PDA

View Full Version : New layout

Oni
11-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Rate and give C&C please, If anyone wants it, its for sale.
http://www.twilightprincessforum.com/probuis.html

F32
11-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Too 'boxy' and 'empty'

Oni
11-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Personally its my favirote layout ive ever done lol

ScottDiamond
11-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Too 'boxy' and 'empty'

Ditto. It's just.. flash? Not everyone has flash mind you. :)

bad-dj
11-03-2007, 01:14 PM
well i like its nice :) with the flash and all :)

F32
11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
well i like its nice :) with the flash and all :)
Being flash doesn't make it nice.

If Liza Minelli was made out of flash; she'd still be butt ugly.

Oni
11-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Being flash doesn't make it nice.

If Liza Minelli was made out of flash; she'd still be butt ugly.
But flash doesnt make it ugly either you should never rate a layout on what program it uses, judge it regardless and how it looks etc.
This is what he was doing he was saying he likes the animation of it

F32
11-03-2007, 02:12 PM
I've always believed that making a layout entirely from flash isn't a layout; it's an application.

Oni
11-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I've always believed that making a layout entirely from flash isn't a layout; it's an application.
But why? Because it uses a different coding language? It makes no sense.

F32
11-03-2007, 02:25 PM
It's just not a website imo.

Mr.OSH
11-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Its alright 8/10 :)

Frog!
11-03-2007, 02:30 PM
I agree with Xeoro, a flash website is more of an 'application' rather than a website.

Nice try though.

Infrontation
11-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Don't really like it either. Just doesn't appeal to me.

ScottDiamond
11-03-2007, 02:59 PM

I agree, I think flash layouts are just really graphics to be honest. :S

You should make and sell Flash Intros, they are nice. ;)

Oni
11-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I agree, I think flash layouts are just really graphics to be honest. :S

You should make and sell Flash Intros, they are nice. ;)
Only as much as any other layout. Fair enough you dont like the layout but whats your problem with flash?.

[Oli]
11-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Only as much as any other layout. Fair enough you dont like the layout but whats your problem with flash?.

I think the design you made shouldn't be made in flash, ok.. the animations are a plus point but it still doesn't appeal to me.

Try and make only your headers or your navigations in flash. but keep the rest html. and like my portfolio --> when you have a flash nav like on my portfolio, make sure you have an html version to, for those who do not have flash plugin.

Its a nice design, just not enough worked out to be full flash in my opinion.

EDIT; forgot to mention, Also try and make your intro's a litle shorter, or add a skip button, people don't like long inro's.
Look @ proffesional hosting designs, they have an intro but dont start with it, they just place a button 'play intro' for those who are interested.

;)

Oni
11-03-2007, 04:09 PM
;3259348']I think the design you made shouldn't be made in flash, ok.. the animations are a plus point but it still doesn't appeal to me.

Try and make only your headers or your navigations in flash. but keep the rest html. and like my portfolio --> when you have a flash nav like on my portfolio, make sure you have an html version to, for those who do not have flash plugin.

Its a nice design, just not enough worked out to be full flash in my opinion.
Thats what I do if someone buys it as it takes longer to do in html after I just dislike people saying things about flash which have no basis whatsoever.

Mentor
11-03-2007, 06:00 PM
o.0 Hows it an application. Theres a very big difference between web apps and websites. One contains information, one performs a purpos or task. Flash websites like a html website, contain information and present it in a certain way.

Plus how the hell is flash just a graphic, the entire point of flash is it can do alot of stuff html cant (or at least didnt used to be capable of, dhtml is fighting back), its about as far from a graphic as you can get, since it allows information to be presented in a far more interactive way. (graphics are least interactive, html is next step, then flash)

Flicker is an APP, thybag is a website. The differnce is easy to spot, its all about purpos.

F32
11-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Flash elements; not a whole layout is the way forward.

Oni
11-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Flash elements; not a whole layout is the way forward.
That is not what this thread is about though. You said that a flash layout is an applcation when it blatently is not.

Blob
11-03-2007, 06:32 PM
That is not what this thread is about though. You said that a flash layout is an applcation when it blatently is not.

Flash is. Flash layouts arent. Not your best Ozzie, but good well done.

LeftForDead
11-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Do i need to tilt my monitor on the side to read everything?
also add a bit of colour? its black and white mainly add some sort of background

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!