PDA

View Full Version : Game in Development * NEED HELP!

NewMamaluke
07-03-2007, 02:35 AM
Hello, I'm new to the forums just to give a little background information about me, my name is Jim I have been playing Habbo for about six years. Alot of people might of know me from all of my giveaways / my 500 HC giveaway I went by the names JimRead and Mamaluke on UK and USA Habbo. Well Habbo got a little boring to me and annoyed me a lot because I just didn't like how some things were made. So i decided to start playing runescape, which I got filthy rich on in a couple a weeks, lol I got a White P HAT, and about 200 M cash. However it just was boring to me.

So with my 10 years of programing experience I have decided to develop my own Online game, im not really sure what this game is going to be about or what characters your going to be able to use but I have to whole system finished so all I have to do now is design maps and make a story. Problem is this will take me forever to do if I cant find people to help me. So thats why I'm here im looking for a staff, heres what I need

Map Editors
Ok, you might be thinking that would be awesome but this seems hard!!! No its extremly simple with the system I have created, you can make Maps with a editor by just clicking pictures and layers and placing it on the screen, and when your finished it uploads it right onto the game so everyone can see the finished results of your room in seconds! REQUIREMENT (YOU HAVE TO BE CREATIVE) you dont need to know how to do art or anything all my graphics are loaded for you to use

Game Mods
Basically like Mod-Cleo or any of those other MOD's if somone gets carried away you take charge, you will have a Control Panel where you can type somones name in and BAN them or warn them.

Beta Testers
Easiest job, you will play the game, tell me what you like report bugs to me simple job and you will be receiving credit when the game is complete

Story Makers
People with creative minds, and good ideas for the game. You can ethier build the whole story or just parts of it and you will be receiving most of the credit

Ok, so if your interested heres some requirements

Please Have a connection over 56k
You will not send the game to anyone else until its finished
You love games like me and want to make this workThats it so contact me on MSN at *Text Removed* or on AIM at *Text Removed*

Also the file size is pretty big 10MB for the install file and another 5MB for the Resource Files needed so make sure your allowed to download big files on your HD

Ty

INCLUDED ARE SOME SCREEN SHOTS!

- Jim

Edited by J1MI (Super Moderator) - Please don't give out your personal email address.

Dentafrice1
07-03-2007, 03:00 AM
10mb or 5mb are not huge at all think of my hard drive, its 3 TB's and your file would take up like 0.111111111111111111199999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999511111111111111111111564654 percent of my space.

looks like you made this on some free gamemaker.

NewMamaluke
07-03-2007, 03:03 AM
looks like I made it on some free game maker? LOL, for one thing I don't think there is any free game makers? especially that support Online Play the only ones i can think of are RPG Maker 2000 and Game Maker but its extremly hard to do online on there, and i coded it in visual basic

Crimson
07-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Yay it look groovy. D: Wish i could be a mod

User43
07-03-2007, 07:11 AM
dont lie i made a game on this program. this program is called eclipse and is extremely simple, u did not code or program this...

NewMamaluke
07-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Eclipse? Hmm never heard of it, can you please show me your game or where I can get this program? or will that be to hard I mean if you made a game you should have it right I would really like to see this

User43
07-03-2007, 08:09 AM
dont lie, that E in the top corner of that program is exactly the same logo as eclipse. And all the sprites and the gui just happen to be identical. No one cares if u didnt program it yourself, just dont lie.

NewMamaluke
07-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Ok, thats why I want to see your game or atleast the program you made your game with? why is that so much to ask ... or could we atleast get screen shots....

:Jamie
07-03-2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.touchofdeathproductions.com/ 10 years of programming much?

NewMamaluke
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Jamie, yes I have been programing for 10 years? And the website you have just sent me is just a compiler which only allows you to edit things in the game, I programed my online game with Visual Basic which is a programing languge like C++, Delphi and it requires you to use code which means I can change anything about my game because its ... mine?? Yes you guys think your smart because the graphics look the same? But look on any game maker take RPG Maker 2000 for example. We all use the same type of graphics because they are free, and work perfect with the system! Ok so come on what other smart kid wants to tell me how wrong I am? I really dont understand what's wrong with all of you I asked a simple question if somone wanted to help me with my game? Thats all.

Neil
07-03-2007, 05:22 PM
BYOND is a free game maker that gives you online capability, the graphics of the game depends on how do the artists are, it's still all sprites though xD

letisix
07-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I would like to be a Beta tester/Mod if possible.

NewMamaluke
07-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Yeah, but thats only a compiler, the point im trying to get out is when you use a Game Maker you cant change everything about it. Theres a certain point you cant edit it the game how you want it to be. If you program something with Delphia, Visual basic or C++ you can edit it however you want to. Change anything you want because its your code, and I dont understand how I come on here to try get help and I have these two kids trying to proove me wrong with something lol! I mean its ethier somone has no life? or just bored

Jordan,
07-03-2007, 05:28 PM
dude looks good read my pm ime impressted :p

Infrontation
07-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forums just to give a little background information about me, my name is Jim I have been playing Habbo for about six years. Alot of people might of know me from all of my giveaways / my 500 HC giveaway I went by the names JimRead and Mamaluke on UK and USA Habbo. Well Habbo got a little boring to me and annoyed me a lot because I just didn't like how some things were made. So i decided to start playing runescape, which I got filthy rich on in a couple a weeks, lol I got a White P HAT, and about 200 M cash. However it just was boring to me.

So with my 10 years of programing experience I have decided to develop my own Online game, im not really sure what this game is going to be about or what characters your going to be able to use but I have to whole system finished so all I have to do now is design maps and make a story. Problem is this will take me forever to do if I cant find people to help me. So thats why I'm here im looking for a staff, heres what I need

Map Editors
Ok, you might be thinking that would be awesome but this seems hard!!! No its extremly simple with the system I have created, you can make Maps with a editor by just clicking pictures and layers and placing it on the screen, and when your finished it uploads it right onto the game so everyone can see the finished results of your room in seconds! REQUIREMENT (YOU HAVE TO BE CREATIVE) you dont need to know how to do art or anything all my graphics are loaded for you to use

Game Mods
Basically like Mod-Cleo or any of those other MOD's if somone gets carried away you take charge, you will have a Control Panel where you can type somones name in and BAN them or warn them.

Beta Testers
Easiest job, you will play the game, tell me what you like report bugs to me simple job and you will be receiving credit when the game is complete

Story Makers
People with creative minds, and good ideas for the game. You can ethier build the whole story or just parts of it and you will be receiving most of the credit

Ok, so if your interested heres some requirements

Please Have a connection over 56k
You will not send the game to anyone else until its finished
You love games like me and want to make this workThats it so contact me on MSN at *Text Removed* or on AIM at *Text Removed*

Also the file size is pretty big 10MB for the install file and another 5MB for the Resource Files needed so make sure your allowed to download big files on your HD

Ty

INCLUDED ARE SOME SCREEN SHOTS!

- Jim

Edited by J1MI (Super Moderator) - Please don't give out your personal email address.

Umm? 10MB Files are very small considering standard computer come with at least 80GB HDD's normally more nowadays.

efq
07-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I'd like to be a MOD and beta tester please :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!