PDA

View Full Version : Racist Artsists (as in singers)

Convictions
20-04-2005, 04:25 PM
I was watching a program on tv about black rappers and in one of their songs they used the word 'nigg.a' so the rporter said, dont you think its racist what your saying but this rapper came up with 'Naw, we say nigg.a with an A not er' personally i find it the same and stupid, Does anyone else find this weird?

(Sorry mods for avoiding filter, but its the only way and im not directing at at anybody)

the wombats
20-04-2005, 04:31 PM
not really raciest if he never actually said ******

Convictions
20-04-2005, 04:43 PM
not really raciest if he never actually said ******

But what im bringing up is n.igga is ni.gger

the wombats
20-04-2005, 04:44 PM
oh ok, lol

AngJum
20-04-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't think it's right to have a song which has very racist comments in it, if the singer(s) have a problem with coloured people they should keep it to themselves. Some of the public wont be very happy with these sort of songs, and wont buy them. I also watched this Police program, and these detectives asked the police men what they though of black people (The police didn't know they were detectives) and some of them started swearing and saying racist things about them, so it's not really just singers who have something against black/coloured people.

Michael.
20-04-2005, 06:01 PM
I don't think it's right to have a song which has very racist comments in it, if the singer(s) have a problem with coloured people they should keep it to themselves. Some of the public wont be very happy with these sort of songs, and wont buy them. I also watched this Police program, and these detectives asked the police men what they though of black people (The police didn't know they were detectives) and some of them started swearing and saying racist things about them, so it's not really just singers who have something against black/coloured people.
Yeah, and some black/coloured people have something against white europeans.
Its a mad, mad world.

GommeInc
20-04-2005, 06:16 PM
nigg.a or nigg.er is how people of a different ethnic background call it other. However they find it offencive if a 'white' calls them a nigg.a/nigg.er. So really it is like talking a different language

Infrontation
20-04-2005, 06:30 PM
nigg.a or nigg.er is how people of a different ethnic background call it other. However they find it offencive if a 'white' calls them a nigg.a/nigg.er. So really it is like talking a different language

Yeah.. People With A Ethnic Background Call Each Other Nigg'as In The Same Terms As Like Friend.. But When a 'White' person calls them a nigg'a they take it all bad and think your racist.. Thats like them calling us a white and We taking a reggie :p

Luayminator
21-04-2005, 02:02 AM
If hes black, and hes saying nig.ga then hes speakin bout himself, no problem

Mandarin
21-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Racism, the evil and fuel of hatred in the world [along with several other things but thats not my point atm]. Its horrible when music artist use these words, it adds to the sterotype that is commonly attributed to those who are black. Its even more hurtful when these sterotypes are used to apply to any black person. Sterotypes hurt...espically when people think its "politcally correct" to still use these words. Artist that sing this kind of music, have none of my respect becuase they just contribute to the sterotype...

Convictions
21-04-2005, 04:30 PM
The thing im saying though is i live in the South of the United States (New Orleans) and theres only one white ive seen in my area of the neighborhood, and i dont walk round saying 'Waddup mah ni.gga to my friends, i would probably get gunned down or knifed if i said that. But in Queens (New York) they do say ni.gga, yet we all have the same origin, from generations of slaves. But i suppose it is as Gomme said, and the ethnic background does make a difference

:JaMhEd
21-04-2005, 06:57 PM
People used to call each other nig nogs and it meant 'you silly person' but if you say that on tv or anything now eg. 'what a nig nog' meaning 'what a silly person'.

Then they would get fired and get sued. i think that no words should be racist and that people should be able to call each other nig.ger as well as nig nog (as ive also been told that people used to call black, as in african/jamaican black, but not as a racist comment).

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOOOOO???

Kannae
21-04-2005, 07:04 PM
What I actually find confusing is many rappers are against racism towards their own culture or religion or color etc, but if it comes to be racist towards other nationalities, they don't seem to mind.

SSC7
21-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Well I don't really think it's racist if he said it to a fellow blackman. If a white guy called him that then i think it would be racist.

Butcher11
21-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Well I don't really think it's racist if he said it to a fellow blackman. If a white guy called him that then i think it would be racist.

But is that not the problem? The statement you just made was rascist in itself.
The thing that sickens me is these "artists" (whom I think are terrible phonies) think swearing makes them cool, and therefore set a great *sarcastic* example

Corey777
22-04-2005, 02:49 AM
But is that not the problem? The statement you just made was rascist in itself.
The thing that sickens me is these "artists" (whom I think are terrible phonies) think swearing makes them cool, and therefore set a great *sarcastic* example
It does in a sense make some sort of difference. A black man called another black man this term, I think many of them would take it casually, but on the other hand many would be offended. If a white man said it, it would be taken as offense as it would probably be directed and intended to be a racist comment.
But, I guess it depends on your own personal values or morals.

SSC7
22-04-2005, 07:33 PM
That was I was saying. Sorry if saying 'a fellow black man' offended anyone.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!