 games now because Sony have stupidly removed this function and the controls of a game are roughly the same too. Nintendo changed this, with the Wii-mote.

Nemo
06-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Oh I see, you're one of these people who believe a console has to have good graphics, regardless of gameplay. I shall not argue about how unhealthy it is to think that ;)

Games that go on PS2s and looking at the games coming on the PS3, are boring and repetitive. I have no need to buy a game with amazing graphcis when the gameplay is roughly indifferent. I prefer gamplay, which is where Nintendo are best at. After owning a PS2 for years, I have found that there is nothing new out there. With the PS3, it is the same, except you can't play alot of PS2 games now because Sony have stupidly removed this function and the controls of a game are roughly the same too. Nintendo changed this, with the Wii-mote.i completely agree i aint no "fanboy" coz i love my ps2, simple, im not complaining about the ps3 neccessarily (eh sp?) i just think its too expensive with wot it comes with, its just got good graphics, same ol lame gameplay, i have had the ps2 for YEARS and its good but now its quite boring.. same ol same ol, i then go 2 my friends house and play the wii, not the best graphics but they're good and the gameplay.. its amazing like ur in the game..

All in all i think the wii is better than ps3, and its obvious they will lose money as not many people are buying it therefore not many will buy the games and try not to buy so many because of their price ;) so they will continue to lose money.. they wont like die as a company tho..

GommeInc
06-03-2007, 09:24 PM
i completely agree i aint no "fanboy" coz i love my ps2, simple, im not complaining about the ps3 neccessarily (eh sp?) i just think its too expensive with wot it comes with, its just got good graphics, same ol lame gameplay, i have had the ps2 for YEARS and its good but now its quite boring.. same ol same ol, i then go 2 my friends house and play the wii, not the best graphics but they're good and the gameplay.. its amazing like ur in the game..

All in all i think the wii is better than ps3, and its obvious they will lose money as not many people are buying it therefore not many will buy the games and try not to buy so many because of their price ;) so they will continue to lose money.. they wont like die as a company tho..
Actually, the PS3 still lose money when they do sell a PS3. The price your paying is about 1/3 of how much it costs to make one. It's the blu-ray and the not so good angle sensor which is like a basic version of the Wii-mote.

I do like Sony. I love(d) the PS and PS2, I own and love my Sony Vaio laptop and I own a Sony Ericsson phone. I have nothing wrong with that area of Sony, I just find the gaming side un-original and boring really.

brandon
06-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Being a massive football fan, PES6 on the PS2 fits the bill for me. And the gameplay on that is fab, but it's not a game exclusive to the PS2 so...
The majority of my consoles I have bought, whether they are handheld or household most of them have been Sony, but I will say that the PS3 is overpriced. And aslong as future PES series stay loyal to the PS2, I'm happy with the good old 2nd gen PS2.

Neil
06-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Tbh I think Nintendo Wii has amazing graphics, they may be classed as cartoony but they are very detailed even for cartoony styled graphics Zeldas graphics look amazing, and the Wii has the best game play and the player feels more involved, Playstation is just for popular games really, xbox is the king of the online console gaming world and Nintendo has amazing gameplay as well as simple but good graphics, they all have things the others lack but tbh I'm gonna stick with 360 until I can afford the Wii, I'll never buy a PS3 though

Russia
06-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I do like Sony. I love(d) the PS and PS2, I own and love my Sony Vaio laptop and I own a Sony Ericsson phone. I have nothing wrong with that area of Sony, I just find the gaming side un-original and boring really.
Same..

I love Sony ps3 but i dont think its the best console ever too be made

Nintendo wii is because its a new revolution of playing games.

Nemo
06-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Actually, the PS3 still lose money when they do sell a PS3. The price your paying is about 1/3 of how much it costs to make one. It's the blu-ray and the not so good angle sensor which is like a basic version of the Wii-mote.

I do like Sony. I love(d) the PS and PS2, I own and love my Sony Vaio laptop and I own a Sony Ericsson phone. I have nothing wrong with that area of Sony, I just find the gaming side un-original and boring really.yeah i saw somewhere that they lose about $200 or somin for every ps3 :s

Axel
06-03-2007, 09:39 PM
So what if the Wii is 'the new revolution' of console. The Wii is good and all, but I'd prefer a good old normal hold the controller and play game than a game where you have to run around the room swinging your arm around like a lunatic and smashing everything in sight.

Nemo
06-03-2007, 09:44 PM
So what if the Wii is 'the new revolution' of console. The Wii is good and all, but I'd prefer a good old normal hold the controller and play game than a game where you have to run around the room swinging your arm around like a lunatic and smashing everything in sight.that'll make ppl angry xD

but no u dont have to run around at all, if ur lazy u just have to move ur wrist, if u want u can stand up and just move ur arms, if u mad then u will me mad and run around like a MAD person.. but if u prefer the controllers where u just tap buttons then it depends on ur preference..

GommeInc
06-03-2007, 09:46 PM
So what if the Wii is 'the new revolution' of console. The Wii is good and all, but I'd prefer a good old normal hold the controller and play game than a game where you have to run around the room swinging your arm around like a lunatic and smashing everything in sight.
You have the option of taking a Wii version of the Gamecube controller and plugging it on? Or, you could get your old gamecube controllers out and use them. Up to you.

Homesrfan
06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
You have the option of taking a Wii version of the Gamecube controller and plugging it on? Or, you could get your old gamecube controllers out and use them. Up to you.
I'm confused at what you're saying.
You can't use gamecube controllers on Wii games. Not sure if you're saying that though. :P

PaulMacC
06-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Sony are messing with Technology way ahead of it's time.

Dreamcast all over again

Russia
07-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Not if you have space ;]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!