PDA

View Full Version : Life Else Where - Are we alone? [Closes 8/4/07]

---MAD---
08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Do you believe there is life else where? On another planet? Another universe?

What do you think?

Start debating :).

Caution
08-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I belive there is life, away from the Solar System completley. Away from the 8 planets. There is another form of life, somewhere.:)

Ashhizzle
08-03-2007, 03:50 PM
I reckon there is, defo.

Yoshimitsui
08-03-2007, 03:54 PM
I belive their is life, but like animial life, not walking talking things with atenias and invaders.

Ashhizzle
08-03-2007, 03:58 PM
I belive their is life, but like animial life, not walking talking things with atenias and invaders.
I think there is like, an opposite universe to us, I.e we r skin, they r scales or somthing.

ColyTom
08-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I definately think that there is life on a planet somewhere.

Tiuhdur
08-03-2007, 04:04 PM
yes a parrelel universe through a black hole. thats what im amazed about matter and like destroyed inside a black hole is it a portal? but yes i do beleive nature is capeable of anything we are only a spec of dust in the infinate of space

X:RiX:X
08-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Of course there is life elsewhere, with the thousands of galexies and everything there is bound to be life elsewhere, there probly on a forum right now talking about us =D

Wig44.
08-03-2007, 04:13 PM
There is proved life - but not animal life. Plant life. On mars. They discovered a plant of sorts growing on mars. But there have been doubts towards this aswell, but these doubts are unsupported.

-:Undertaker:-
08-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Our Galaxy is just a grain of sand on a beach, i'd say there's 100% chance of these being life on another planet.

They reckon the water on the Earth got carried here on rocks!

Browney
08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
There has to be. In some form or another there has to be.

benjamin
08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I believe that the whole universe is too big for Earth to be the only planet with inhabitations or w.e

TrueColours
08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Well there are some people from another world on here lol but yeh of course theres life somewhere else, why would be the lucky planet getting life? Maybe one of the planets what we know about may have life on because we havn't gone on them, and yeh Mars has some life on but there germs, they predicted there was life once on there OR its forming the way we all did..

21st December 2012 will end earth...
IF NOT 50billions years time :)

Jordy
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
lol the question is I want to know, how was everything created. I think about this for ages every day.

Anyway back on topic.

Umm how do we know we're not the parallel universe and we're like the dodgy people?

On another galaxies, hopefully. But space just freaks me out, so little is known about it.

08-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Wed, 07 Apr 2004 - The Sun is heating up, and in 4 billion years from now it will swell up to become a red giant - Earth and the rest of the inner planets will be destroyed. But the deadly conditions that destroy the Earth will mean warmer temperatures in the outer Solar System, possibly supporting life. The region from Saturn to Pluto will warm up to the point that frozen water will melt on moons and planets. Scientists think the best chances for life will be found on Pluto and its moon Charon as well as Neptune's moon Triton because they're rich in organic chemicals.

http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/outer_planets_warm_up_sun_dies.html?742004 (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/outer_planets_warm_up_sun_dies.html?742004)

So the Earth has about 4 Billion years left, I think humans will have the ability to move Planets by then.

I personally think some of the Ice Moons which are water under the ice may have life on already, when the sun turns into a Red Giant the animals may be able to go on land and evolve just like the earth's animals did :)

Tiuhdur
08-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Our Galaxy is just a grain of sand on a beach, i'd say there's 100% chance of these being life on another planet.

damn big rocks to make the oceans

08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
damn big rocks to make the oceans

Happened over millions of years, it slowly filled up + Earth and the inner plants used to be hit more than they are now.

Ashhizzle
08-03-2007, 04:54 PM
yes a parrelel universe through a black hole. thats what im amazed about matter and like destroyed inside a black hole is it a portal? but yes i do beleive nature is capeable of anything we are only a spec of dust in the infinate of space
Thats what i was thinking of.

I spose thats a kl way of putting it :P

F32
08-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Happened over millions of years, it slowly filled up + Earth and the inner plants used to be hit more than they are now.
What I'd like to say is; prove it.

08-03-2007, 04:59 PM
What I'd like to say is; prove it.

Well were else would it come from?, it doesn't just appear.

Anyway I read that and I believe it.

Tiuhdur
08-03-2007, 05:56 PM
noone can really be sure of how the earth was created.

the water deal is either

gas and the elements combining to form water or

undertakers theory

---MAD---
08-03-2007, 05:58 PM
We will probably be able to transport to other planets and will adapt to those circumstances and look difference in the future.

And yes space is a very very unusual topic as there is barely anything known. For all we know the "universe" is actually a place we call home. If you think about it like this:

There are atoms on tables / objects etc. Imagine we are an atom on someones table?! Thats just freaky. Its very very possible. We could be TINY things in something similar to an atom.

Kardan
08-03-2007, 05:59 PM
http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/outer_planets_warm_up_sun_dies.html?742004 (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/outer_planets_warm_up_sun_dies.html?742004)

So the Earth has about 4 Billion years left, I think humans will have the ability to move Planets by then.

I personally think some of the Ice Moons which are water under the ice may have life on already, when the sun turns into a Red Giant the animals may be able to go on land and evolve just like the earth's animals did :)

That site is wrong, the Earth won't be 'swallowed' up by the sun when it goes supernova/red giantish

Browney
08-03-2007, 06:02 PM
In 50 years we have acheived many many things in space. In 4 billion years I think we can find a way to survive.

Nixt
08-03-2007, 06:02 PM
The chance of life occurring as it has on this planet is something like 10 to the power of 40,000 or something. However as the Universe is apparently infinite then this 'chance' will actually 'happen'. Therefore I believe there is life out there, some similar to us, some like life was here millions of years ago and some millions of years ahead, yes :).

Kardan
08-03-2007, 06:03 PM
The chance of life occurring as it has on this planet is something like 10 to the power of 40,000 or something. However as the Universe is apparently infinite then this 'chance' will actually 'happen'. Therefore I believe there is life out there, some similar to us, some like life was here millions of years ago and some millions of years ahead, yes :).

Well, they're might be life on Titan within a few billion years, as Titan )according to scientists) is the same state as Earth was about 4 billion years ago.

08-03-2007, 06:05 PM
That site is wrong, the Earth won't be 'swallowed' up by the earth when it goes supernova/red giantish

The sun will swallow up Earth and other plants.

Kardan
08-03-2007, 06:05 PM

It won't, before the sun goes supernova it's gravitational force will weaken sending Venus, Earth and Mars into a further orbit escaping the fate, Mercury won't though.

Nixt
08-03-2007, 06:10 PM

The sun will move into a red giant phase, as it does not have a high enough mass to become a Supernova. Therefore the sun will begin to expand and perhaps come into contact with the earth. The inhabitants will die as the planet's water will boil away and it's atmosphere will escape into space.
Indeed it could well be "swallowed" as it were by the sun however, it is very unlikely it will because the expansion of the sun will result in the orbit of the earth moving away from the sun and it won't be engulfed.

Browney
08-03-2007, 06:14 PM
It won't, before the sun goes supernova it's gravitational force will weaken sending Venus, Earth and Mars into a further orbit escaping the fate, Mercury won't though.

Weeee.

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post short / meaningless messages, thanks :).

Kardan
08-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Weeee.

But the sun will be closer to the Earth so all of our water will evaporate away ^^

So we'll be like Venus... :rolleyes:

Browney
08-03-2007, 06:43 PM
But the sun will be closer to the Earth so all of our water will evaporate away ^^

So we'll be like Venus... :rolleyes:

Ah. That might be a problem.

Hitman
08-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Yes. But, they may not have planets, may not have space, it might like completly different. Man, this subject makes me think lol.

Hitman
08-03-2007, 07:01 PM
There are atoms on tables / objects etc. Imagine we are an atom on someones table?! Thats just freaky. Its very very possible. We could be TINY things in something similar to an atom.

wow, now that made me think. We could be like, tiny things just floatingin some other world. space could just be like a little hole.

interesting...

sorry for double post xS

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not double post, thanks :).

micky.blue.eyes
08-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Stop talking about the sun. :P We're talking about life on other planets, much more fun than the stupid sun. ;)

We will probably be able to transport to other planets and will adapt to those circumstances and look difference in the future.

And yes space is a very very unusual topic as there is barely anything known. For all we know the "universe" is actually a place we call home. If you think about it like this:

Lol, that sounds funny and cute. (Have you been watching MIB too much? :P)

There has to be life on other planets. Just look at how earth was created and how animals evolved and stuff, this must've happened on other planets too and it must be happening at other planets right now.

DiscoPat
08-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I think that there are only insects but not living, they are like, different kind of stuff, neway im confused.

Mr.OSH
09-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Right, I think some were not far away within reach, possibly on one of Jupiter or Neptune's moons may have primitive life under the surface. However as for intelligent life, I think it is there but not within our reach, I think some were far away in the Universe another Earth like planet must exist. Look at it this way you need some vital elements for life to develop, the main ones are water and Carbon, which is fundamental to life as then a substantial atmosphere can be created and simple organisms can grow etc. Some were out of the Trillions of planets in the Universe one has to have life on it.

TrueColours
09-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Wasn't mountin's formed from earthquakes and rocks spreading..? And most rocks are created by ice and rocks ETC ETC.. Yah I heard The whole universe and EVERYTHINK was once NOTHINK! So it would have been pitch BLACK! Nothink absalutly nothink just pure black! or.. as black is somethink WHAT IS NOTHINK? And before you say a white big space it cant be as thats somethink and how was light formed? o.o these questions may never been answered..

And watch Men in black 1 or 2 lol they open a locker and are little things in a huge world.

I do hope we are not like germs or anythink... only because that seems scary as we could be killed anytime. anyway... Space obiously dont go on and on... it's belived if you keep going you will just come back to where you was.

Like... if I was to walk down here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I would be back at the start... ;o!

crazy-man9
09-03-2007, 08:36 PM
i think there will defo be other life out there im just hoping that they wont attack us i mean come on man if a dog can go to space surly other things (if there are) can to

Joweii
09-03-2007, 09:59 PM
I think Are Whloe Universe, Is a Spec of dust in antoher Whlore universe And maybe that Universe is just a spec of dust, So there are 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000r Universes [Thats alot][There is more]

mangle
09-03-2007, 10:03 PM
I reckon that bacteria on other planets is just waiting to evolve

Mentor
09-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Almost certainly, lifes happened twice (maybe more) as seperate occurences on this just one small, insignifcant little planet, its obserd to think out of an almost infinite universe this should be the only one to support any life.

Browney
10-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Almost certainly, lifes happened twice (maybe more) as seperate occurences on this just one small, insignifcant little planet, its obserd to think out of an almost infinite universe this should be the only one to support any life.

That's what I was thinking. I think in 100 years we will have visited Mars easily. Which might give us a better idea to this whole water on Mars theory.

Shawnstra
10-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Definitely! I would think so because earth is only this small.

Fonejacker
11-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Ok well... we are (.) this in are solar system proberly not even that big lol. But there is life on other planets or has been. A black hole is formed when a star implodes so alot of plantes have been distroyed that could of had life on. Are Star (the sun) is in it's early stages of it's life so it has alot left soon it will swell up and turn into a Red dwaf Before that even happens we would of all been whiped out as nothing will be able to stand the heat. Some people believe the adam and eve theory as thats there religeion. but the truth is that bacteria off an astoriod crashed onto are plant billions of years ago, then the hole evolution crap happened and here we are today. So whats the odds that another atoried calashed with another planet?

Mentor
12-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Ok well... we are (.) this in are solar system proberly not even that big lol. But there is life on other planets or has been. A black hole is formed when a star implodes so alot of plantes have been distroyed that could of had life on. Are Star (the sun) is in it's early stages of it's life so it has alot left soon it will swell up and turn into a Red dwaf Before that even happens we would of all been whiped out as nothing will be able to stand the heat. Some people believe the adam and eve theory as thats there religeion. but the truth is that bacteria off an astoriod crashed onto are plant billions of years ago, then the hole evolution crap happened and here we are today. So whats the odds that another atoried calashed with another planet?
I think you may wana try reading a few of these theorys as your tripping over yourself combining about 6 in a way that makes no sence.

Bactera also has to evolve, it cannot do so on an astroid, logically if an asteroide has bacteara on it, it had to come from somewhere where it previously evolved, the chances of a bit of a life sustaining planet being blow apart and not disintegrated, but still retaining life in the form of dormant bacteria is somewhat unlikly, at least compaired to the VERY likely chance it just evolved here to start with. Which it did, Twice, there are 2 life strains on this planet, once which lead to pretty much everything around us, the oxigen breathing variety, plants, etc etc. The other known to a very specific system of deep sea volcanic vents which instead live of elements excreated from the earths core.
Secondly, swell up in to a red dwarf? i take it you mean in to a red giant, which will then ether go nova if the star is moderaly sized, shrink in to a white dwarf if its small, or go the full way and colapse in to a quantom singlarty if its a absoulty massive one.

Mr.OSH
17-03-2007, 12:53 AM
From earth we can see 1,000s of stars orbiting the Milky Way and the sky is so densely populated with planets that are billions of light years away and that is one Galaxy? The Universe is built up of around 50 billion galaxies, that is an estimate, and the solar system stretches 1.6 light years. That means it takes light around a year and a half to travel the length of the solar system and light is the fasted moving object ever know so far... Trust me the Solar System in terms of size to us is massive and out there in around 50 billion galaxies holding 1,000s of stars that have lots of planets orbiting that makes a hell of allot of planets and it is near impossible that we are the only planed out of 100's of billions that has life on it.

bo$$
17-03-2007, 01:11 AM
As everyone has said before..
For sure.
Theres no way that Earth is the only planet holding living things in this huge universe.
UGH.
This does my brain in becuase of things like MIB LOL. Where our entire universe is just in one little marble to a whole new universe XD But ye. It could continue forever. WE dont know that.. Maybe within the next 4 billion years we will find out :P

I could go in depth with my thoughts on theories and blah blah but I'd just get lost and theres too much to say..

Space is really one topic that could go on forever.:(

RedStratocas
17-03-2007, 04:10 PM
When I think of aliens, I dont think of super-smart green dudes. I think of animals like we see on this planet. We definatly arent alone, but we might be the most intelligent in the universe.

Mentor
17-03-2007, 08:47 PM
When I think of aliens, I dont think of super-smart green dudes. I think of animals like we see on this planet. We definatly arent alone, but we might be the most intelligent in the universe.

Even thats doubtful, i expect theres bacterial life, maybe even small animals in our solar system allown, statistically chances where the most intelligent is very very low down to the pure magnitude of the universe.

brandon
17-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Are we alone? to sum it up in a word; yes.

Mentor
17-03-2007, 11:11 PM

If you were a solipsis you wouldn't have posted so you don't even believe the statement you say, that of haven't said what you mean correctly.

Chili
18-03-2007, 09:48 AM
If we are here, why shoulldnt there be others out there? LOADS of the galaxy still unexplored and probly never will be.

Kyle.tk
18-03-2007, 08:17 PM

thats abit naive if you ask me, you just don't seem to want to broaden your mind to believe that anything else could be out there.
Or if you have and come to the conclusion that we are alone, explaining yourself would be cool.

We ARN'T alone and we are no where near the most interlectual beings in this solar system, not even counting the universe. In the milky way i bet there is atleast another planet with life, who will also have religion etc.., but will be more advanced, but i also bet there is atleast one other planet with life as/or less advanced than us.
When we talk about the universe, don't get me started.

Shinigami
18-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I think there is.. if you think of how big the whole of space is.. which is probably like infinite? o_o

21st December 2012 will end earth...
IF NOT 50billions years time

That's my 18th birthday o_o

:Liam
19-03-2007, 02:42 PM
If you think about it theres a collasul chance. theres alot of planets in this solar system ( Including moons) Then when you leave are solar system it leads to the milky way which contains billions more solar systems.

:Hazel
19-03-2007, 03:10 PM
its weird because i was thinking about this the other day randomly & i i think it is possible there is life elsewhere.

zepie
19-03-2007, 07:55 PM
there must be life, otherwise WHY is there billions of other galexys?
even if there is tiny animals (smaller than dust mites) that breath, its still life.

exploit
20-03-2007, 06:59 PM
idk. theres is a possibiltity i guess..

NekkLe
22-03-2007, 02:30 PM
I'd like to think there was, but you can't really disagree or agree whether there is or not. Its all good to daydream about this but this might aswell be posted in 'Discuss anything'.

sl4rtzz
23-03-2007, 07:33 PM
in my eyes no we are not alone

ofc there is different types/species off living stuff in our solar system and out of it

like someone said the space goes on for ever theres no end imo

spiderpan
24-03-2007, 06:11 PM
we are quite clearly not alone but i don't think they gona be realy cleaver than us mabey not as cleaver because its not likly the have evoled as long as us, but it will be proved soon tthat =there is i think on one of the moons of Jupiter i think??

F32
28-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I believe on other planets in other galaxies, there are 'superJESUS's' where they can do anything like... the matrix only for real?

GJay
30-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Of course we are not alone. Otherwise what is the point in our existance? I doubt we are just a coinsidence.

-Soph-
01-04-2007, 03:23 AM
obviously..

think how big the universe is, how could we possibly be the only ones?

PS2.
03-04-2007, 03:07 AM
There may not be animal life but I believe there definately is living organisms out there somewhere....over the rainbow.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!