PDA

View Full Version : Metal dragon tips +Rep

Cwmbran
08-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok I have decided I would benefit from getting my slayer up and after having to kill 54 sand lizards the next task I get is 13 bronze dragons, not alot but I have never attempted to kiss a metal dragon before.

Can anyone give me tips on what weapons/armour to use and what potions to take.

Yes I do realise I need an Anti-Dshield.
+Rep for helpful answers.

EDIT:
Here are my stats
http://www.rsbandb.com/sig/sigs/r/reich2.png

Kieeran
08-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Ok I have decided I would benefit from getting my slayer up and after having to kill 54 sand lizards the next task I get is 13 bronze dragons, not alot but I have never attempted to kiss a metal dragon before.

Can anyone give me tips on what weapons/armour to use and what potions to take.

Yes I do realise I need an Anti-Dshield.
+Rep for helpful answers.

Where Rune armour and im sure a site tells you a weopons weakness to hat kind of attacks
Try Tip.it via beastiry

Btw, Nice post count ;) 1111

Cwmbran
08-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Where Rune armour and im sure a site tells you a weopons weakness to hat kind of attacks
Try Tip.it via beastiry

Btw, Nice post count ;) 1111

Ha it's going to be 1112 now :(.

Ye, I have looked at the guides on some sites before but I would rather see what tips people give from people that may have actually killed the dragons more recently than when the guides where made as Jagex do "Silent updates" they could have increased anything about the dragons. ;)

Kieeran
08-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Ha it's going to be 1112 now :(.

Ye, I have looked at the guides on some sites before but I would rather see what tips people give from people that may have actually killed the dragons more recently than when the guides where made as Jagex do "Silent updates" they could have increased anything about the dragons. ;)

Orly? Well in that case, use some experianced drag fighters

Youheard
08-03-2007, 03:55 PM
When I go to slay any type of metal dragon I always take initiate armour, 16 pray pots, 2 super attacks & strength, 4 anti fire pots, an axe and 905 coins (boat fare and dungeon entrance fee)

I protect from melee with anti fire shield and pots so I never get hit. I can kill 60+ iron dragons in one trip using that set up.

Kieeran
08-03-2007, 03:58 PM
When I go to slay any type of metal dragon I always take initiate armour, 16 pray pots, 2 super attacks & strength, 4 anti fire pots, an axe and 905 coins (boat fare and dungeon entrance fee)

I protect from melee with anti fire shield and pots so I never get hit. I can kill 60+ iron dragons in one trip using that set up.

I have a set of initiate armour. 20k for it?

That was to cymbrawn btw

Cwmbran
08-03-2007, 03:58 PM

I have not done the quest to allow me to wear initiate armour. :(
+Rep though. :)

And Kieeran, ye I'll buy it, guess I need to do that quest.
Is it Wanted! ?

Youheard
08-03-2007, 04:00 PM
I have not done the quest to allow me to wear initiate armour. :(
+Rep though. :)

Thanks, monks robes give the same prayer bonus aswell. Initiate looks nicer in my opinion :D

Cwmbran
08-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Thanks, monks robes give the same prayer bonus aswell. Initiate looks nicer in my opinion :D

Oh I like the dull brown colour of the monks robes. ;)
I'm going to use initiate just for the defence bonus which unfortunatly the monk robes don't have.

Youheard
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm going to use initiate just for the defence bonus which unfortunatly the monk robes don't have.

You're praying so you dont need defence bonuses :D

DJ-Vimto
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM

for initiate armour you need to do the recruitment drive quest.

Wanted! is for if/when you want to wear white knight armour. which in my opinion is probably worse than initiate because you only need 10def to wear, so i can only assume that it has similar defence bonuses to black armour

Cwmbran
08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks fruit drink.

Can't +Rep you need to spread. ;)

Sure
08-03-2007, 07:07 PM
If i was yuou i would just mage the dragons, then you don't have to worry about prayer potions, all you need are runes, anti d shield, anti fire pots and your basicly done. Use the firebolt spell, cheap and hits good.

Orangeesh
08-03-2007, 07:10 PM
If i was yuou i would just mage the dragons, then you don't have to worry about prayer potions, all you need are runes, anti d shield, anti fire pots and your basicly done. Use the firebolt spell, cheap and hits good.

yeah do what he says

theres a certain gauntlets that let you hit higher when using fire bolt
idk what they called
might be klanks gauntlets

Cwmbran
08-03-2007, 07:17 PM
yeah do what he says

theres a certain gauntlets that let you hit higher when using fire bolt
idk what they called
might be klanks gauntlets

Chaos gauntlets. ;)

I'm meleing them so far they havn't hit me once, just using pray and my weapons.

:ADIO
08-03-2007, 07:41 PM
You should mage, its much easier

Bring:
Magic Robes
Anti-shield
Runes/Staff

Sharks
Anti-fire potions
alching runes
Gold
Hatchet

This way they will not hit you and you can fight for long periods of time. This is better used on iron and steel drags, if you want to melee them:

Barrow armor (Rune works, but youll get hit ALOT)
Whip (Scim Works too but weaker)
Anti-shield

Anti-fire pots
Sharks
Super Set

Cwmbran
08-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Im using

Monk robes
DD++ & DMace
Glory ammy
Anti - Dshield

Super Str x2 Super attack x1
Pray potions x8
Anti fire x2
Sharks x8
The the requierd stuff.

Youheard
08-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Trust me maging them is incredibly boring and a complete waste of time.

I also wouldnt bother taking 8 sharks, waste of inventory space. Take 2-3 if its ya first time :D

Cwmbran
08-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I think I used one shark... That was when I was running through the dogs.

Youheard
08-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Yeah thats why if you take more pray pots instead of the sharks you can stay for longer :D

Cwmbran
08-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Decided to go back to steel drags after I done my slayer task for one trip, think I killed about 30 all the drops were rubbish. :(

Best drop was a rune wc axe.

:Delirium
08-03-2007, 11:03 PM
I know mate, pathetic drops, but i think its worth the effort for the Dragon parts ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!