PDA

View Full Version : Warez sites

Hitman
10-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi,
I want to know how the warez sites stay up.

They don't actually host the warez and stuff, but the links in the posts do. so how come?

thanks and +rep

F32
10-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Because they're doing nothing illegal...

Luckyrare
10-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Torrent sites - They can be taken down but its P2P so they are not "designed" for sharing illegal things

Warez forums - These can be taken down if they host the files but most of them use free upload websites so its fine

Hitman
10-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Because they're doing nothing illegal...

so hosting a message board (im not saying warez site name but its big), and posting the links to warez downloads isnt illegal.

okay thanks. +rep

hi luckyrare, okay thanks dude.

+rep

F32
10-03-2007, 10:47 AM
no, it's not.

you're simply providing links, not hosting them.

Hitman
10-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Torrent sites - They can be taken down but its P2P so they are not "designed" for sharing illegal things

Warez forums - These can be taken down if they host the files but most of them use free upload websites so its fine

no, it's not.

you're simply providing links, not hosting them.

ok i know now :P thank you rep added.

but wouldnt they get in trouble for like having the linksto files'?

thanks again

Josh-H
10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Although Vbulletin don't like it if the site has links to cracked vbulletin versions ;) They will ban the vbulletin and get it removed from the host if you're using a real one or get the site removed by the host if you're using a fake one anyway.

F32
10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
nope. [:

TFerg006
10-03-2007, 11:10 AM
If you want to run a Warez site do not host the warez, link to it
If you use LEGAL vB (so you are still staying Legal) then dont let users link to Nulled vBs

Mentor
10-03-2007, 03:26 PM
so hosting a message board (im not saying warez site name but its big), and posting the links to warez downloads isnt illegal.

okay thanks. +rep

hi luckyrare, okay thanks dude.

+rep
Well its not illegal, but it Does violate the TOS of alot of hosting sites and forum softwares etc, so theres still a large chance it will get shut down if your not very careful with it, + dont make sure you read right the TOS of your host/forum softwares etc.

Dentafrice1
10-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Well its not illegal, but it Does violate the TOS of alot of hosting sites and forum softwares etc, so theres still a large chance it will get shut down if your not very careful with it, + dont make sure you read right the TOS of your host/forum softwares etc.
What he said.

You can always have a VIP/Private section for those Adobe/Vbulletin files =]

F32
10-03-2007, 03:43 PM
What he said.

You can always have a VIP/Private section for those Adobe/Vbulletin files =]
then your vb license gets shut down.

Dentafrice1
10-03-2007, 04:01 PM
then your vb license gets shut down.
Not if its private... they can't see it..

Hitman
10-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi thanks for all the replys,

I am thinking of making one. Possibly. Not yet though, need more money for vB and hosting etc.

Yeah, I wouldn't use a fake vB, and no links to vBs that are. okay.

I'd probably to the free section with stuff, then VIP section for better things.

Thanks again all, + rep.
too much rep in the past 24 hours, will rep tomorrow.

Josh-H
10-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Don't bother, you'll never get it popular and it just causes a lot of bother imo :)

Hitman
10-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Don't bother, you'll never get it popular and it just causes a lot of bother imo :)hmm, maybe, thats why Im going to wait.

I might just make something else.

jarhead!
10-03-2007, 04:54 PM
hmm, maybe, thats why Im going to wait.

I might just make something else.
if you do a warze site, i'll help out if you like, i'll try ang get it populer =]

Hitman
10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
if you do a warze site, i'll help out if you like, i'll try ang get it populer =]
I'll PM you if I do, I just need to get more money for hosting + vB forum, I got a little money left over.

Might make one. :p Dunno. :(

Will PM you as I said.

Thanks

jarhead!
10-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I can host it, but not for free =[

Hitman
10-03-2007, 06:32 PM
I can host it, but not for free =[

how much space?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!