PDA

View Full Version : That stupid "good grammar" sig pic

FlyingJesus
07-03-2007, 12:12 AM
http://www.habboxforum.com/image.php?u=32933&type=sigpic&dateline=1160068806

Firstly; it says "Dont you get it?" near the start, leaving out the apostrophe and therefore failing at its own game.

Secondly; when it says "This is a horrible way to type." it seems to be forgetting that through the entire animation it is writing in lots. Of. Short. Sentences. Which is very annoying, and also poor grammar.

Thirdly; it mistakes chatspeak for leetspeak. 'Nuff said.

Fourthly; it says it's from "anyone with an IQ over 50", which entirely fails in its purpose as I (at last check) have an IQ of 150, and I often type in shorthand.

Finally; that bit where it says "type out your damn words" is what really gets me about the whole thing. Surely if they knew that much about the English language they'd have realised that it should read "your damned words", as damn is a verb.

I'm sure there's more I could pick out of this, but making this thread makes me extremely sad as it is. Basically, what I want to say is:

If you have this in your signature, you have failed at life.

RedStratocas
07-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Ive seen one that counters that stupid sig, and basically it says "if you complain about other people's typing style, get a life. Go outside."

PaulMacC
07-03-2007, 12:20 AM
13375P3AK 9wnz j00 .
\/\/l-lY 930P13 H4T3 1T 1 [)0l\ll\l0

Edited by Youheard (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointless post.

:Hazel
07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
that sig is silly, i often type shorthand espec when txting. its easier unless your stupid you should be able to understand abbreviated words. ;l

beth
07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
grammar nazi's are always boring; that's from appearance.

DCeption
07-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Lmao, i hate that signature :P And good findings? ;P

ReviewDude
07-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Rofl the 'Damn' bit gets me when people say that... Indeed I never type in 'chat' or '1337speek' (with the exception of rofl & lmao) unless having a laugh :D

Browney
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Ha ha. The irony. I have a mix of full grammar and chatspeak. Or bad grammar, whatever you see it as. ;)

Russia
07-03-2007, 07:10 PM
y0 plz diz iz well gai cz i speak slang nwz n diz well kwl lawl (h)

Mentor
07-03-2007, 07:24 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/image.php?u=32933&type=sigpic&dateline=1160068806

Firstly; it says "Dont you get it?" near the start, leaving out the apostrophe and therefore failing at its own game.

Secondly; when it says "This is a horrible way to type." it seems to be forgetting that through the entire animation it is writing in lots. Of. Short. Sentences. Which is very annoying, and also poor grammar.

Thirdly; it mistakes chatspeak for leetspeak. 'Nuff said.

Fourthly; it says it's from "anyone with an IQ over 50", which entirely fails in its purpose as I (at last check) have an IQ of 150, and I often type in shorthand.

Finally; that bit where it says "type out your damn words" is what really gets me about the whole thing. Surely if they knew that much about the English language they'd have realised that it should read "your damned words", as damn is a verb.

I'm sure there's more I could pick out of this, but making this thread makes me extremely sad as it is. Basically, what I want to say is:

If you have this in your signature, you have failed at life.

With most of that, i agree, the sigs annoying as hell, fails in putting over its point, and fails to realize people are making smalltalk on a forum, not a literary works.

madmike666
07-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Stupid 1337 speak, so annoying. I use it on the odd ocasion, are bad spelling but i always try my hardest at spellings :D

joshuar
07-03-2007, 09:02 PM
It is a stupid signature trying to put people down because they don't want to type out their words, it's up to you if you want to type out properly. I normally don't capitalise on MSN / MySpace but I do on here.

It is annoying and I hope it gets shot. And as you said, it is failing at proving it's point.

YoManGo!
07-03-2007, 10:26 PM
grammar nazi's are always boring; that's from appearance.

no need for that apostrophe in nazis.
sayin'.

beth
07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
no need for that apostrophe in nazis.
sayin'.
oh, i'm phoning up my mandems from the b6 now.

FlyingJesus
07-03-2007, 10:31 PM
im phonin mi dad hes kl

YoManGo!
07-03-2007, 10:32 PM
oh, i'm phoning up my mandems from the b6 now.

the b7 will merk you one tbh.

beau03
07-03-2007, 10:36 PM
LOL :p
Let people type the way they want! :P lol
I don't like it etheir, ah well! They can do what they want ha

lol r0fl xD

RedStratocas
07-03-2007, 11:59 PM
The only thing that really gets on my nerves is people capitalizing every first letter of every word. Not because the actuall concept bothers me, but because the people who do it always seem to be trying to be all high and mighty and proper and stuff.

GommeInc
08-03-2007, 12:11 AM
There should also be a "your" in "Type out your own damned words," because you cannot really damn any word "/ Just adding to what you said :)

It is a pretty dumb, half-witted signature, which doesn't know what it is talking about. It was probably made in the space of 20 minutes.

Mentor
08-03-2007, 12:31 AM
There should also be a "your" in "Type out your own damned words," because you cannot really damn any word "/ Just adding to what you said :)

It is a pretty dumb, half-witted signature, which doesn't know what it is talking about. It was probably made in the space of 20 minutes.

Lol, im going to have to nick that expression

FlyingJesus
08-03-2007, 01:47 AM
"Sorry to trouble you sir, but you seem to have a somewhat half-witted signature" ^_^

foxyfox00
08-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Those sigs are annoying!
Even thought I dont like that kind of language and rarley use it, people have to recognise that its made a contibution to English as a language and it has a place in the right context.

le harry
08-03-2007, 09:58 AM
hu crs iv ppl l33tsp33k g@wd gt @ l1fE u n€RDS

Bahah. I hate the text as well ;).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!